• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

[/quote]

My loyalties just won't let me buy Fifa. Just..can't..do..it. [/quote]

What loyalties?

Stay loyal to yourself mate - get the better product
[/quote]

Too late. Got PES 08 last week. It's just 2006 with diving. ahh the diving!

Konami stepped up thier game hectic for PES 2008 IMO. The menu is great compared to the previous ones, the graphics are just plain brilliant, and gameplay is fluent and realistic once again. Oh and the commentary is the best i've heard for any football game hands down. Me and a mate are addicted to this game, what's wrong besides the EPL badges and names?

You know, ebay is really ******* me off. I keep being on to win a copy of either this or Fifa 08 for £15 then getting gazumped at the last minute.

As Xmas has rendered me so broke I can't really afford any more then that, I can't join in on these online roundball shenanigans.

This game has lost out on the Australian market

Konami need to have a good look at themselves, for the next one

Whilst offline, it shines like the ole days

Online is lagged out like a grandma on K

Then they release a patch â€" it doesn’t do crap for Australians…..its still lagged out

With Fifa bringing A-League and lag free online play, konami will become second fiddle in a nation where FOOTBALL (or soccer), is in its most progressive stages in its entirety

Makes no sense whatsoever â€" the move in 2006 from Konami â€" to secure Aloisi as cover boy and pay royalties for the FFA liscense, when they wont follow such an angle up for 2008

Fifa has FFA liscense also now, AND included A-League, which in Australia, dare I say it, used to have plenty of PES fans, but the disgust has reached a pinnacle, especially when we were looking forward to a patch that worked from Konami and it doesn’t….not for Australians

EA surprised us with 5 v 5 (was initially not coming to Australia)……when that happened it a 2 fold swipe of a machete, straight down at Konami’s curtain.

Whilst EA butter us up yearly with improvements, Konami take away a piece of pie.

P.S I know the aussie market is small...but its still sizeable not to be neglected like konami have

I get lag quite a bit on FIFA. Not too bad, but bloody annoying when you're trying to defend and the guy you're up against is a seasoned vet and the screens chopping all over the place. Been playing challenge and manager mode a lot lately.

i get minimal lag on fifa..none whatsoever if its local, and very minimal when versing usa or uk

although i am on a high speed mothafarker fandangled plan

I might try the demo of pes 2008 but without the A-league it is going to be hard to top fifa 08 especially here in australia and even nz since the phoenix are part of the A-league. I agree with ak's thoughts that konami dropped the ball this time especially down under.

Goooooooooooooot it.

Now I've just got to wait 3 hours before I get home to have a go/get cained by Dan on it.

<div class='quotemain'>
Or perhaps a demo from XBOX Live? ;)
[/b]
Please don't insult the man like that. Like he would actually waste his money on an XBOX. Harsh :p
[/b][/quote]
XBOX shits all over other consoles, it's the reason the walls of Jericho fell down in the Bible...

Latest posts