• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS4 Announced

Looks like we're both in luck man. A dispossessed Nigerian prince named Adubu has just e-mailed me, and if I give him 400 quid he's going to return my investment 1000% along with a wing of his palace.
Seriously though that's a good game to get. Best one since AC2 in my opinion. Real world stuff is shockingly bad, but its temporary and still a great game.

Looks like we're both in luck man. A dispossessed Nigerian prince named Adubu has just e-mailed me, and if I give him 400 quid he's going to return my investment 1000% along with a wing of his palace.
Seriously though that's a good game to get. Best one since AC2 in my opinion. Real world stuff is shockingly bad, but its temporary and still a great game.

Haha, Those Nigerians are the WORST!

anyway... My package has been delivered, and in good order. :D

Haha, same.

Apparently a large part of it (having not read the article above, so might just be saying what they say :p) is for Playstation VR.
Original PS4s will run it but it's intensive so there's the possibility of overheating and framerate drops.

Definitely not gonna have the funds to buy either a 4K TV or a VR set, so definitely not sure on the point of buying one! Happy enough with the PS4 I have now !

Looks like that Sony's plan is to run a parallel PS4 and PS4 (internal name Neo) which can run games at a higher frame rate and upscale to 4K resolution, rather than run at 4K resolution. The Neo version will be the premium console and the current PS4 as the base version, but no games will be Neo exclusive. I am one of those who adopted a wait and see approach as I still had my PS3 and the only game I was really waiting for is UC4; also just didn't see a big enough jump from PS3 to PS4 to justify the upgrade. I am looking to move into a new place in October, so it could be an ideal time to look for a deal on a 4K TV and maybe this new Neo PS4.

Last edited:
Looks like that Sony's plan is to run a parallel PS4 and PS4 (internal name Neo) which can run games at a higher frame rate and upscale to 4K resolution, rather than run at 4K resolution. The Neo version will be the premium console and the current PS4 as the base version, but no games will be Neo exclusive. I am one of those who adopted a wait and see approach as I still had my PS3 and the only game I was really waiting for is UC4; also just didn't see a big enough jump from PS3 to PS4 to justify the upgrade. I am looking to move into a new place in October, so it could be an ideal time to look for a deal on a 4K TV and maybe this new Neo PS4.

So Sony have done an Apple and called it PS4 Pro. Coming out in November. Not sure about the three tier look though. Costing from £349.

Good news as far as I could gather from the live stream is all PS4s will get HDR support via a firmware update. Just need to get a HDR enabled TV.:). Some great games coming out soon.

Last edited:
So doing the math: $399 = â'¬300.50. Add 20% sales tax or VAT and it adds up to â'¬360.60, leaving â'¬38.40 for the extra year warranty. Doesn't look far off in the end.

Latest posts