• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PRM2 Demo out

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 9 2005, 11:03 AM
The demo is 188MB and can be downloaded from the following file sites:

gamershell
3d Gamers
worthplaying
Those websites have got the worst system EVER to let you download files! Click here, click there, click every-bloody-where! It's like the PC Hokey Cokey!

Why can't you just download direct from the PRM website???

Annoying
<

Get it sometime? I thought you were a big fan of the series. I'm dl as we speak.

Edit : Just played it, pretty crap demo. Nice music and screens though.

Not too bad, but needs quite a bit of tidying up. I'm disappointed they don't seem to have included all the stadiums they provided screenshots for in the demo. The interface needs a bit of a sort, both in the general screens and during the 3D match. The kits look nice though. Glad to see someone has bothered to get official European licenses (take note EA)

See Wally, if you don't like the style of game then it won't appeal to you - i didn't like prm2004 at first, but then i did. It does grow on you a bit.

If you were expecting rugby 2005 like gameplay it was never going to happen, i think its a great demo ... be good if rugby 2005 had the amount of stats/depth of prm2 (plus the menu's
<
)

just tried the demo...

the amount of teams/leagues/comps that will be included in the full version is pretty impressive... I done a few searches through leagues and although most of the teams don't appear visible in the scroll down menu, they do appear if you use the previous/next arrows

Canadian leagues... I'll have to give that a go

The 2-D game is pretty good aswell, I could never get the hang of the 3-D match in PRM2004... overall a nice improvement, tho still not perfect

... the navigation through screens still llacks the user friendliness of the more modern Championship Manager series... in it you can practically get to almost any screen from your current screen... but this may be different come the full release (tho I doubt it, release is not far off now)

So can someone give me a run down on the leagues? NPC, Currie Cup, Japan, Australia, etc.. they in?

Just go into the demo, go to info>club then check them out for yourself. 25 Leagues in all.

NPC: Yes (known as NZC
Currie Cup: Yes
Japan: Yes
Australia: No, S12 sides only

Most leagues have had to be renamed of course, but their will be a patch correcting player names, stadium names, leagues etc on release.

Will there be a patch correcting the bad gameplay, confusing interface, Wilkinson's kicking foot (right in the demo) and attacking and defending options? If they could do that it'd be a pretty good game.

Originally posted by el_tk@Feb 15 2005, 03:58 AM
Will there be a patch correcting the bad gameplay, confusing interface, Wilkinson's kicking foot (right in the demo) and attacking and defending options? If they could do that it'd be a pretty good game.
Newcastle arn't in the demo?

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 15 2005, 10:01 PM
Newcastle arn't in the demo?
They were in the one I got. For me anyway, being used to Championship Manager and Football Manager 2005 in comparison PRM 2 is just much harder to use.

Latest posts