• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evo 6 on 360... my first impressions

L

locksley

I was lucky enough to bag myself an advance copy of pro evo 6 for Xbox 360 and I have to tell you, I'm disappointed. :(

For a start, it's waaaaaaaaaay too slow. It feels like you're running on the spot when running at full speed. To make things worse, the right trigger is now CONTROL mode (Like L1 on PS2) and the Right bumper button is Sprint. I know you can change it, but it's still annoying.

There are plenty of glitches, such as players jumping through each other in the celebrations and stilted animations from throw ins etc and player likeness's leave a lot to be desired.

Things get worse...

There are:

NO Replay Saves
NO Kit editing
NO Team Editing (Including team names)
Only 1 on 1 on Xbox live.

I have to say, that as a game, the PS2 version absolutely knocks the 360 version into the ground. It's far more satisfying and fluid to play. The 360 version is very "Weak" and a pale shadow of the Pro Evo Iknow and love.

After playing Fifa 07 on 360, I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but Fifa 07 is far superior in every way to Pro Evo 6 on the 360..... including gameplay. :(

If you have a PS2 and 360, get the PS2 version of Pro Evo 6, if you only have a 360, get fifa 07. It's that simple.

Yep, a pretty **** poor effort from konami.............

...have to wait for the next version on the new generation consoles before we see anything resembling the PES we know and love.

It's too late for me, i've already ordered the game(360)

I have a PS2 but i could never go back to it after experiencing nex gen graphics on a LCD

From what i've read on some of the PES forums it seems everyone has a different opinion of the game..... Im sure i'll like it, even if i have to ditch my beloved Liverpool to play with a licenced Valencia <_< .

I have a PS2 but i could never go back to it after experiencing nex gen graphics on a LCD

[/b]

I thought that too, but there's no way I'd play the 360 version over the PS2 version. It just doesn't play anywhere near as good.

Does the 360 have any real knockout sports games?

(Besides Fight Night 3)

well ill sit on melbourne cup and tiger woods for a bit and await the general feedback for all soccer games on 360

i liked table tennis, only cause i could beat gay_guy at it, the only thing i could beat him at :)

yeah tabletennis is a phat game on 360. madden 07 is alright, not addictive but ok. haven't played anything else/

If ur drunk Tables Tennis is the most intense game of all time

Top spinrules too

But tiger Woods x360 is the one to watch for 2007

OK I HAVE VIRTUALLY BEEN IN THE UK THE PAST 2 DAYS GATHERING INFO

virtually ie WEB

i cant count on my two hands the amount of fifa is better than pro evo on x360 reviews
i need to be an octopus to count the opposite

fifa for looks - manager mode is 5 years max, so there goes my interest
pes for gameplay - history repeats

the lack of edit criteria and visual next gen ability for PES will hurt but wont sink below lesser gameplay

go to any pommy websites, with no affiliation with one of the developers and PES is killing it

alot say both.....most say pro's...but with cons..

i bought pes 6 today for the ps2, and im loving it, its alot smoother than last year, rlly rlly impressed thus far.

after reading the ign review, i am leaning pes

it may look dull but plays brill, master league is longer than 5 years too

but both ea and konami should be fined/shot/dealt with in some form for pricing these prototypes at full value

i may boycott still and grab CANIS EDIT.......its time like these i wanna bust

I think I am gonna wait around for next year. Till those versions of soccer games come out I will probably play a whole mix of random stuff.....

...and of course carry on my tour of beating people at Rugby2006.

I am really surprised at PES for 360 having no player edit.....thats weird. They don't have conclusive licenses then they decide not to give you any chance of editing it by yourself???????

Latest posts