• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 11

Be interesting to see what kind of side we put out - based on the 2nd half vs Saints we need to rotate some players as they looked absolutely dead on their feet, but then the players who were f**ked we don't have anyone in reserve due to our injury list 🤷‍♂️

It won't happen but Ford needs to be dropped and RdP back to 10,

If we do rotate then I'd like to see:
Harrison (SiMac if fit, think he's got another week out though), Creevy, Asher
Bamber, Hill
Dugdale, Curry, Beaumont
Nye, RdP,
Reed, Bedlow, S.James, Roebuck
Veainu

Taylor, Harrison (Onasanya), Schonert, Wiese, JLdP, Warr, L.James, Carpenter

In reality it'll probably be the same as vs Saints but with Bedlow in for James and probably LCD/Creevy swapped round (we seem to be rotating those two)

Another loss for Gloucester I'm afraid. Sorry boys, you're my team but I've got to go with the odd$ on this one.

Last edited:
Very excited for this top of the table* clash against Saints. Chiefs have come on leaps and bounds since our defeat at the Gardens but so have Northampton. The more mobile pack worked well against Bristol but I would like to see Painter, Pearson and Vermeulen out there from the start and pursue dominance at the scrum. Roll the dice and see how our rush defence is operating which, to be fair, has been giving me far fewer scares of late.

*by a gnat's whisker

I feel like Chiefs vs Saints could well be the only game worth watching. Might depend on what teams get put out.

Exeter v Saints is the game of the round. Really looking forward to that one.

Sale Sharks Starting XV:

15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Sam James, 12. Rekeiti Ma'asi-White, 11. Arron Reed, 10. Rob du Preez, 9. Gus Warr 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3. Nick Schonert, 4. Cobus Wiese 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Ernst van Rhyn, 7. Ben Curry ©, 8. Jean-Luc du Preez.

Replacements:

16. Agustin Creevy, 17. Tumy Onasanya, 18. James Harper, 19. Josh Beaumont, 20. Sam Dugdale, 21. Nye Thomas, 22. Tom Curtis, 23. Telusa Veainu.

Sale Sharks Starting XV:

15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Sam James, 12. Rekeiti Ma'asi-White, 11. Arron Reed, 10. Rob du Preez, 9. Gus Warr 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3. Nick Schonert, 4. Cobus Wiese 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Ernst van Rhyn, 7. Ben Curry ©, 8. Jean-Luc du Preez.

Replacements:

16. Agustin Creevy, 17. Tumy Onasanya, 18. James Harper, 19. Josh Beaumont, 20. Sam Dugdale, 21. Nye Thomas, 22. Tom Curtis, 23. Telusa Veainu.
Quirke injured again?

Be interesting to see what kind of side we put out - based on the 2nd half vs Saints we need to rotate some players as they looked absolutely dead on their feet, but then the players who were f**ked we don't have anyone in reserve due to our injury list 🤷‍♂️

It won't happen but Ford needs to be dropped and RdP back to 10,

If we do rotate then I'd like to see:
Harrison (SiMac if fit, think he's got another week out though), Creevy, Asher
Bamber, Hill
Dugdale, Curry, Beaumont
Nye, RdP,
Reed, Bedlow, S.James, Roebuck
Veainu

Taylor, Harrison (Onasanya), Schonert, Wiese, JLdP, Warr, L.James, Carpenter

In reality it'll probably be the same as vs Saints but with Bedlow in for James and probably LCD/Creevy swapped round (we seem to be rotating those two)
How long does Ford have on his contract with Sale, I have to be honest, I'd think he would be pretty well paid and has offered you very little, not sure it would be worth renewing.

How long does Ford have on his contract with Sale, I have to be honest, I'd think he would be pretty well paid and has offered you very little, not sure it would be worth renewing.
Just about to enter his optional final/third year

IMG_4286.jpegAnother set of rotation there.

Interested to see Haffar start and so happy to see Manny back on the bench, two potential England props there.

Cole at 6 in Lawes absence is a good choice and nice to see Dingwall back from injury.

1 Beno Obano, 2 Tom Dunn, 3 Will Stuart, 4 Elliott Stooke, 5 Charlie Ewels, 6 GJ van Velze, 7 Miles Reid, 8 Jaco Coetzee, 9 Ben Spencer ©, 10 Finn Russell, 11 Will Muir (50), 12 Cameron Redpath, 13 Ollie Lawrence, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 15 Tom de Glanville

Replacements: 16 Niall Annett, 17 Thomas du Toit, 18 Archie Griffin, 19 Quinn Roux, 20 Alfie Barbeary, 21 Tom Carr-Smith, 22 Sam Harris, 23 Sam Underhill

Less than three mins for the commentary to talk like Quirke is first choice at Sale

Latest posts