• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

R, r, repmania 2013!!!!

To be honest I've liked all the French I've met, the real story that I would have told had it not been for the state I was in writing that was that when I was in France this summer I had no idea how to say I don't mind or I don't care so I asked the lad I was staying with's cousin and he told me to say Je m'en fous. So I started to use this and everything was fine until I was eating dinner with the family I was staying with plus two his mother's sister's families. I can't for the life of me remember what I was asked but I replied innocently with Je m'en fous, the youngest at the table gasped while the rest of the table ****** themselves laughing! It was explained to me by my exchange's brother after he had noticed I'd gone about as red as a Munster jersey that I'd basically just said 'I don't give a ****' and I should stick with 'Ce m'est egal' in future!

yeh "Je m'en fous" is very rude, it's not as harsh as "I don't give a foock" but yeh that's terrible what you did, you should have been doing chores in their garden for that.
and that's "Ca m'est égal", with a 'ç' if it's not capital :p

But congrats on learning the good stuff...

oh, that would be "et ?"

That I did know- not that I would say I know any French.. though I found to my surprise I could get the core info of much of the article PD provided a link for even if the 'flavor' was lost on me. I suppose I can thank my knowledge of English which is basically a bastardised French in any case and I speak a (mostly) 'Germanic' language so I can almost 'subtract' the Germanic from English and be left with.. 'a framework of what English inherited from romance languages'.

But no, I meant Feic's deadline (and I suppose yoe knew this, you sly person) has been reached unless it's till day end? 12h00? GMT? I am just curious about what sort of prize one could provide in this context.

That I did know- not that I would say I know any French.. though I found to my surprise I could get the core info of much of the article PD provided a link for even if the 'flavor' was lost on me. I suppose I can thank my knowledge of English which is basically a bastardised French in any case and I speak a (mostly) 'Germanic' language so I can almost 'subtract' the Germanic from English and be left with.. 'a framework of what English inherited from romance languages'.

But no, I meant Feic's deadline (and I suppose yoe knew this, you sly person) has been reached unless it's till day end? 12h00? GMT? I am just curious about what sort of prize one could provide in this context.

:lol: hey, not a Frenchman who said that !!! :p

oh stormer, you're so rude man ! There, here's a minus 1 for you pal ! oh, just makes me mad as hell to read things like that !!

Latest posts