• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 26

Chiefs lose and we get 12 W 12 L...not good at all after our last 5 seasons.

So key areas of interest.

Will Leicester secure top spot or can Sarries pinch it at the end?
Can Saints secure top 4 or can Gloucester beat Sarries and hope Newcastle do them a favour?
Who will finish bottom out of Worcester, Bath or possibly Newcastle if they get nothing and Worcester win with Bath getting any kind of LBP?

So key areas of interest.

Will Leicester secure top spot or can Sarries pinch it at the end?
Can Saints secure top 4 or can Gloucester beat Sarries and hope Newcastle do them a favour?
Who will finish bottom out of Worcester, Bath or possibly Newcastle if they get nothing and Worcester win with Bath getting any kind of LBP?
Win for Newcastle and a torrid afternoon for Mr Biggar.... :D

And, will anyone actually give a single ****?

Dunno. While all have had pretty awful seasons, there is a slight moral victory not finishing last. Bath certainly can take a small measure of comfort as at one point it looked like they might not win a game.

I don't think Newcastle will do us a complete favour by winning but they end up getting a point or two and Worcester win then I'll still be happy :)

FFS Karl Dickson referreeing our game.

Win to Saints in the bag.... :mad:

Hes utterly atrocious worst ref in the prem by a mile.

Premiership refs are poor on the whole.

I can't stand Carley … Dickson makes lots of poor calls. Carley does the same but also does it with an attitude. They both frustrate players (which I can totally understand from the players' POV), but I think Carley goes out of his way to be a smart arse as well and seems to enjoy riling people up. Dickson lacks competence, but isn't an arse about it.

The biggest disappointment with Dickson is that he hasn't translated his experience as a player over to his refereeing. It's really not that long ago he was a player, so you'd have thought he'd have more a feel for the game and make better calls as a result. As it happens, he's often worse than the referees who never played to a particularly high level.

I know a big part of our game is respect for referees, but to some degree at least that needs to be earned. These two regularly make howlers which make it difficult for the players to respect them.

Last edited:
Newcastle Falcons v Northampton Saints (Saturday, 3pm, cinch Stadium at Franklin's Gardens)

15 Alex Tait, 14 Adam Radwan, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 Mateo Carreras, 10 Joel Hodgson, 9 Michael Young; 1 Adam Brocklebank, 2 George McGuigan, 3 Trevor Davison, 4 Greg Peterson, 5 Sean Robinson, 6 Gary Graham, 7 Josh Basham, 8 Callum Chick (captain).

Replacements: 16 Jamie Blamire, 17 Logovi'i Mulipola, 18 Conor Kenny, 19 George Merrick, 20 Carl Fearns, 21 Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti, 22 Will Haydon-Wood, 23 George Wacokecoke.

Northampton Saints: 15 George Furbank, 14 Matt Proctor, 13 Fraser Dingwall, 12 Rory Hutchinson, 11 Tommy Freeman, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Alex Mitchell; 1 Alex Waller, 2 Sam Matavesi, 3 Paul Hill, 4 Alex Coles, 5 Api Ratuniyarawa, 6 Courtney Lawes, 7 Aaron Hinkley, 8 Lewis Ludlam (captain).

Replacements: 16 Mike Haywood, 17 Emmanuel Iyogun, 18 Ehren Painter, 19 David Ribbans, 20 Brandon Nansen, 21 Juarno Augustus, 22 Tom James, 23 Courtnall Skosan.

Referee: Karl Dickson.

@Geordiefalcon you might enjoy the irony of this: https://www.rugbypass.com/news/have...hards-names-rugbys-biggest-problem-newcastle/

Somewhat strange to call for more entertainment when arguably he's been one of the worst for limiting flair players and coaching the kind of 'turgid' rugby he's criticising!
Wow....he must have been on the pop when he did that interview...

As a season ticket holder I've missed games I've already paid for as I couldn't face another 80 mins of cr@p.....

I just pray that Dean has held all the shackles and with him going Dave Walder can sort the whole attack out.

We have some bruising hard carrying forwards and simply electric backs...its criminal rhat we aren't playing a game and style to suit them....

Saints must be seething looking at the Saracens side going to Gloucester.

I've seen them put out stronger sides for the Premiership Cup FFS. Gloucester do have a tendency to choke, but surely a BP win is there for the taking.

Saints must be seething looking at the Saracens side going to Gloucester.

I've seen them put out stronger sides for the Premiership Cup FFS. Gloucester do have a tendency to choke, but surely a BP win is there for the taking.
Yep seems Sarries only ones doing so looking at rest of declared line ups.
It's a must win for us against Falcons as can't see anything other than Gloucester getting the result they need to put the pressure on us to perform.

Wow just seen the Saracens line up..that's pretty bad.

Gloucester: Carreras; Rees-Zammit, Harris, Kveseladze, Thorley; Hastings, Meehan; Rapava-Ruskin, Singleton, Gotovtsev, Clarke, Alemanno, Reid, Ludlow (capt), Ackermann

Replacements: Socino, Elrington, Balmain, Davidson, Clement, Chapman, Twelvetrees, May.

Saracens: Obatoyinbo; Malins, Lozowski, Taylor, Harris; Manu Vunipola, van Zyl; Mawi, Pifeleti, Clarey, Hunter-Hill, Swinson, Wray (capt), Knight, Venter

Replacements: Dan, Adams-Hale, Wainwright, Boon, Reffell, de Haas, Morris, Hallett

Referee: Wayne Barnes

Warriors | 15 Jamie Shillcock, 14 Perry Humphreys, 13 Francois Venter, 12 Ashley Beck, 11 Duhan van der Merwe, 10 Fin Smith, 9 Gareth Simpson, 1 Rory Sutherland, 2 Niall Annett, 3 Christian Judge, 4 Joe Batley, 5 Graham Kitchener, 6 Kyle Hatherell, 7 Sam Lewis, 8 Ted Hill (C).

Replacements | 16 Isaac Miller, 17 Ethan Waller, 18 Murray McCallum, 19 Andrew Kitchener, 20 Tom Dodd, 21 Will Chudley, 22 Noah Heward, 23 Alex Hearle.

Bath Rugby | 15 Tom de Glanville, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Max Ojomoh, 11 Will Muir, 10 Orlando Bailey, 9 Ben Spencer, 1 Beno Obano, 2 Tom Dunn, 3 Will Stuart, 4 Ewan Richards, 5 Charlie Ewels (C), 6 Jaco Coetzee, 7 Sam Underhill, 8 Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements | 16 Jacques du Toit, 17 Valeriy Morozov, 18 Ma'afu Fia, 19 Mike Williams, 20 Miles Reid, 21 Max Green, 22 Danny Cipriani, 23 Gabriel Hamer-Webb.

Latest posts