Status
Not open for further replies.
S

St Helens RLFC

... has been listed October 28th on Play.com

Here's what I've gleaned so far.

theres good news about this game that come out on the 28th august it look brill

news: -

Some of the english clubs are licesened Chelsea with their new kit and arsenal.

new weather: snow

new skills as shown with ronaldihno in the video

looks like you can control the ball the better in this one

strped kits to edit

HERES THE LINK TO THE VID

http://home.megapass.net/~kgh3989/we9.wmv

This game sounds pretty good, Just hope Spurs are licensed, well the whole EPL would be preffered, but that is not to likely if we're honest.

The PES Series is unique in the sense that it lasts from one release to the next, PES3 lasted till PES4, and I'm sure PES5 will last until 6. It's one of the only series thats been that way for me.

Interesting about the mention of more ariel control, manual jump then manual header. Make or break addition, could be awesome, could be to fiddly, we'll have to wait and see. I'm looking foward to this game..

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Jul 12 2005, 10:31 PM
This game sounds pretty good, Just hope Spurs are licensed, well the whole EPL would be preffered, but that is not to likely if we're honest.

The PES Series is unique in the sense that it lasts from one release to the next, PES3 lasted till PES4, and I'm sure PES5 will last until 6. It's one of the only series thats been that way for me.

Interesting about the mention of more ariel control, manual jump then manual header. Make or break addition, could be awesome, could be to fiddly, we'll have to wait and see. I'm looking foward to this game..
what a great idea!!!

f*** Pro Ev series rocks...haha! Fifa (EA) series is a joke really.

What timing! I just sold Pro Ev 4 - great timing..(I had to, to sanction buying BLICs)....worth it.
<

PES 5 should be excellent - this would be my most highly expectant purchase for the year........you just know it going to be good, only question is how good.

Snow looks great (esp. the breathing effects), looks like double the unique special moves, and more official kits (wonder if Liverpool is authentic SHRLFC??)........

I would hope so - the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS being authentic should be law!

The game is gonna be ****. Konami has spoiled a good series. They started off with a good first game, had a much better sequel, then they decide the change game completly & release shodddy 3, 4 & now 5. Pro Evo has followed the same gameply of International Superstar Soccer Series & put it into the pro evo series. WTF was are they doing??

I am still playing Pro Evo 2 (with my bro) & it is truly the greatest footie game out there IMO!

well each to their own i guess. I got pes 4 end of last year and it is awesome into my second season in the epl almost got relegated in my first but should go better this time around. I haven't played it lately though due to cricket 2005 demo and blic demo and other things including a format of my computer. pes 5 will be good without a doubt and well worth the purchase.

i just hope they bring back the pes3 difficulty

pes4 was too easy after a few seasons on 6 stars with a team of legends

i know i shouldnt have such a good team, but in 2 player we need the best v the best out on the paddock.

yes i will be purchasing this with no doubts and worries

the best sports series of all time

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jul 13 2005, 09:48 AM
The game is gonna be ****. Konami has spoiled a good series. They started off with a good first game, had a much better sequel, then they decide the change game completly & release shodddy 3, 4 & now 5. Pro Evo has followed the same gameply of International Superstar Soccer Series & put it into the pro evo series. WTF was are they doing??

I am still playing Pro Evo 2 (with my bro) & it is truly the greatest footie game out there IMO!
Pro evolution soccer 2 (which you love so much) was almost the death of the series...................(as I have mentioned on this forum many a time).......

It was the closest the series had come to being like FIFA, and there was a real backlash from fans of the game not wanting an"arcade" style..........it wasn't until someone worked out that certain attributes should be lowered/lifted (strikers acceleration, speed, ball control stats lowered - defenders awareness, defense levels, speed/accerleration lifted) that it became the game we know and love again.........

I remember first playing it (before changing the stats mentioned above), and from the kickoff (on the second hardest level) I ran through the whole defense and scored with Ronaldo. The central defenders were the worst bit as they would "part like the ball was diseased" for no apparent reason for you to get clear shots on goal. The ball would also "stick" like glue to your feet making dribbling way too easy (and unrealistic).

That first game on PES2 I turned it off in disgust after scoring 7 unanswered goals...........

.....please do not remind me of that version of this king of games as those were very dark days indeed..................

Meh, bout time I got myself a new soccer game... will this one have any other Franchise type modes other then the Master League (One Similar to TIF 2003 - Preety much just oridinary season mode over multiple years with aging players/generating young bucks when the veterans retire and a transfer market)

With PES5 on the horizon i can see GJohn making the annual pilgrimmage to make new enemies
<

this will be my 3rd year watching GJohn v 'TRFchallenger' in debating battles, crusader like in the colosium
<

lol.............I respect loyal support to PES2
<
.....(this does not mean i agree with you)

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jul 13 2005, 10:48 AM

Hahaha!!!

you gotta be kidding.....the series just got better each game. I owned ONLY PES2 and 4 till recently....and PES4 is, of course naturally, way better.

<

"IMO" is right.

<

Every time I get it, I spend teo hours changing nearly everything...is always worth it in the long run.

To be honest, as a Kiwi, I'm hanging out for BLICs way more.

Come on BLICs!!!! Let's ship baby!!!!!!!

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 14 2005, 01:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 14 2005, 01:04 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Jul 13 2005, 10:48 AM

Hahaha!!!

you gotta be kidding.....the series just got better each game. I owned ONLY PES2 and 4 till recently....and PES4 is, of course naturally, way better.

<

"IMO" is right.

<

Every time I get it, I spend teo hours changing nearly everything...is always worth it in the long run.

To be honest, as a Kiwi, I'm hanging out for BLICs way more.

Come on BLICs!!!! Let's ship baby!!!!!!!

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! [/b]
Just to add to my rant the maker of PES2 actually apoligised to fans for the style of that game and promised to go back to the roots of the game for PES3 (which he did)........

And yes for seasoned players PES4 became too easy when you had a "super team" at your disposal.....

i will let u know as soon as possible about the gameplay.because im goin to buy we 9 that is the japanese version of pes5.this is the best videogame series ever.the only problem with pes4 was some slowdowns in some stadiums,i just hope they fixed this problem.

Originally posted by Badboy@Jul 15 2005, 08:50 AM
i will let u know as soon as possible about the gameplay.because im goin to buy we 9 that is the japanese version of pes5.this is the best videogame series ever.the only problem with pes4 was some slowdowns in some stadiums,i just hope they fixed this problem.
just be sure though first...WE9 might PES4....otherwise sweet.

It needs to be harder. And the goalkeepers MUST be better, they were still a major let down.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 17 2005, 05:31 AM
It needs to be harder. And the goalkeepers MUST be better, they were still a major let down.
Hey atleast they actually do something - I borrowed TIF 2005 of a mate the other day and I was disgusted - it almost made me ashamed to call myself a TIF fan...

PES 5 details (a guide for those too assed to go and find out themselves......)

In no particular order.......

*Arsenal, Chelsea, Rangers and Celtic now fully licensed. One International team is also fully licensed (rumoured to be either England or Germany).
*New "middle shooting" ability. Means some players now have very mean long shot ability.
*New "covering" ability (for those players good at mopping up loose balls).
#New side ability (touchline play),central midfield ability, lines ability (for beating offside trap).
*Loads more animations including heading, fouling, shooting, passing, etc etc (everything really).
*On line PS2 capability. Also online co-operative play.
*Comes out on PSP, and you will be able to share data between your PSP and PS2.
*Editing is clarified in detail when you change options and go to save (eg. saving......Rooneys appearance, Beckham attributes, Stadium name....).
*Play in snowy conditions, orange ball.
*Frosty breath effect during cold days, night games.
*Certain players have taken attribute increases/drops to reflect real ability (eg. Lampard, Robben dramatically improved/Keane, Giggs reduced.
*Better momentum, more collision. Heavier players favoured more relative to speed/timing/momentum of collision. New 270 degree spin collision animation. Leads to more "combative" mid field tussles.
*Ronaldinhos flik flak move added, new back heel Cruyff turn (a deceptive 180 degree spin turn)added for relevant top players.
*New positions (second striker role, wing back).
*Improved commentary.
*Better keepers. Top keepers harder to beat. They rush out better, and defend corners better, seem to get hand/leg to ball better.
*New keeper throwing animation. Some keepers able to throw a very long way now.
*Over 70+ new goal celebrations.
*New dynamic crowd celebrations. After scoring some goals the cut scene of your fans celebrating are shown in full 3D.
*More dynamic replay angles. Now you can watch that goal from a camera inside the stands.
*Players more likely to put out a foot, head, thigh etc (especially the good ones) to intercept/steal balls due to new animations.
*New team selection screen, choose team by region and compare stats instantly with new visual overlap chart (like player stats pentagon in PES4).
*More licensed boots. even change sprig length......
*Master league player potential now far easier to see, with 6 types of player development. Early/lasting (Alan Shearer), Standard, Standard/lasting, Late peak (Duncan Ferguson), Late/lasting, Early peak (Francis Jeffers).
*At the start of each master league season player retirements, promising young players are revealed for future planning (rather then the end of season like PES4).
*Better player search options in Master league.
*Can set the "match entrance scene" to only play at the start of important matches (rather then just "off" or "on").
*Passing improved, making perfect passes harder for lesser ability players, whilst improving pass abiltiies of better players. Pass with x and you get a power bar.
*5 types of dribble style, 5 free kick styles, 4 keeper feeder pass styles.
*28 stadiums. 4 new ones (Mestella/Valencia, Riazor/Deportivo, Newlands/Ajax Cape town, Saitama/Urawa Red Diamonds).
*2 new licensed stadiums (Highbury, Stamford bridge).
*Fully licensed Bundesliga.
*Power bar for throw ins.
*New Internatonal teams added.
*Players stamina can now be shown under the players HUD in game (can be turned off if required).
*Much improved player faces.
*No slow down in 50hz mode, very small slowdown once a blue moon in 60hz mode.
*More/better uniform editing options.
*Gameplay runs slightly slower then PES4, increasing the realism aspect.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 25 2005, 01:38 PM
PES 5 details (a guide for those too assed to go and find out themselves......)

In no particular order.......

*Arsenal, Chelsea, Rangers and Celtic now fully licensed. One International team is also fully licensed (rumoured to be either England or Germany).
*New "middle shooting" ability. Means some players now have very mean long shot ability.
*New "covering" ability (for those players good at mopping up loose balls).
#New side ability (touchline play),central midfield ability, lines ability (for beating offside trap).
*Loads more animations including heading, fouling, shooting, passing, etc etc (everything really).
*On line PS2 capability. Also online co-operative play.
*Comes out on PSP, and you will be able to share data between your PSP and PS2.
*Editing is clarified in detail when you change options and go to save (eg. saving......Rooneys appearance, Beckham attributes, Stadium name....).
*Play in snowy conditions, orange ball.
*Frosty breath effect during cold days, night games.
*Certain players have taken attribute increases/drops to reflect real ability (eg. Lampard, Robben dramatically improved/Keane, Giggs reduced.
*Better momentum, more collision. Heavier players favoured more relative to speed/timing/momentum of collision. New 270 degree spin collision animation. Leads to more "combative" mid field tussles.
*Ronaldinhos flik flak move added, new back heel Cruyff turn (a deceptive 180 degree spin turn)added for relevant top players.
*New positions (second striker role, wing back).
*Improved commentary.
*Better keepers. Top keepers harder to beat. They rush out better, and defend corners better, seem to get hand/leg to ball better.
*New keeper throwing animation. Some keepers able to throw a very long way now.
*Over 70+ new goal celebrations.
*New dynamic crowd celebrations. After scoring some goals the cut scene of your fans celebrating are shown in full 3D.
*More dynamic replay angles. Now you can watch that goal from a camera inside the stands.
*Players more likely to put out a foot, head, thigh etc (especially the good ones) to intercept/steal balls due to new animations.
*New team selection screen, choose team by region and compare stats instantly with new visual overlap chart (like player stats pentagon in PES4).
*More licensed boots. even change sprig length......
*Master league player potential now far easier to see, with 6 types of player development. Early/lasting (Alan Shearer), Standard, Standard/lasting, Late peak (Duncan Ferguson), Late/lasting, Early peak (Francis Jeffers).
*At the start of each master league season player retirements, promising young players are revealed for future planning (rather then the end of season like PES4).
*Better player search options in Master league.
*Can set the "match entrance scene" to only play at the start of important matches (rather then just "off" or "on").
*Passing improved, making perfect passes harder for lesser ability players, whilst improving pass abiltiies of better players. Pass with x and you get a power bar.
*5 types of dribble style, 5 free kick styles, 4 keeper feeder pass styles.
*28 stadiums. 4 new ones (Mestella/Valencia, Riazor/Deportivo, Newlands/Ajax Cape town, Saitama/Urawa Red Diamonds).
*2 new licensed stadiums (Highbury, Stamford bridge).
*Fully licensed Bundesliga.
*Power bar for throw ins.
*New Internatonal teams added.
*Players stamina can now be shown under the players HUD in game (can be turned off if required).
*Much improved player faces.
*No slow down in 50hz mode, very small slowdown once a blue moon in 60hz mode.
*More/better uniform editing options.
*Gameplay runs slightly slower then PES4, increasing the realism aspect.
Gosh Pes5 looks awesome....that's how you make a game.

You create something good - the bare bones of something perfect..

and then you put the meat on the bones...

This thing is the tyranosaurus of soccer games.

Have just got rid of:

cricket 2002
madden 2005
pro ev 4
Vice City

and picked up

NBA 2K5
Gallop Racer 2

and...

Blic...

God when will it arrive!!! (I know has only been a couple of days lol!! But it is killing me).

<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts