• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

R2006 on Gamer TV last night

D

disco123

Rugby 2006 was previewed on Gamer TV ( Bravo in UK ) last night. They did a 2 minute piece with some in game footage. What struck me was how similar it looked to R2005 with the same animations etc etc , but I believe the boys who have played it said the same thing. The footage contained England vs Ireland @ Twickers with Jonny Wikinson at 10 for England ! I liked the look of the tap penalties and quick throw ins , even though Cueto took a quick throw to Steve Thompson in his 22 and he booted it into touch ! Offloads were in too but I managed to miss that bit .

The squad management aspect and World League looked improved and they said they'd be reviewing it next month.

The Gamer TV shows get repated millions of times a week if you live in the UK and have SKY .....

Gamer TV is on here in NZ on saturdays at about 3.30pm. Ill make sure im home to see if its on there!!hpefully
<

Originally posted by disco123@Jan 26 2006, 10:49 PM
Rugby 2006 was previewed on Gamer TV ( Bravo in UK ) last night. They did a 2 minute piece with some in game footage. What struck me was how similar it looked to R2005 with the same animations etc etc , but I believe the boys who have played it said the same thing. The footage contained England vs Ireland @ Twickers with Jonny Wikinson at 10 for England ! I liked the look of the tap penalties and quick throw ins , even though Cueto took a quick throw to Steve Thompson in his 22 and he booted it into touch ! Offloads were in too but I managed to miss that bit .

The squad management aspect and World League looked improved and they said they'd be reviewing it next month.

The Gamer TV shows get repated millions of times a week if you live in the UK and have SKY .....
It is VERY similar to R2005. I thought everyone was aware of that ?

yeah rugby 2005 with minor adjustments to make the 2006 game even more playable? or thats how its come across from u guys in the previews.

Thanks for the tip, I shall set the tape for Gamer TV tomorow as I love that show anyway.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 27 2006, 06:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 27 2006, 06:14 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-disco123
@Jan 26 2006, 10:49 PM

It is VERY similar to R2005. I thought everyone was aware of that ? [/b]
i am beginning to think that RC2006 will be the rugby game for me

i played EA2005 last night, and its just plain crap

apart from backline movement and running the rest is shambles

there is ZERO forward play
there is ZERO interaction at the rucks

i need variety, i need speed, i need frantic rugby with variety in play

the fact that u cant have ANY........NOT 1, nothing, u get ZERO MAULS

ZERO MAULS
ZERO MAULS

except after a line-out...........WOW..............its automtic, u cant decide when to start a rolling mauls, and u cant even push it with any interaction, its the same thing everytime

ZERO ROLLING MAULS
ZERO MANUAL RUCKS
ZERO OFFLOADS

imagine an NFL game NO BLITZING
imagine an NBA game with NO 3 POINTERS (ok, post 1980, or whatever)
imagine an NHL game with NO FIGHTS or CHECKS
imagine a GOLF game with NO PUTTING....(well, when ak47 isnt playing, coz yes i rarely need to putt
<
)

We may have offloads in 2006, but we still subjected to the same BS in automatic breakdowns, which has ZERO human skill element

hurry up RC2006.........i need a fix to this automatic stuff

Opinion noted. Not everyone requires control and the breakdown, thats why im going for R06. RC2006 will be good, but not great, people have said this already, i think for once, EA may have pulled it together for a pretty good Rugby game.

yeah guys well after re-loading EA2005
<

it all came down like a tonne of bricks
<

and my hard nosed stance to this franchise was rekindled

i mean f***...............navigating the menu, and loading up ur profile took 5mins in itself
<

it aint EAcricket2005..................but it aint far off either
<

Edit...........its still fun on multiplayer, which i guess i wasnt playing last night

i remember the great battles, and kicking it out in injury time was a terrorist act in itself, under our multiplayer sanctions.

i guess it will have value in 2 player, and hopefully the world league is a lot better, which can distract me from its flaws around the breakdown, the lack of any interaction and variety, ie a Rugby League play the ball

How is Cricket 2005?

I fancied getting it but wasn't too sure, as I didn't really like BLIC.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jan 27 2006, 10:05 AM
How is Cricket 2005?

I fancied getting it but wasn't too sure, as I didn't really like BLIC.
dont bother mate

EAcricket2005 is next to rugbys2004

the worst sports game of all time

unless u get the PC patched version, in which i hear is better, but still split down the middle with BLIC, with general public opinion

blic arcade and WAY 2 easy hardly no run outs and the ai doest run singles (like hardly ever)

ea cricket 2005 bowling better, they score and more realistic, batting VERY hard but playable. xbox no save game feature between overs, other than that that would be my choice.

its better that cricket 2004

on topic

i still lookin forward to 2006 (or 2007 if its next gen)

I recorded the clip last night via Sky+

Does anybody know how I can hook it up to the pc? I haven't got a clue.

Latest posts