• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick question about stadiums and teams

Butterytingz

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
I know this game is going to be on the world cup of rugby but does that mean the only stadiums will be the ones used in the RWC? like im from toronto and was wondering if i could play as canada at BMO Field or something??? and with only 20 teams (IM NOT COMPLAINING :p) does that mean every player will be detailed not just the superstars on the all blacks, springboks, wallabies, etc. and have real info about weight and height. sorry im just really canadian and want the canucks to be legit

Butterytingz,

I wouldn't think that a football (soccer) stadium such as BMO Field would have much meaning for me in the game. The players have more meaning for me and if they capture the player sizes and skills in the game along with their appearance, then I will be a happy Rugby Canada supporter and gamer.

I think it is about time Canada build itself a dedicated rugby pitch for our National team to play international tests in! Likely the only logical location will be on the west coast as the climate is much more temperate there than anywhere else... Off the topic and rambling.

I think if we were to play the Canadian team against some of the top teams in the world, the likelihood of winning low as in real life, at least that is what I hope to see. Realism. We can always go up against the Uruguays' of the world and have a challenging game to play. I just hope that just because you choose to play Canada as a team that the gameplay doesn't suck.

I can't wait for the game, hope it comes out sooner than August... 'cause I am not going to have much of a chance to play it before I leave for NZ. Cheers.

Butterytingz,

I wouldn't think that a football (soccer) stadium such as BMO Field would have much meaning for me in the game. The players have more meaning for me and if they capture the player sizes and skills in the game along with their appearance, then I will be a happy Rugby Canada supporter and gamer.

I think it is about time Canada build itself a dedicated rugby pitch for our National team to play international tests in!

I agree that the players and gameplay is much more important than stadiums and Im not sure if you know this already but canada is playing usa at bmo in august...

anyways I think it will be stupid if the all blacks are impossible to beat with canada in this game because this is a video game, not a virtual match simulator, its like saying "i dont think a girl should be able to beat a guy in street fighter" im not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful to you at all im just voicing my opinion

Sorry dude, beating NZ with Canada should be a very difficult task in this game as it is a "simulation" game It used to frustrate me when playing Rugby 06 and winning the World Cup with Japan without conceding a point all tournament... granted it shouldn't be too hard to do when playing on the easier settings but when your playing in the hardest difficulty it should be amazing to beat any of the TRI/SIX Nations teams with teas like Canada, USA or Uruguay...

note: i'm not just saying that because I'm a Kiwi and my team will probably have the highest rating in the game, i just want realism... When Playing Fifa World Cup 2010 i love playing with NZ and taking them through to the final and winning!!! But it's no easy task on the harder settings which make sit all the more satisfying.

I agree that the players and gameplay is much more important than stadiums and Im not sure if you know this already but canada is playing usa at bmo in august...

anyways I think it will be stupid if the all blacks are impossible to beat with canada in this game because this is a video game, not a virtual match simulator, its like saying "i dont think a girl should be able to beat a guy in street fighter" im not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful to you at all im just voicing my opinion

Actually, it is a simulator. NOT an arcade game (like street fighter).
My personal opinion is that there should be a points system online to decide who is on top in the leaderboard. So instead of simply having a win/loss ratio you would have a points tally.
Each team would have a points value (so say, NZ 94, Canada 71 etc)
-If you choose NZ and play against Canada, you would gain very few points for winning
-If you choose Canada and play against NZ, you would gain a shitload of points for winning
-If you choose NZ and lose to Canada, you lose a shitload of points
-vice versa..

The amount of points an opponent has accumulated should also come into the equation (So if you beat the guy who has never lost in 20 encounters with Canada against NZ, you're rolling in points. If you beat a guy on his first game with NZ then thats less impressive)

This way it allows for the stats of the teams to reflect real life (All Blacks rated better than every team put together because im one eyed and what have you) but it also encourages players to not pick NZ every time.

Hopefully there would be a fairly even spread of teams represented as the skilled players would choose the lesser teams in an attempt to climb the leaderboard, and the n00b players would choose the top teir teams to get some wins on the board and get used to the game. In theory that should even the playing field out so every player online is a challenge.

Also, i hope that there are only a very few stadiums in the game. Theres a pleasant moment when you see a stadium you recognise and think "thats quaint.." but then i immediatly cease to care for the next few years of owning the game. I care about the action, not how many seats are in the 2 dimentional grandstand in the distance. It just seems like a fair bit of time and effort that would be more wisely spent on other aspects of the game.

ranger,

I think you summed it up perfectly. Make the harder to play teams more valued to a seasoned gamer. It all makes sense to me, hopefully it rings in the ears of the developers in Canada too!

ranger i think your ideas and thoughts are great, I absolutely agree with everything you say

Yeah, that sounds good... One thing i'd like to add to that would be: Romania 7 - New Zealand - 10... If i was playing as Romania and managed to get a bonus point loss (less than 7 pts) then that should be worth a fair chunk of points and the person who selected NZ should probably lose some.

Just a thought...

I wouldn't think that a football (soccer) stadium such as BMO Field would have much meaning for me in the game.

Just as an aside, Canada and the US are playing a World Cup warm up match at BMO on the 6th of August, BMO isn't 'just' a soccer field.

However, if you want something strictly rugby, the maybe they should have Fletcher's Field in Markham :p