• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 updated roster

I tried putting the roster on my ps2 but on the load up screen it says the file is corrupted. can someone help this?

Hey guys, here is an updated PS2 roster for Rugby 08. I used Ross Munro's updated roster as a base - as it was the most current roster. Please note, it is not yet possible to modify player faces on the PS2 version, so I tried to find default faces that look similar.

http://files.filefront.com/BESLES+54810+RR...;/fileinfo.html

To install, you MUST have the following;
1.) A way to play backup CD's on your PS2 (i.e; a modchip, Swapmagic CD..etc)
2.) A free PS2 memory card application called "Ulaunchelf" (Google it and download the latest .iso version). You will need to burn it to a CD using alcohol 120% or similar burning program.
3.) A USB device
4.) A PS2 memory card with free space

Instructions:

i.) Download the updated PS2 roster and extract the contents to the root of your USB device. (The folder BESLES-54810-RRst_0 should be in the root of the drive and inside the folder it should contain three files -

BESLES-54810-RRst_0,
icon.sys
and Rugby.ico)

ii.) Download and burn Ulaunchelf onto a blank CD.
iii.) Load the Ulaunchelf CD on your PS2 (Using either a modchip or swapmagic).
iv.) Plug your USB device into USB slot 1 in your PS2 and a PS2 memory card into memory card slot 1.
iv.) At the menu screen - press "O", to access the Filebrowser.
v.) Select Mass:/ from the menu and press "O" to access your USB device.
vi.) The contents of your USB device should now be showing in the menu.
Select BESLES - 54810 - RRst_0 and press "X" to highlight the file. Press "R1", to bring up the options menu, followed by "O" to copy the folder and its contents.
vii.) Go back to the devices (Path) menu (by pressing "Triangle") and select mc0. Press "O" to access memory card 1.
viii.) Press "R1" again to access the options menu and select paste. Press "O" to paste the contents from the USB device to the memory card in slot 1. Wait a few seconds and if all works out well, you will end up with a folder named BESLES- 54810-RRst_0/ saved in the root of memory card 1.
ix.) Turn off your PS2 and load Rugby 08.
x.) The updated roster should now load and you can now save it to your memory card.

Apologies for the triple post. Bad habit of pressing enter at the end of a paragraph.

Faatau MOD says: Repeat posts deleted.

Hey man, good job on the updating the roster. Is your method easier/faster than the fore mentioned method? (using action replay and ps2 save builder, thats the way i used)

I think its actually harder doing things this way. I don't have a max drive, so I used this method. I tried the other method, but kept getting an error message, saying the data was corrupted.

Hi everybody!
I have a question: can I use a pc usb device or i have to use a ps2 one?
thanx a lot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frankmiller @ Dec 11 2008, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi everybody!
thanx a lot.[/b]

Hi Frank,
I just used a pc compatible USB camera to transfer the files to my PS2. I tried to use the same device with Action replay max, but it wouldn't detect the device - and I don't own a PS2 max drive, so I had to use the ulaunchelf
method.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (B-rad @ Dec 10 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frankmiller @ Dec 11 2008, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody!
thanx a lot.[/b]

Hi Frank,
I just used a pc compatible USB camera to transfer the files to my PS2. I tried to use the same device with Action replay max, but it wouldn't detect the device - and I don't own a PS2 max drive, so I had to use the ulaunchelf
method.
[/b][/quote]

Thank you very much B-rad.I will try it soon.Can you tell us more information about the patch,like what's upedated?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frankmiller @ Dec 11 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (B-rad @ Dec 10 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frankmiller @ Dec 11 2008, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody!
thanx a lot.[/b]

Hi Frank,
method.
[/b][/quote]

Thank you very much B-rad.I will try it soon.Can you tell us more information about the patch,like what's upedated?
[/b][/quote]

At this stage, it updates all the teams to their current rosters. It is jsut a roster update with updated players and stats

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Riaan @ Dec 12 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (B-rad @ Dec 11 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://files.filefront.com/BESLES+54810+RR...;/fileinfo.html

Here is the new link to the updated PS2 roster file. Slight changes have been made. The old link has been deleted.[/b]

Thnk you B-rad worked like a charm....Cant believe LUKE WATSON is a star player its obviously a joke
[/b][/quote]

Actually it was I that gave him a star :rolleyes: ,not to worry, I will remove the star and give him a 65 overall rating in my next release :p (may even remove him completely from the roster :D )

Actually it was I that gave him a star :rolleyes: ,not to worry, I will remove the star and give him a 65 overall rating in my next release :p (may even remove him completely from the roster :D )
[/quote]

LOL, i was so shocked ,You are doing a superb job ,realy its making the game enjoyable again ,thanx for all the effort!!!!!

hello,
sorry for my english langage because i'm french!!!
I want to update PS3 roster file of rugby 08. how do I do and is it possible ?
I have another question about kits. Is it possible to update kits on PS3 game ?
And do you now this web site and roster : http://rugby08.free.fr/
thank you for your answer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adam31 @ Dec 31 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can this be converted to a NTSC save?[/b]

I guess you could try uploading the NTSC version onto filefront and I'll have a go at it, since you can't use PS2savebuilder to change a save from PAL to NTSC.

All that needs to be done is to extract the .dat file using PS2 Save Builder - rename it to .ros and it can be edited using woosah's editor.

Use action replay max or uLaunchelf to copy your Rugby08 roster save from your memory card onto a USB device.

Can anyone of you rugby 08 PC modders help me authenticate my roster so i can use it on my ps2 game? just load it make a change to a team then save it, then upload it for me? i will email it to anyone willing to help out. Will + rep.

Cheers

p.s its not the most updated roster but i have it just the way i like it :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Aug 7 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can anyone of you rugby 08 PC modders help me authenticate my roster so i can use it on my ps2 game? just load it make a change to a team then save it, then upload it for me? i will email it to anyone willing to help out. Will + rep.

Cheers

p.s its not the most updated roster but i have it just the way i like it :)[/b]

I will be glad to help, just PM me exactly what you want done.

Latest posts