Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

To be honest I've liked all the French I've met, the real story that I would have told had it not been for the state I was in writing that was that when I was in France this summer I had no idea how to say I don't mind or I don't care so I asked the lad I was staying with's cousin and he told me to say Je m'en fous. So I started to use this and everything was fine until I was eating dinner with the family I was staying with plus two his mother's sister's families. I can't for the life of me remember what I was asked but I replied innocently with Je m'en fous, the youngest at the table gasped while the rest of the table ****** themselves laughing! It was explained to me by my exchange's brother after he had noticed I'd gone about as red as a Munster jersey that I'd basically just said 'I don't give a ****' and I should stick with 'Ce m'est egal' in future!

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulon

yeh "Je m'en fous" is very rude, it's not as harsh as "I don't give a foock" but yeh that's terrible what you did, you should have been doing chores in their garden for that.
and that's "Ca m'est égal", with a 'ç' if it's not capital :p

But congrats on learning the good stuff...

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Stormers

oh, that would be "et ?"

That I did know- not that I would say I know any French.. though I found to my surprise I could get the core info of much of the article PD provided a link for even if the 'flavor' was lost on me. I suppose I can thank my knowledge of English which is basically a bastardised French in any case and I speak a (mostly) 'Germanic' language so I can almost 'subtract' the Germanic from English and be left with.. 'a framework of what English inherited from romance languages'.

But no, I meant Feic's deadline (and I suppose yoe knew this, you sly person) has been reached unless it's till day end? 12h00? GMT? I am just curious about what sort of prize one could provide in this context.

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulon

That I did know- not that I would say I know any French.. though I found to my surprise I could get the core info of much of the article PD provided a link for even if the 'flavor' was lost on me. I suppose I can thank my knowledge of English which is basically a bastardised French in any case and I speak a (mostly) 'Germanic' language so I can almost 'subtract' the Germanic from English and be left with.. 'a framework of what English inherited from romance languages'.

But no, I meant Feic's deadline (and I suppose yoe knew this, you sly person) has been reached unless it's till day end? 12h00? GMT? I am just curious about what sort of prize one could provide in this context.

:lol: hey, not a Frenchman who said that !!! :p

oh stormer, you're so rude man ! There, here's a minus 1 for you pal ! oh, just makes me mad as hell to read things like that !!