• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 14 - Round 22

Munster will still have a definite chance in the semi regardless. Leinster will have to rotate for that game if they want to win the league.
Yes a chance but thats based on heart and rivalry but we are behind Leinster in depth and skills at moment and I can't see us beat ye up front which is needed as our backline confidence is shattered

Yes a chance but thats based on heart and rivalry but we are behind Leinster in depth and skills at moment and I can't see us beat ye up front which is needed as our backline confidence is shattered
True but hard to tell where our squad will be at the week after what will be a brutal game against Saracens.

True but hard to tell where our squad will be at the week after what will be a brutal game against Saracens.
Being honest I can see final being an easy win or loss by 9 or 10. Can't see it close but not sure who will win

Anyway, onto our match Coetzee is an animal.

We're starting to really see the player that was bought in 3 years ago.

Kudos to Ross Kane - was worried Denis Buckley would do a big number on our scrum, but it held up enough to get the job done.

Deserved win for Ulster, they were the better team overall. Best (despite a poor lineout performance that kept , Henderson and Coetzee were excellent and made the difference up front.

Luke Marshall is surely worth a callup to the Ireland squad for the World Cup warmups, same with McCloskey. Lowry and Baloucoune both have very bright futures.

For Connacht's part, I thought Carty was a bit underwhelming. He's been a better player than Byrne this season but when it comes down to it in a tight knockout game I'd take Ross every time (I'd probably take him over Carbery as well in that situation).

It's been a good season for both teams after disappointing last year though, the new coaching appointments have really worked out.

Because he isn't concentrating on that job at moment

I cannot fathom how a "superb skills coach" is unable to show fellas how to pass the ball right over the course of a season - surely somewhere in there he's found free time during a few training sessions to outline the drills - his head cannot be buried 365 days a year in creating strike moves (that don't work 'cos invariably the standard of passing results in them breaking down).

A positive to take from an underwhelming performance is that I finally feel like Hanrahan has started to settle into his role. He always struck me as a player with potential, but he's had a habit of blowing it in the big games and big moments. It seems like he's had some confidence issues that have stopped him from delivering when it matters most. But he's been good for Munster in recent weeks and deserves a lot of credit for yesterday's win. He still wouldn't be my starting 10 for the biggest games, but he's definitely less of a step down now and I reckon his performances at the tail end of this season will do him good going forwards.

I cannot fathom how a "superb skills coach" is unable to show fellas how to pass the ball right over the course of a season - surely somewhere in there he's found free time during a few training sessions to outline the drills - his head cannot be buried 365 days a year in creating strike moves (that don't work 'cos invariably the standard of passing results in them breaking down).
Well no but he isn't fully skills coach for Munster so I suppose he'd probably need to be back properly in that job.
And there is a big difference between backs coach and attack coach.

I'd start Hanrahan in the next game, even at 12/15 if Joey is fit. He's one of the few players who seem to be looking to create something instead of just setting up the predictable old one-out runners. Sweetnam deserves to keep his spot as well.

I'm a Glasgow fan, but I just want to send out kudos to Benetton. Yes they lost, but as the TV announcer said, just making it to the playoffs was a big step for the team and Italian rugby in general. They gave Munster a real battle in Ireland and had a chance to win it at the end but missed the kick.

I'm a Glasgow fan, but I just want to send out kudos to Benetton. Yes they lost, but as the TV announcer said, just making it to the playoffs was a big step for the team and Italian rugby in general. They gave Munster a real battle in Ireland and had a chance to win it at the end but missed the kick.

They were very unlucky - and can throw some blame Nigel's way too.

Latest posts