• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 14

We didnt fire a shot...and when we tried we dropped it and when we had a chance we messed up the set piece. We were outplayed in everyway.

Well played Sarries

What happened? Switched over as soon as they pointed for the sticks
Made the game safe
Brought the last 3 substitutes on for the final minute
Only took 2 players off.

Idiocy, sheer idiocy.

Apparently, that means that it's a penalty to Newcastle at the location of the ball as of when it's first noticed - you'd think it'd be a yellow card for the excess player AND their replacement.

I guess there could be further sanction (eg forfeit) applied post-match; alternatively, it could be considered a mistake by the officials for failing to count the players off - we'll have to see.

Made the game safe
Brought the last 3 substitutes on for the final minute
Only took 2 players off.

Idiocy, sheer idiocy.

Apparently, that means that it's a penalty to Newcastle at the location of the ball as of when it's first noticed - you'd think it'd be a yellow card for the excess player AND their replacement
That really is an obscure penalty!

I didn't watch Sarries v Chiefs but I've seen a lot of people commenting on some very good play that Farrell made?

Anyone know what it was/got a clip?

That felt incredibly one sided, didn't feel any pressure from Exeter who were pretty poor throughout which considering previous contests was rather surreal. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but that came across as a performance from a team having a few issues.

The pass from Farrell to set up the bonus point Lewington try was just the cherry on top.

That felt incredibly one sided, didn't feel any pressure from Exeter who were pretty poor throughout which considering previous contests was rather surreal. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but that came across as a performance from a team having a few issues.

The pass from Farrell to set up the bonus point Lewington try was just the cherry on top.

It was a bit special. Borthwick will probably can him for being too flash.

I didn't watch Sarries v Chiefs but I've seen a lot of people commenting on some very good play that Farrell made?

Anyone know what it was/got a clip?
10m Out the back pass pass flat to Lewington to score in the corner, was pretty impressive tbf.

You didnt miss much from a chiefs point of view.

Very nice, but definitely a little speculative

A point made by the commentators was it was great but would he have dont that in an England shirt? He had a good game and it's almost like he's a very good 10 that has been held back in terms of position played and skillset by EJ.

Saracens looked pretty good in fairly average conditions. Brave choice of them to play a 12 at 10 though... ;) Going to be hard to beat for the Prem this year.

Exeter looked completely confused, bless 'em. I liked the look of the replacement scrum half Cairns; quick to the breakdown, sharp pass in front of the recipient. Hodge also has something different class about him, but that's as much encouragement as I can find from that performance.

Saracens looked pretty good in fairly average conditions. Brave choice of them to play a 12 at 10 though... ;) Going to be hard to beat for the Prem this year.

Exeter looked completely confused, bless 'em. I liked the look of the replacement scrum half Cairns; quick to the breakdown, sharp pass in front of the recipient. Hodge also has something different class about him, but that's as much encouragement as I can find from that performance.
It was just mistake after mistake, bad passing and being penalty machines especially in the second half. That with us making Mako look like a scrum god you had a pretty easy ride. Not saying for a second Sarries didnt play well but we lost that game by our own hand. And Sarries were just more accurate in every area.

Hodge did have some good touches, as did Tshiunza and Nowell. We were physical in defence putting in some good hits and making you work, yet a weak scrum and bad handling cost us no end.

Deserved and comprehensive win, Sarries did need a win after their loss last week, Bless'em :)

It was just mistake after mistake, bad passing and being penalty machines especially in the second half. That with us making Mako look like a scrum god you had a pretty easy ride. Not saying for a second Sarries didnt play well but we lost that game by our own hand. And Sarries were just more accurate in every area.

Hodge did have some good touches, as did Tshiunza and Nowell. We were physical in defence putting in some good hits and making you work, yet a weak scrum and bad handling cost us no end.

Deserved and comprehensive win, Sarries did need a win after their loss last week, Bless'em :)
Please don't mistake me for a Saracens fan; I'm one of the currently clubless...

A point made by the commentators was it was great but would he have dont that in an England shirt?

In the same situation - good lead against average oppononents quite possibly. It was instinctive and his only real passing option.

But it probably wouldn't have come off - it was a 2 or 3 times out of 10 at best. Today it did.

Definitely looks a bit **** it and hope for the best from Farrell. Tbh that's not what I want to see from him in a England shirt. Just simple, quick accurate passed rather than kicking it every 2 phases.

Penalty apiece in the last 10 minutes.
8-6 the final score.

An atrocious game with two atrocious performances in atrocious conditions! A win is a win though as I wasn't confident today.
I wasn't expecting Carreras to stick the penalty over at the end considering it was near halfway at an angle.

Latest posts