• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 14 - Round 22

Owens is mad for avoiding giving penalties. Two what should be penalty calls reset. Second ball Beirne has dropped so far too hope he ups it.

Fairplay to Treviso.

Munster's attack is pathetic though. If they don't turn this around this will massively increase the pressure on Van Graan and co.

Its not Nigel Owens that doesn't have a f**king clue what to do when in possession of the ball though.

With the ball and field Munster have had, they can only point the finger of blame in one direction... well, 2 I guess - both players and coaches have to take responsibility.

Worst job on Earth is being a Munster forward. Imagine giving the backs so much posession, field position and platform only for the backs to **** it away with their clueless play. Pathetic. Couldn't be less impressed. Think Haley has been awful today, Murray back to 6 Nations form and Bleyendaal is making it easy for them. Treviso are good for their lead they absolutely deserve it for at least being ambitious.
Can this new attack coach start right now? I've seen senior cup sides with better ingenuity in attack.

If anything what they need is a creative ball-playing centre like Noel Reid who can open up opposition defences.

No use if no-one else has a clue how to run lines off him though.

Whole thing is a mess - you'd have to swap out all players and the backs coach as a unit to fix it in one fell swoop.

Otherwise needs new coach/coaches and time.

To be fair I think a midfield of Carbery and Farrell with a creative player between them could be very good. They desperately need an attack coach though, I don't want to write off Felix but he's out of his depth.

Not even joking about Reid, would genuinely take him over Scannell based off this season.

Not too sure on John Ryan winning that ruck there on his line.

That Treviso kit is a quality colour

Last penalty stander got was definitely not a penalty. Stander was off his feet I agree. Ryan was in fair. We don't deserve this match by a million miles. We were a shambles and will be taken apart in Dublin. I give credit to guys like Cloete who was great and Botha who had top impact. Also Hanrahan showed great nerve. Few other plaudits to give. Treviso wings and their back row with the scrum cap were unbelievable. They should be through. Gutted for them and gutted at how poor we were.

Out of Jail and into the shower room when Big Mike has paid off the guards to turn a blind eye.

I don't know if it's the players lacking skills to implement the coaches directives or a coaching failure but it's clear that Munster have gone backwards in the last 18 months. Thankfully for Munster supporters, there were very few in Thomond Park to witness that.

Hard luck Benetton who should have won that.

Honestly think that's a worse result for Munster and a better won for Leinster.

Munster without Carbery and Earls are the worst team left in the competition and an inform confident Treviso would genuinely worry me more than this Munster team, who need Joey, Earls, Noel Reid, JJ Hanrahan and Nigel Owens (man of the match today surely) into their backline for the next game.

Munster aren't going to win the competition without a massive improvement and this way they'll get to another semi-final and not have to wake up to the need for change.

The bonus is we can't be as bad and this result means we are written off for semi final before it starts.

We lacked energy today and physically were beaten

Munster will still have a definite chance in the semi regardless. Leinster will have to rotate for that game if they want to win the league.

The bonus is we can't be as bad and this result means we are written off for semi final before it starts.

We lacked energy today and physically were beaten
Perhaps they won't be as poor again but that's hardly a bonus. Their attack is reminiscent of Leinster under Matt O'Connor. Awful skills just like last season. Zero progression despite a number of major signings. They need to be bold in selection and stop picking underperformers.

Perhaps they won't be as poor again but that's hardly a bonus. Their attack is reminiscent of Leinster under Matt O'Connor. Awful skills just like last season. Zero progression despite a number of major signings. They need to be bold in selection and stop picking underperformers.
I'm not denying that. Evidence was clear. I was looking at stats from our stats team after and on average we made no yardage going in to contact. Treviso made 2 or 3 yards at least. We never really threatened the try line.
Now in defence it's 6 weeks in a row for a lot and well we were hitting empty so the week of will help.
Also to be fair JVG has identified the gap and an attack coach is all but signed.
I don't think coaches are to blame in that they are maximising their abilities but Felix is a superb skills coach if left to just that. He isn't experienced enough to be attack coach. And probably has to big a portfolio.
Add in Earls and Joey and that backline changes. I also think Dan Goggin is really putting up a case to be 12

Latest posts