• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro14 20-21 Grand Final

Could see this going Munster's way. With weakened teams you'd take their half backs and centres 10/10 times and their pack should front up. Absolutely don't want it to happen though regardless of the feel good stories surrounding them right now!

Very disappointing for the league there won't be full teams. I think Munster should target this and rest players for Europe. I dont expect they will for financial reasons but there a trophy there to be won and don't think they can win Europe. When was the last time they won one? Fantastic opportunity to be rewarded for progress made over last few years. Plus a great opportunity to beat leinster in play off game. Always enjoy Munster v leinster games doh so looking forward to it!

Very disappointing for the league there won't be full teams. I think Munster should target this and rest players for Europe. I dont expect they will for financial reasons but there a trophy there to be won and don't think they can win Europe. When was the last time they won one? Fantastic opportunity to be rewarded for progress made over last few years. Plus a great opportunity to beat leinster in play off game. Always enjoy Munster v leinster games doh so looking forward to it!
Oh we going for both make no mistake. And even if it just a game of head scratching we going for it against them.
Yes it will be weakened teams but expect full blooded battles

Oh we going for both make no mistake. And even if it just a game of head scratching we going for it against them.
I expect nothing less! That's why I love these games. Sometimes they can be disjointed but that's because they are played at such a high intensity which I thoroughly enjoy!

Think the game should be on in a neutral venue. If it were up to be me it would be in ravenhill.

The ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

Leinster C vs Munster B

Head Coach Leo Cullen has issued a squad injury update ahead of Saturday's Guinness PRO14 Final against Munster (RDS Arena, KO 5pm).

There was positive news on Luke McGrath who has passed the Graduated Return to Play Protocols and is due to train this week.

Seán Cronin came through the game against Ospreys with no issues after his return from a back injury.

Vakh Abdaladze will also look to increase his involvement in team training this week as he continues to recover from a back injury.

Garry Ringrose, James Ryan, Will Connors and Rowan Osborne will all be unavailable this week.

Ringrose picked up an ankle injury while away with Ireland and will be unavailable for a number of weeks.

Connors suffered a knee injury while training with Ireland and will be unavailable for up to eight weeks.

Ryan is continuing to follow the Graduated Return to Play Protocols and will be unavailable for selection.

Osborne picked up a fracture to his hand and will undergo surgery this week.

No new injury update – Unavailable for selection:

Cian Kelleher (hamstring), Jimmy O'Brien (hamstring), Tommy O'Brien (ankle), Adam Byrne (quad), Caelan Doris (concussion), Dan Leavy (knee), Conor O'Brien (knee) and Max Deegan (knee).

W

will We both be very weakened muff? Or just those who have played huge 6 nations minutes

The ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

Leinster C vs Munster B

Head Coach Leo Cullen has issued a squad injury update ahead of Saturday's Guinness PRO14 Final against Munster (RDS Arena, KO 5pm).

There was positive news on Luke McGrath who has passed the Graduated Return to Play Protocols and is due to train this week.

Seán Cronin came through the game against Ospreys with no issues after his return from a back injury.

Vakh Abdaladze will also look to increase his involvement in team training this week as he continues to recover from a back injury.

Garry Ringrose, James Ryan, Will Connors and Rowan Osborne will all be unavailable this week.

Ringrose picked up an ankle injury while away with Ireland and will be unavailable for a number of weeks.

Connors suffered a knee injury while training with Ireland and will be unavailable for up to eight weeks.

Ryan is continuing to follow the Graduated Return to Play Protocols and will be unavailable for selection.

Osborne picked up a fracture to his hand and will undergo surgery this week.

No new injury update – Unavailable for selection:

Cian Kelleher (hamstring), Jimmy O'Brien (hamstring), Tommy O'Brien (ankle), Adam Byrne (quad), Caelan Doris (concussion), Dan Leavy (knee), Conor O'Brien (knee) and Max Deegan (knee).
Judging off that you'd expect to see something like

1. Dooley
2. Tracy/Kelleher
3. Bent/Porter
4. Baird
5. Toner/Fardy
6. Ruddock
7. Penny/Van der Flier
8. Conan
9. McGrath
10. Ross/Harry
11. Lowe
12. Frawley
13. Henshaw
14. Dave
15. Larmour
16. Insert as appropriate
17. Healy
18. See above
19. ''
20.''
21. JGP
22. ''
23. O'Loughlin

Interesting call in the back three with four guys who deserve to start. Keenan will probably get a break this week after playing all of Ireland's games but it's going to be a tough call next week. Midfield is interesting, if Henshaw plays is one thing and if he does who of Frawley/ROL gets the nod.

Anyway team is basically impossible to predict since there's no way of knowing what kind of rest protocols are being used, and it all depends on who's likely to be doing what against Toulon.

Judging off that you'd expect to see something like

1. Dooley
2. Tracy/Kelleher
3. Bent/Porter
4. Baird
5. Toner/Fardy
6. Ruddock
7. Penny/Van der Flier
8. Conan
9. McGrath
10. Ross/Harry
11. Lowe
12. Frawley
13. Henshaw
14. Dave
15. Larmour
16. Insert as appropriate
17. Healy
18. See above
19. ''
20.''
21. JGP
22. ''
23. O'Loughlin

Interesting call in the back three with four guys who deserve to start. Keenan will probably get a break this week after playing all of Ireland's games but it's going to be a tough call next week. Midfield is interesting, if Henshaw plays is one thing and if he does who of Frawley/ROL gets the nod.

Anyway team is basically impossible to predict since there's no way of knowing what kind of rest protocols are being used, and it all depends on who's likely to be doing what against Toulon.
Where tf are you finding 3 extra Healys and a JGP?!

Even with a few of the guys missing who may have played massive 6nation minutes I still expect two pretty strong teams.
leinster have routinely squeezed us in the last year or so by scoring during their Periods of pressure while Munster have repeatedly missed kicks at goal when scoreboard pressure needed to be applied. Will need big games from Coombes Pom and whatever other back rower plays.
We need guys like cronin scannell and archer to avoid brain dead penalties.

No shortage of motivation for the likes of Lowe Farrell daly and Pom

Will Conan and Henshaw be let play? I'd been assuming not!

Conan might be I'd say due to only one start and having less time in the clock due to injury.

Not a hope in hell Henshaw plays.

I'm sure Ed Byrne will play.

Will Conan and Henshaw be let play? I'd been assuming not!
Conan should be fine, just the one start with Ireland.

Henshaw I'm just being optimistic.

I doubt the IRFU will be nearly as involved in selection as a lot of people seem to think. There's f all happening after this and the European games unless the joke shop that is the rainbow cup actually happens. Leinster especially will probably self regulate a decent bit though, if last year's Pro14 final is anything to go by.

Last edited:
I'd expect a Munster team of
15. Haley
14. Conway
13. Farrell
12. De Allende
11. Daly
10. Hanrahan/ Carbery
9. Casey
8. Coombes
7. O'Donoghue
6. Stander
5. Holland
4. Kleyn
3. Archer
2. Scannell
1. Cronin

16. O'Byrne
17. Loughman (think young Wych is still crocked)
18. Ryan
19. Ahern? if Wycherley eile is also still hurt
20. O'Sullivan (is there an argument CJ really doesn't need managed gametime with two games left in his Munster career?_
21. McCarthy
22. Carbery/ Hanrahan
23. Gallagher

Team is a lot easier to predict than Leinster's I'd imagine because we don't have many fresh injuries and can be pretty assured of what internationals we will and won't have. I have Carbery and Hanrahan in as changeable because I dunno how much Carbery still needs managing from a fitness POV. Healy could jump either guy, but I doubt it. Could see O'Donoghue dropping to the bench for Cloete because the man is cursed with being able to play across the back row and Cloete has been good. 2 jersey could go to any one of O'Byrne, Scannell and Marshall. Head tells me Scannell will play and O'Byrne's dynamism gets him the 16 spot. May also be a 6:2 bench split, but we will see.

Fully accept this would be a fairly jokey way to win silverware, but we've been good all season long and put ourselves in position for a final from minute 1 of the tournament. Really hope we get a result for the likes of Holland and Stander as Europe looks disgastin.

W

will We both be very weakened muff? Or just those who have played huge 6 nations minutes
Not sure how weakened we will be.
I expect CJ will play because of last game. Tadgh Beirne is being mentioned maybe as bench and Earls may not play. Killer is in tomorrow for HIA assessment so he may be ruled out.
POM will play and Murray too. So I can see us going strong.

Tomorrow/Wednesday here will reveal alot in camp

Not sure how weakened we will be.
I expect CJ will play because of last game. Tadgh Beirne is being mentioned maybe as bench and Earls may not play. Killer is in tomorrow for HIA assessment so he may be ruled out.
POM will play and Murray too. So I can see us going strong.

Tomorrow/Wednesday here will reveal alot in camp
Sound

excited now

Latest posts