• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evo 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding the demo very good to play. Especially with the expander (allows you to choose more options, namely increasing time and choosing other bits).

It is slightly slower, the animations are so much more realistic, and everyhting from passing and shooting to falling down from a foul seems to just look that much better than PES4.

Despite the gaphics not realising their full quality on my PC, they look as though they're the same as PES4, which is no bad thing, there is slight tweaks but overall they're the same. The 3d Crowds look bad on my PC, I don't know how they'll look on PS2, but I hope they'll be abit better, they look like WCR's fans.

The Shooting took me a bit to get used to actually, at the start. I kept blasting it high with Drogba, but after a little practise I fired in what was a quite outstanding goal from well outside the box.

So overall the ball feels better and more realistic to play with, and beating players is alot harder, yet more satisfying. I eagerly await the release of this on PS2.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Sep 21 2005, 04:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 21 2005, 04:49 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 20 2005, 12:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Sep 19 2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Evo > Madden

If you are talking about stuff like features then you are so wrong its not funny.
I'm sure he's talking about gameplay.

Unless you think a video game when the action stops before it gets to begin is 'brilliant'. [/b]
lol, that coming from a fan of a sport where you get a shot at goal for pretending to trip up?

Stupid thing about Pro Evo on PC is that its a stupid port! Playstation things everywhere

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Sep 21 2005, 04:03 AM
. I kept blasting it high with Drogba
Sounds mega realistic.
<

Originally posted by umosay@Sep 21 2005, 07:04 PM
Stupid thing about Pro Evo on PC is that its a stupid port! Playstation things everywhere
yeah i agree,

when i tried to map my controller to it it didn't like it, the x button when i pressed it was the start button on the controller, crazy, having to have fingers everywhere trying to play it. went to keyboard which i didn't want to do but found it easy to play.

is this game online, i havn't paid much attention to it

Some reviews of FIFA06 are going around

9.0/10

I big upgrade from nay other FIFA apparantly

I am shocked

Perhaps PES could be challenged - ok ok........shoot me now!!

***** I LOVE THE NEW AVATAR - YES YES YES
<
<
<

What did they say about the combined Total Club/FIFA Franchise Mode in the FIFA Review? Ive definatly decided to get a soccer game this year and after the disgrace that was TIF 2005 (After showing so much promise in 03 and 04) it's between FIFA and PES this time around.

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 27 2005, 03:21 PM
What did they say about the combined Total Club/FIFA Franchise Mode in the FIFA Review? Ive definatly decided to get a soccer game this year and after the disgrace that was TIF 2005 (After showing so much promise in 03 and 04) it's between FIFA and PES this time around.
its a freakin dutch site so i cant shite

but i can see 9.2/10

edit - seeing i cant read it all properly it could be the demo review

either or, its on sale here and have heard good reports

but i am waiting for pes5

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 27 2005, 02:54 PM
Some reviews of FIFA06 are going around

9.0/10

I big upgrade from nay other FIFA apparantly

I am shocked

Perhaps PES could be challenged - ok ok........shoot me now!!

***** I LOVE THE NEW AVATAR - YES YES YES
<
<
<
Well I have been playing Fifa2005 this week and the more I play it the more I like it compared with the last pro evo.

The one touch system is very nice. Good for dealing to defenders who are ready to hospitalise you.

The right stick moves system is very good. These little intricate moves that players can do add a nice touch to the game. Only drawback compared to the previous version is that you cannot do any step over moves while you are standing still. Nor can you do from the previous version the one on one standoff option against a defender.

On semi pro the computer helps you do optimal passes to your teamates that get them going on the front foot if you haven't mastered the manual pass

Off the ball control is excellent, though complicated to learn at first.

Commanding people to move forward helps a great deal on attack.

Calling amother defender has been done where it isn't a total overkill like previous games had it.

High balls to team mates seems to have been weighed perfectly with the button.

I just wish they had utilised pushing the R3 or L3 button for stationery standover moves. This would have added the flair factor into the game as most R3 moves have you MOVING forward which narrows down your options of showing off.

Sorry GG but Fifa 2005 was too stiff for me. The rendered motion captured graphics limited the players ability to move fluidly, unlike pro evo 4 where it doesn't look so.... so....ummm... so motion captured! In Fifa there were sweet spots on the field, where if u ran at a certain angle, and shot at a certain power from a certain spot on the field you would always score a goal, regardless of the opposition. I hated that.

I checked out the Fifa 06 forums on the official site, and by the looks of what people are saying Fifa 06 is a cracker. Give that a go mate, it's out here tomorrow, shipping tonight according to gameplanet. People are sayin the gap between pro evo and fifa this year will be very, very close. We'll see. I'm gona hire it out first, i'll let u guys know what I think after a few hours playing it tomorrow. Thats if the video stores get it tomorrow. If they don't, then Ricky Pontings out tomorrow 2, which will keep me well entertained.

Originally posted by bluesfan@Sep 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Sorry GG but Fifa 2005 was too stiff for me. The rendered motion captured graphics limited the players ability to move fluidly, unlike pro evo 4 where it doesn't look so.... so....ummm... so motion captured! In Fifa there were sweet spots on the field, where if u ran at a certain angle, and shot at a certain power from a certain spot on the field you would always score a goal, regardless of the opposition. I hated that.
.......you hit the nail on the head...........all the FIFA's thus far have been too "robotic" and "scripted", hence the popularity of the PES series...........

I will however have a good look at FIFA 06 to see what improvements have been made.

You guys are too professional for a third tier soccer gamer like me so your last comments have been very insightful for me. I am beginning to see what you mean by "scripted" motion graphics. They did that overkill badly with Rugby2005 and yes it did stunt the dynamics of free movement.

Will see if Fifa2006 is any improvement with the dynamics of free movement.

Gamesmaster think that FIFA 06 is poor and gave it 69%!

ive played fifa 06 and pes 5, and pes 5 is the clear winner, fifa 06 is sluggish whereas pes 5 is solid and smooth.

I haven't played either, nor do I look likely to for a while yet....
<

My Playstation 2 is knackered, nor on £5.05 an hour can I afford to fix it.

fifa2006 is one of the worst games i have ever played. Utter shite

I have read that it's a shambles somewhere else other than Gamesmaster.

EA - all look, no gameplay.

I saw FIFA06 in harvey normans on sunday....these kids were playing

i took one look for about 10 seconds and realised, how much it reminded me of rugby 2005

i then went on and played a quick 10 over game of RPIC on XBOX

never looked at FIFA06 again and threw on a pre-order for PES5
<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts