• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 9

He strikes me as the kind of drunk you see getting his head kicked in by the bouncers out the front but then you see him in the smoking area at the back 5mins later loving life
Wasn't he a stonemason before turning pro?
I very much doubt he's even been a shrinking violet

That was such a clear yellow haha, Bath player dives at the ball on the wrong side of the ruck and plays it and basically on the tryline

What law was broken? He essentially fell over another player. That's not against the laws. It was horrible but nothing there was illegal.
He's been shoved backwards by Bath into another bath player and been flipped, same duty of care as a tackle or competing in the air surely

He's been shoved backwards by Bath into another bath player and been flipped, same duty of care as a tackle or competing in the air surely
Nope, he was being pushed backwards around the chest. Nothing Reid was doing in that was illegal. Reid couldn't see the player on the ground and what's he supposed to do once dombrandt starts falling over?

Accidents still happen and nothing any bath player was doing in that was illegal.

Think Big Joe got a little more hype than deserved in that game, he is looking like a different player this season, if he can consistently play like that he should be considered for England.

Naw you're forgetting that Luke is the ref
Oh please!

Don't we have enough problems with blaming the ref in rugby?
Are you really happy to contribute to that after a pretty neutral reffing performance?
You didn't lose that because of the ref, and he missed as many in Quin's favour as Baths.
He also didn't write off a Quin's try on a technicality

Nope sorry he's consistently shown he can't hack it with England.
Sorry I'm not as black and white as you, he had some mental health issues and was playing in a hugely under performing team, he is now looking good, if that continues should be a consideration, he offers things none of the other options have if he does use it properly.

Sorry I'm not as black and white as you, he had some mental health issues and was playing in a hugely under performing team, he is now looking good, if that continues should be a consideration, he offers things none of the other options have if he does use it properly.
I don't think England should aspire to filling our team with the biggest Pacific islander lumps we can find who offer nothing other than being a lump.

Even on form, that is all coka has shown himself to be.

Oh please!

Don't we have enough problems with blaming the ref in rugby?
Are you really happy to contribute to that after a pretty neutral reffing performance?
You didn't lose that because of the ref, and he missed as many in Quin's favour as Baths.
He also didn't write off a Quin's try on a technicality
I'm perfectly within my right to say I don't feel like the reffing was neutral in impact today. Bath were better, we were worse, but that reffing also didn't feel even imo...

It also seems to happen quite a lot when he is reffing us away from home

I don't think England should aspire to filling our team with the biggest Pacific islander lumps we can find who offer nothing other than being a lump.

Even on form, that is all coka has shown himself to be.
He was and probably could be again pretty darn quick he was supposedly quicker than Watson at one point, he also showed some footwork for that try, other options are not without those things but don't really have the bulk, I don't think that's all he has ever shown at all.

I'm perfectly within my right to say I don't feel like the reffing was neutral in impact today. Bath were better, we were worse, but that reffing also didn't feel even imo...

Is there a formuler for this, something like every time he has reffed Quins away and they have lost?

He was pretty average, by no means terrible or bias, missed a few bits either way which is just part of the sport.

He was and probably could be again pretty darn quick he was supposedly quicker than Watson at one point, he also showed some footwork for that try, other options are not without those things but don't really have the bulk, I don't think that's all he has ever shown at all.
My issues with Cokanasiga aren't going forward so much. He's a poor defender and is very exposed when the opposition kick to him both in terms of fielding any high balls and positioning.

Of course you're within your rights.
It doesn't make it right to do so.

Last edited:

Latest posts