• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evo 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Sep 16 2005, 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Sep 16 2005, 02:55 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 16 2005, 02:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 16 2005, 02:43 PM
we are locked in to play 5th ranked south american side in november to qualfy

Damn....5th ranked South American side is very good.

Is Mexico ranked as South American?

So who have you got....Theres Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Columbia, Paraguay, Chile, etc..........OMG! Well if there is one thing about you Aussies it is the fact that you know how to win when you are outclassed.
Like against Brazil. That was just silly. [/b]
Huh? Did Aus beat Brazil?

Or are you saying they were in the last world cup playoff against Brazil? I remember Brazil were ranked very very badly in one World Cup playoff and had to go through the long way. In fact, it might even have been the last one, the one they won.

Would be funny if Brazil qualified 5th. The turned up for their qualifying match against Australia with all their stars and treated it like it was a World Cup final (which they would being that desperate).

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Sep 16 2005, 03:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 16 2005, 03:07 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 16 2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 16 2005, 02:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 16 2005, 02:43 PM
we are locked in to play 5th ranked south american side in november to qualfy

Damn....5th ranked South American side is very good.

Is Mexico ranked as South American?

So who have you got....Theres Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Columbia, Paraguay, Chile, etc..........OMG! Well if there is one thing about you Aussies it is the fact that you know how to win when you are outclassed.

Like against Brazil. That was just silly.
Huh? Did Aus beat Brazil?

Or are you saying they were in the last world cup playoff against Brazil? I remember Brazil were ranked very very badly in one World Cup playoff and had to go through the long way. In fact, it might even have been the last one, the one they won.

Would be funny if Brazil qualified 5th. The turned up for their qualifying match against Australia with all their stars and treated it like it was a World Cup final (which they would being that desperate). [/b]
Yeah this was a while ago, and I'm pretty certain they didn't have a full strength side...But even so...

That must have been a national disgrace for Brazil. At least we don't lose to nobodies in rugby
<

Now to any Aussies reading this what I am not implying is that your socceroos are nobodies. What I mean is that your Wallaby team are not nobodies but are somebodies.

we've beaten the poms in soccer too - but they will downplay it as a friendly LOL

at the mo its colombia, chile and uraguay

brazil and argies already qulaified

bring on chile i reckon

we arent outclassed on paper - all of them play offshore in quality leagues - the teamwork, playing together as 1 unit, is what suffers the most

the tides turning down under in soccer........

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 16 2005, 03:36 PM
Brazil didn't need to qualify though did they?
True.

So why did they bother playing these other countries. Oh thats right, so they can get their ass whipping machine chugging along.

When did Australia beat the English at soccer? Might give this a go on Fifa2005 tonight to see whether the gap between the teams is big or not. On a PS2 game anyway.

And what is up with these "friendlies"? Funny how rugby games at international would never be called friendly.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Sep 16 2005, 03:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 16 2005, 03:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Sep 16 2005, 03:36 PM
Brazil didn't need to qualify though did they?
True.

So why did they bother playing these other countries. Oh thats right, so they can get their ass whipping machine chugging along.

When did Australia beat the English at soccer? Might give this a go on Fifa2005 tonight to see whether the gap between the teams is big or not. On a PS2 game anyway.

And what is up with these "friendlies"? Funny how rugby games at international would never be called friendly. [/b]
we beat them 3-1

http://www.wog.com.au/article_main.asp?ArticleId=360

p.s - i dont go to this site - i googled it............ironic with the gollywog thread.

Yes i am with u GG with the so called friendlies

we dont play any sports friendly

we play to play at our best, with nothing left in the tank!!

Yeah I reckon!

So did the English say they were mucking around by not running too hard and smiling and giggling a lot. Friendly my ass. When they were down on the scoreboard they were probably rewriting the book on how to hassle a referee!

Why do people all think FIFA has better graphics? I cant stand the graphics in the FIFA series. The players look crap, and the kits look even worse. It pains me that FIFA have the licences because they do such a bad job of the Tottenham Kit.

The pitch is the only nice part, and is it me or is the net made of concrete in FIFA?

pes 5 demo is out on fileplanet and proabbly other places. its says is winning eleven 9 which is the other name for pro evo. 115mb enjoy

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 16 2005, 03:22 AM
we've beaten the poms in soccer too - but they will downplay it as a friendly LOL
It WAS a friendly, it IS an excuse because Sven doesn't take them seriously. If Australia ever make it to an international tournament where we can play them we'll beat them comfortably.

Originally posted by ak47+Sep 16 2005, 01:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Sep 16 2005, 01:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Sep 16 2005, 10:58 AM
yeah i love playing franchises, i have no idea why it just gives me a sense of satisfaction pulling a crap team from the bottom and making them real good lol

though i don't know anythign about the soccer leagues as i don't follow it. to many competitions around
<
u have no idea how franchise in madden 06 is treating me

1st time ever i took over the oaklands raiders (normally i am viking), and created the might Canberra Raiders with jerserys etc, and replaced the oakland team and rosters - hey atleast my team is referred to "The raiders" now

oakland have a crap roster, so i had to re-structure the whole team especially my dee

slowly season after season, my defense is getting better now avg 88 (used to be in 70's)

the results are now turning around and some play-off births come

however in my latest season where my team would have dominated everything (just look at my team rankings v the nfl avg) - my QB whom is mid 90's stats, injured for whole season.........i finish with 50% win record, fail to make playoffs, yetstill returned a profit

i have yet to win the super bowl but made the playoff nearly every year (1 SB appearance but lost) over about 10 seasons, but now my QB is about to retire and my o-line is crash hot mid 90's stats, and my young RB is coming good at 88 stats, so now my gameplan will turn to ground attack

but injuries have killed my SB hopes every season

incase ur wondering - i simulate the season and play as coach, owner - do all the drafting and re-structuring - i love it soo much

the only thing it needs is the ESPN weekly wrap and sportcentre music.....sorry Ripper.......but i love the ESPN music, presentation and Berman.......EA radio has to go............I want sportcentre!!!!!!!!!!..........da da da.....da da da!!!

Bermans - woop woop, he could go all.........the..........................waaaaaay!!! [/b]
I prefer the Radio Show format, although on Next Gen I would probably prefer both.

I would prefer to keep the Radio Show format, relabel it ESPN Radio and have Al Michael and Berman with Mel Kiper on Draft Day.

I played the PES 5 demo and have to say I can't notice many if any differences in the core gameplay/graphics/sound. I never played 04 a hell of a lot but it seems Very similar.

According to Locks PES5 is a lot slower. Where can you get this demo from, by the way?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 19 2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Evo > Madden
If you are talking about stuff like features then you are so wrong its not funny.

Been playing the Pro Evo 5 demo solidly for a bit, and it is noticably different from the previous incarnation. It's really subtle things, and takes you a while to pinpoint what they are, but after a while you come to appreciate the small changes that have been made.

The ball seems to ping about with even greater realism than before, and control of shots is now better. Crosses are whipped in with vicious pace, and passes do not always find the player perfectly, they have to be timed well.

It now feels like you have more control over players as they jostle for the ball, with animations seemingly more responsive when a button is pressed, but with turning having been slowed down by a fraction.

Overall, it seems yet another step forward, and I'm keenly awaiting the release of what will undoubtedly be the most realistic and enjoyable football game ever.

Originally posted by Ripper+Sep 20 2005, 12:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Sep 20 2005, 12:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Sep 19 2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Evo > Madden
If you are talking about stuff like features then you are so wrong its not funny. [/b]
I'm sure he's talking about gameplay.

Unless you think a video game when the action stops before it gets to begin is 'brilliant'.

I cant wait for this to come out on PSP... It will be great fun, my life will be over tho, PRO EVO 5 on the go was just a dream now its reality.... FANTASTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts