Scarlets.png

Sunday 24th February
Benetton.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Munster.png

Zebre.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Newport.png

Ospreys starting four scrumhalves against Edinburgh.
Webb as the scrum half (worst of the lot).
Kahn and Habberfield on the wing, Isaacs midfield.

Ospreys starting four scrumhalves against Edinburgh.
Webb as the scrum half (worst of the lot).
Kahn and Habberfield on the wing, Isaacs midfield.

Did not know that, odd selection, are they really that short on wingers? Still find it odd that Isaacs moved the centre, I seem to remember he used to be a tidy scrum half at the Dragons.

Oh god fastest try of the season? second time mincer has been charged down that was catastrophic!

Since I've turned on, Fotuali'i has been having a stormer on the wing, brilliant pass to put Isaacs in space, nailed the no.8 and won a turn over, chipped over the top and won a penalty in the next ruck. Webb not so much, knocked on attempting to quick tap, was a bit awkward...

Some fairly naff tacklingfrom Ospreys mean Edinburgh get within 7 by half time whereas they should be almost dead and buried

Beck is back.
Ospreys should be further ahead. A few missed kicks and tackles.

Morgan indecision and tackling is showing why he's not being mentioned regularly for Wales. Fussell lack of vision not helping either.

Baldwin showing up pretty well.
Developing nicely, possibility for Japan?

Red card, awful tackle by de Luca.
Edinburgh should have had half a dozen cards by now.

De Luca sent off for a dangerous tackle. Rightly so in my eyes

Morgan indecision and tackling is showing why he's not being mentioned regularly for Wales. Fussell lack of vision not helping either.

Yeh, Morgan really not developing as hoped. He delays the pass nicely, but some of his basic skills are lacking. Some of his passing is terrible, such as that pass into touch after getting on the outside of two forwards. Not the first time I've seen him do that. We don't see many clean breaks from him either, and considering how electrifying he was, that's disappointing.

Ospreys may rue not getting a bonus point in this game. It was there for the taking, but they just came up short.

Also, that's what a reckless tackle looks like! Deserved red.

What lack of vision?

This guy is the most underrated back three player in Wales. And had a good game again today, it was his break that led to the phase of play leading up to the third try. Gave a nice offload earlier to set the winger in space as well.

More vision than a fair few members of the Wales squad. Makes a fair few clean breaks most matches these days, and his error count (high in the early days of Fussell the Full Back) has gone down significantly. Still makes some mistakes, but offers lots in attack.

Baldwin showing up pretty well.
Developing nicely, possibility for Japan?

Baldwin had a nightmare last week at Connacht. I wouldn't have him in the selection frame, unless there is a real lack of options. Ken Owens will be starting hooker in Japan, don't know who will be second choice though with Matthew Rees not having the best season though.

Yeh, Morgan really not developing as hoped. He delays the pass nicely, but some of his basic skills are lacking. Some of his passing is terrible, such as that pass into touch after getting on the outside of two forwards. Not the first time I've seen him do that. We don't see many clean breaks from him either, and considering how electrifying he was, that's disappointing.

Clearly missed the game from just a couple of weeks ago then ...

Last edited by a moderator:
What lack of vision?

This guy is the most underrated back three player in Wales. And had a good game again today, it was his break that led to the phase of play leading up to the third try. Gave a nice offload earlier to set the winger in space as well.

More vision than a fair few members of the Wales squad. Makes a fair few clean breaks most matches these days, and his error count (high in the early days of Fussell the Full Back) has gone down significantly. Still makes some mistakes, but offers lots in attack.

Duck get off it. He ran away from defenders, he could have easily on more than one occasion have passed the ball out with men outside for the overlap. The guy runs away from his support. It's not this game, its pretty much every game I have watched him play.

You can show me any type of .gifs you like to prove your point. Fact is he is one dimensional and tonight he may have caught the ball well and tackled reasonably. But his attacking play is poor, he does one or two nice things but what about the half of dozen stuff that he doesn't do?

Last edited:
Duck get off it. He ran away from defenders, he could have easily on more than one occasion have passed the ball out with men outside for the overlap. The guy runs away from his support.

You can show me any type of .gifs you like to prove your point. Fact is he is one dimensional and tonight he may have caught the ball well and tackled reasonably. But his attacking play is poor, he does one or two nice things but what about the half of dozen stuff that he doesn't do?

Fussell creates more breaks and excitement than either as Lee "stand back and boot it" Byrne or Liam "wannabe wrestler" Williams.

He makes more breaks/try assists/metres than most of the back three players in Wales. Your entitled to your opinion that his attacking play is poor, but in my opinion I find that odd as that is his strength and he makes many breaks and try assists, Liam Williams has made about 1 clean break since the first week of the season. It's his defence which is the area those other two full backs have over him.

He doesn't run away from support either often, his partnership with Eli Walker when fit had been one of the best things of the season to see them work together.

Fussell creates more breaks and excitement than either as Lee "stand back and boot it" Byrne or Liam "wannabe wrestler" Williams.

He makes more breaks/try assists/metres than most of the back three players in Wales. Your entitled to your opinion that his attacking play is poor, but in my opinion I find that odd as that is his strength and he makes many breaks and try assists, Liam Williams has made about 1 clean break since the first week of the season. It's his defence which is the area those other two full backs have over him.

He doesn't run away from support either often, his partnership with Eli Walker when fit had been one of the best things of the season to see them work together.

Rubbish, he does it regularly. Tonight he cost Ospreys potential tries in doing so. Tom Shanklin pointed it out in the com box.

Also what has Liam Williams and Lee Byrne got to do with it?

Rubbish, he does it regularly. Tonight he cost Ospreys potential tries in doing so. Tom Shanklin pointed it out in the com box.

Also what has Liam Williams and Lee Byrne got to do with it?

No he doesn't. I have seen nearly every Ospreys match this season, and it certainly isn't an issue. He still had a decent match anyway, I would rather a player make a break but not get away the final pass but keep the ball than a player not make the break at all anyway.

He has given plenty of well timed passes this season anyway. His try assist count must be one of the highest of Welsh players this season.

His good form started late last season and he's continued it this season. Plays like this (http://youtu.be/2OhNnc1kbVc?t=2m#0) have been seen a few times last few months. Not running away from support. Giving well timed passes to set up tries.

No he doesn't. I have seen nearly every Ospreys match this season, and it certainly isn't an issue. He still had a decent match anyway, I would rather a player make a break but not get away the final pass but keep the ball than a player not make the break at all anyway.

He has given plenty of well timed passes this season anyway. His try assist count must be one of the highest of Welsh players this season.

His good form started late last season and he's continued it this season. Plays like this (http://youtu.be/2OhNnc1kbVc?t=2m#0) have been seen a few times last few months. Not running away from support. Giving well timed passes to set up tries.

Again you are selecting clips, congrats. YouTube clips can be very misleading. I don't need to see any further clips of what he can do, it's what he can't do what concerns me.

It doesn't matter how many times you have seen him, your an Ospreys fan so of course you are going to defend him, wouldn't expect anymore. But really ... from a coaching perspective he does it quite a bit, he does select the wrong options which will always hold him back from international honours. He did it tonight and probably cost Ospreys a bonus point.

Latest posts