• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evo 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 15 2005, 01:55 PM
I must be the only one around in the universe who will be looking at PES5 and hoping for vast improvements as I actually preferred Fifa 2005 better than PES4. The reasons for I listed ages ago.

Playing Fifa2005 on my custom set broadcast view on a widescreen is simply AWESOME! One of the few games that truly took advantage of the widescreen view. When the shot pans around it almost looks 3D!
Gay guy: all my respect for you is gone.........
<

Granted FIFA 2005 was an improvement on previous FIFAs, but it was still too "scripted" and unrealistic..................graphics are all its got going for it.

Single player PES is superb but no sportsgame beats multiplayer PES with your mates, the highs and lows, and the tension/nerves that build up during gameplay.

Yeah I know. I was a fan back at the beginning with those beatiful ISS creations.

However I was still impressed with the Fifa2005 attempt, especially as I had written them off in the 90's. I could not find with PES4 the camera angles I would have liked as a long time ago I had gotten sick of the sideline cam and moved towards the broadcast ones to try and create that "authentic" feel. A bit like how the JLR camera creates a more realistic feel with its zooming at rucks and panning at the 22.

The Fifa2005 cams (especially the Broadcast) are almost perfection and the gameplay was decent enough for me to continue with it. PES4 cans are average and lacking options. Very disappointing considering they were the ones in the 90's that created the 2/3rd side cam (player in possession has 2/3 of the field on screen "ahead" of them).

Los Lover....I know you have a widescreen TV. I challenge you to play Fifa2005 on "Broadcast" view though you may need to adjust the zoom and height a bit out according to your liking. I know you will be astonished as the screen pans and how you can see PLENTY of players position (widescreen
<
) for a broadcast view and think "this broadcast is actually very PLAYABLE, in fact better playable than the side view" The experience is close to watching a game in real life!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 15 2005, 02:21 PM
Los Lover....I know you have a widescreen TV. I challenge you to play Fifa2005 on "Broadcast" view though you may need to adjust the zoom and height a bit out according to your liking. I know you will be astonished as the screen pans and how you can see PLENTY of players position (widescreen
<
) for a broadcast view and think "this broadcast is actually very PLAYABLE, in fact better playable than the side view" The experience is close to watching a game in real life!
GG

I have a widescreen too

but it aint getting polluted with FIFA...nor the ps2

Sorry mate

PES5 all the way.

Although i know from Rugby 2005 and other EA ***les that if widescreen is enabled with a proper widecreen TV - the difference is mind boggling

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 15 2005, 02:39 PM
Although i know from Rugby 2005 and other EA ***les that if widescreen is enabled with a proper widecreen TV - the difference is mind boggling
R2005 on XBox on widescreen has the gameplay slowed down. Why this is is a mystery and a disappointment. I don't think the slow down happens with PS2.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 15 2005, 02:21 PM
I know you will be astonished as the screen pans and how you can see PLENTY of players position (widescreen
<
In FIFA why would you need to see plenty of players when you can just run through the team with one man and score..................
<

Originally posted by NZL fan+Sep 15 2005, 03:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Sep 15 2005, 03:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Sep 15 2005, 02:21 PM
I know you will be astonished as the screen pans and how you can see PLENTY of players position (widescreen
<
) for a broadcast view and think "this broadcast is actually very PLAYABLE, in fact better playable than the side view"  The experience is close to watching a game in real life!
In FIFA why would you need to see plenty of players when you can just run through the team with one man and score..................
<
[/b]
I humbly withdraw from this debate. Even I cannot take on an army
<
<

..........when we are all rich and have widescreens you'll all be backing me up
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Sep 15 2005, 03:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 15 2005, 03:19 PM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Sep 15 2005, 03:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Sep 15 2005, 02:21 PM
<
) for a broadcast view and think "this broadcast is actually very PLAYABLE, in fact better playable than the side view"  The experience is close to watching a game in real life!

<
I humbly withdraw from this debate. Even I cannot take on an army
<
<

..........when we are all rich and have widescreens you'll all be backing me up
<
[/b]
I think PES5 (if the cameras are better for your style of play)may be worth a closer look from you.........

I hope so. If PES5 take some cam ideas from Fifa2005 (and just that version only) then it would be a mega super dooper game.

FIFA 2006 For Me

Im a Franchise Whore and the fact they have now made Total Club PC's only, and combined Total Club and FIFA into one game on consoles is too good to pass up.

yeah i love playing franchises, i have no idea why it just gives me a sense of satisfaction pulling a crap team from the bottom and making them real good lol

though i don't know anythign about the soccer leagues as i don't follow it. to many competitions around
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Sep 16 2005, 10:58 AM
yeah i love playing franchises, i have no idea why it just gives me a sense of satisfaction pulling a crap team from the bottom and making them real good lol

though i don't know anythign about the soccer leagues as i don't follow it. to many competitions around
<
u have no idea how franchise in madden 06 is treating me

1st time ever i took over the oaklands raiders (normally i am viking), and created the might Canberra Raiders with jerserys etc, and replaced the oakland team and rosters - hey atleast my team is referred to "The raiders" now

oakland have a crap roster, so i had to re-structure the whole team especially my dee

slowly season after season, my defense is getting better now avg 88 (used to be in 70's)

the results are now turning around and some play-off births come

however in my latest season where my team would have dominated everything (just look at my team rankings v the nfl avg) - my QB whom is mid 90's stats, injured for whole season.........i finish with 50% win record, fail to make playoffs, yetstill returned a profit

i have yet to win the super bowl but made the playoff nearly every year (1 SB appearance but lost) over about 10 seasons, but now my QB is about to retire and my o-line is crash hot mid 90's stats, and my young RB is coming good at 88 stats, so now my gameplan will turn to ground attack

but injuries have killed my SB hopes every season

incase ur wondering - i simulate the season and play as coach, owner - do all the drafting and re-structuring - i love it soo much

the only thing it needs is the ESPN weekly wrap and sportcentre music.....sorry Ripper.......but i love the ESPN music, presentation and Berman.......EA radio has to go............I want sportcentre!!!!!!!!!!..........da da da.....da da da!!!

Bermans - woop woop, he could go all.........the..........................waaaaaay!!!

Now I know for sure gun guy........you are a gaming fanatic! Do you do anything else apart from playing games?

Yeah Canberra Raiders. Used to leve on Cranmere Crescent so we named in '92 our touch team the "Cranmere Raiders" with green touch uniforms and all. We sucked
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 16 2005, 01:20 PM
Now I know for sure gun guy........you are a gaming fanatic! Do you do anything else apart from playing games?

Yeah Canberra Raiders. Used to leve on Cranmere Crescent so we named in '92 our touch team the "Cranmere Raiders" with green touch uniforms and all. We sucked
<
TV sucks these days, so when i am at home, its either a DVD or a game, or even music

My GF hates it - but she sings, so I have the singstar loophole hehe

I love games, but also pubs and sport

Hot tip tho - if its raining outside u can garuantee the ps2 light will be on

I hate rain!!

yeah i think that playing it as a simulation is much better, just more realistic imo. if i played the game i would either win by a huge score or lose by a huge score

back on topic i have yet to find a soccer game that is hard to play against on the hardest difficulty

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 16 2005, 01:41 PM
I hate rain!!
I can tell you aren't a sports person. Rain is great for individual training! Great feeling! You feel like you are a man running against nature. The harder the rain, the stronger the wind, the better.

Back to the topic of Pro Evo 5.

Well the weekend is here so I think I will go down to the local video store and hire out Fifa2005.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Sep 16 2005, 02:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 16 2005, 02:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 16 2005, 01:41 PM
I hate rain!!
I can tell you aren't a sports person. Rain is great for individual training! Great feeling! You feel like you are a man running against nature. The harder the rain, the stronger the wind, the better.

Back to the topic of Pro Evo 5.

Well the weekend is here so I think I will go down to the local video store and hire out Fifa2005. [/b]
playing in the rain is fun

i am a sports person......throphy cabinet larger than my Rugby 2005 accolades, with cricket, rugby, league, afl, snooker and even fishing

just dont take to the field anymore.......except cricket - in which the rain can keep away

but yeah back on topic

FIFA 2005 is out before pes5 - een tho i have never done it before i will rent this before buying pes5, just coz i am excited about soccer at the mo - socceroos qualifying, Sydney FC taking off....and for the fact of an EA widescreen experience

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 16 2005, 02:32 PM
socceroos qualifying
They've qualified for the World Cup already?

Damn.............that is synonymous with the All Whites missing out. Oh well, we got there in '82 and scored a couple of goals against Scotland, kept Russias score low and managed to keep Brazil to beating us by only 5-0.
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Sep 16 2005, 02:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 16 2005, 02:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 16 2005, 02:32 PM
socceroos qualifying
They've qualified for the World Cup already?

Damn.............that is synonymous with the All Whites missing out. Oh well, we got there in '82 and scored a couple of goals against Scotland, kept Russias score low and managed to keep Brazil to beating us by only 5-0.
<
[/b]
about to qualify
<

sorry mate.............bad comms...............

we are locked in to play 5th ranked south american side in november to qualfy

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 16 2005, 02:43 PM
Damn....5th ranked South American side is very good.

Is Mexico ranked as South American?

So who have you got....Theres Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Columbia, Paraguay, Chile, etc..........OMG! Well if there is one thing about you Aussies it is the fact that you know how to win when you are outclassed.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Sep 16 2005, 02:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 16 2005, 02:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 16 2005, 02:43 PM
Damn....5th ranked South American side is very good.

Is Mexico ranked as South American?

So who have you got....Theres Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Columbia, Paraguay, Chile, etc..........OMG! Well if there is one thing about you Aussies it is the fact that you know how to win when you are outclassed. [/b]
Like against Brazil. That was just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts