• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 12: Wrestlemania!

Dave Kearney could probably play for Hong Kong if he worked on his tackling and speed.

Add in try scoring too. The 2 Connacht lads doing what they've done all season. Its very sad thoughy they'll never win anything or be at level of their opposition .... oh wait.

Pity AJ is NIQ he's improved massively in his time west. He will be missed

Pat Lam has just got the keys to Galway. I hope they go bonkers they deserve it. Best brand all season gets deserved rewards

Well done Connacht, very much deserved.

Disappointing to to top the league and not win it but this has to get the IRFU to cop on. The team spending more on wages, with better players and training facilities not winning because the coach on the other side of the pitch was picked properly after an intelligent process whereas Leinster gave it to whoever was there when they needed one.

One trophy since Schmidt and Gibbes left is a waste of resources and needs to be changed... Maybe next year.

It was a victory for exciting rugby. Delighted for Connacht as a fan of rugby. Disappointed for Leinster as a supporter but can have no complaints. The best team won the ***le.

Don't understand how the Connacht back three aren't in the Ireland squad.

Tiernan O'Halloran is arguably the best fullback available to Ireland right now. Finlay Bealham has come from nowhere to being Ireland's best tighthead. Pat Lam has done a phenomenal job there. Hopefully this will kick start participation in rugby out west.

Great win for Connacht but rugby was also the winner today. Very entertaining game!

Very entertaining game and congrats Connacht. Nigel had a very, very bad day thou.

If Adeolokun played for Ireland he'd be the first De La Salle man since Luke Fitzgerald's dad Des to get a cap. He's an interesting one though. He has the size, speed, power and work ethic to be a very very good player. He used to be a bit of a flake on the tackle but he's improved that massively and he definitely took the long route toward pro rugby. Leinster simply didn't want him, and Munster only showed interest after Connacht got in touch. Great try scoring rate too. Has more of the physical stats than Healy for sure.
Another thing is that the team cohesion and self belief in that Connacht squad is unbelievable.

When Marmion looked like this before the match ha even started did Leinster ever stand a chance?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 14
Only watching this in full now. Connacht seemed determined to purge the Kearney family tree. Even poor Mick was guilty by association.

Last edited:
If Adeolokun played for Ireland he'd be the first De La Salle man since Luke Fitzgerald's dad Des to get a cap. He's an interesting one though. He has the size, speed, power and work ethic to be a very very good player. He used to be a bit of a flake on the tackle but he's improved that massively and he definitely took the long route toward pro rugby. Leinster simply didn't want him, and Munster only showed interest after Connacht got in touch. Great try scoring rate too. Has more of the physical stats than Healy for sure.
Another thing is that the team cohesion and self belief in that Connacht squad is unbelievable.

100% all Connachts back 3 deseve caps. O'Halloran is the best 15 on form at moment by country mile. Facts are Rob Kearney isn't even top 3 in Irish fullbacks in alot of peoples eyes now.
But Lam surely deserved to be made the Saint Of Galway

It was a victory for exciting rugby. Delighted for Connacht as a fan of rugby. Disappointed for Leinster as a supporter but can have no complaints. The best team won the ***le.

Don't understand how the Connacht back three aren't in the Ireland squad.

Tiernan O'Halloran is arguably the best fullback available to Ireland right now. Finlay Bealham has come from nowhere to being Ireland's best tighthead. Pat Lam has done a phenomenal job there. Hopefully this will kick start participation in rugby out west.

TOH got owned in the air whenever Sexton put up bombs on him. Imagine what SA would do to him during the summer.

Moore is far better than Bealham. I don't know how Moore's form will be after he comes back after his injury but, up until he got injured, he was a nailed on starter for Ireland for the 6N.

Last edited:
Facts are Rob Kearney isn't even top 3 in Irish fullbacks in alot of peoples eyes now.

I'm not 100% sure he scrapes into the top 3 full backs in Leinster.

I'd start Nacewa and Kirchner ahead of him for sure.

Fitzgerald? Probably.

You simply cannot carry such a dead-weight in probably the most creative position after 10 and expect to bring in much success.

If Kearney had played against us, we'd likely have won the game.

I'm not 100% sure he scrapes into the top 3 full backs in Leinster.

I'd start Nacewa and Kirchner ahead of him for sure.

Fitzgerald? Probably.

You simply cannot carry such a dead-weight in probably the most creative position after 10 and expect to bring in much success.

If Kearney had played against us, we'd likely have won the game.
As you can tell from my username, I'm a massive Fitzgerald fan. He's easily one of the best players to play in and for Ireland in the pro era. However, he is not, in any way, shape or form, a fullback. He was horrific for Ireland in 2011 in the 6N under Kidney at fullback. He was targeted every game and failed to deliver.
15 definitely isn't the second most creative position on the pitch.

TOH got owned in the air whenever Sexton put up bombs on him. Imagine what SA would do to him during the summer.

Moore is far better than Bealham. I don't know how Moore's form will be after he comes back after his injury but, up until he got injured, he was a nailed on starter for Ireland for the 6N.

I'd 100% disagree with this.
TOH was more than capable and well it was embarrassing when I was watching with a Portuguese mate in Portugal to explain that Leinster back 3 were international guys and Connacht had no international. His response was why don't we pick our form guys. When I explained Healy was top scorer he asked what is main job of wing. A Leinster fan beside us chipped in with fact Dave and Luke don't score much and put it right in a sense of yes they're good but not at what they're supposed to be good at. But on 15. Kearney has been getting owned in alot of games and literally offers nothing in attack for club level never mind international these days and his defense is poor but the fact he has no offence shows his decline hugely

On Moore. He was never a nailed on starter for Ireland this year even before injury. If he was he wouldn't be leaving and even Leinster fans admit he was let go as Furlong is the better prospect.

Last edited:
I'd 100% disagree with this.
TOH was more than capable and well it was embarrassing when I was watching with a Portuguese mate in Portugal to explain that Leinster back 3 were international guys and Connacht had no international. His response was why don't we pick our form guys. When I explained Healy was top scorer he asked what is main job of wing. A Leinster fan beside us chipped in with fact Dave and Luke don't score much and put it right in a sense of yes they're good but not at what they're supposed to be good at. But on 15. Kearney has been getting owned in alot of games and literally offers nothing in attack for club level never mind international these days and his defense is poor but the fact he has no offence shows his decline hugely

On Moore. He was never a nailed on starter for Ireland this year even before injury. If he was he wouldn't be leaving and even Leinster fans admit he was let go as Furlong is the better prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XrGlRYlPI
watch from 5.15 - 5.25 and 13.05-13.15. (time is meant to be the time on the youtube video, not the time on the game clock)
yeah fitz doesn't score much but that isn't his role with neither leinster nor ireland. fitzgerald has been one of the most creative, talented players in europe over the last number of years. the fact he doesn't score tries isn't the sole metric of his contribution to the team. he is a world class defender (at both centre and wing), world class footwork, fantastic passing game, fixes defenders easily etc etc.
r kearney was nothing short of a disgrace yesterday. he has played some decent games this year but has been average-poor in most games. ive defended him a lot but his form has been woeful recently. doesn't deserve his seat on the plane to SA. d kearney doesn't deserve most of the criticism he gets in fairness. he's not isa nacewa but he is a very strong, powerful wing with a great defensive game. it suits joe down to the ground. i still wouldn't have him touring SA either.

Kearney looked unfit on Saturday, he was one of our better backs in the games he played in the 6nations so that's not a contentious call.

Niyi should definitely be in the squad although his form has rocketed in the last 4-5 games so may have been too little too late, you only have to go back and watch the Grenoble match to see why Mat Healy and Tiernan O'Halloran aren't touring, great in attack yes but huge liabilities defensively.

Theres four changes I'd make to Schmidt's squad, Gilroy in for Trimble, Niyi in, Conan for Reidy and O'Connor for Roux, they're pretty inconsequential to the starting 23.

Latest posts