Club or Nation
Leinster
rdpro12.png

RDS, Dublin - (23/03/2012, 19:05)

Leinster.png
Versus%20Magners.png
Ospreys.png

Ref: Alan Rogan

I'd be surprised if he started in truth. I'd imagine the plan is about half an hour on Friday, about 60 mins against Munster and how ever long we can get out of him against Cardiff. It's remarkable that he'll be in contention for that game at all.

This match will probably mark the debut of Brad Thorn for Leinster, as good a reason to get yourself down to the RDS as any.

Can't wait for this does anyone have any idea what strength team the Osprey's will put out?

O'Driscoll and Cullen are back from injury, Thorn makes his debut and Fitzgerald starts in his best position.

LEINSTER:
15: Isa Nacewa
14: David Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Nathan White
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Brad Thorn
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Dominic Ryan
8: Leo Auva'a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Damian Browne
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Eoin O'Malley
23: Fionn Carr

OSPREYS:
15: Richard Fussell
14: Hanno Dirksen
13: Andrew Bishop
12: Ashley Beck
11: Eli Walker
10: Dan Biggar
9: Kahn Fotuali'i
1: Paul James
2: Richard Hibbard
3: Aaron Jarvis
4: Ryan Jones
5: Alun Wyn Jones CAPTAIN
6: Tom Smith
7: Justin Tipuric
8: George Stowers
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Scott Baldwin
17: Ryan Bevington
18: Adam Jones
19: Ian Evans
20: James King
21: Rhys Webb
22: Matthew Morgan
23: Tom Isaacs

Two good teams. With a few rested post-international duty. Should be a cracker. Home advantage to see Leinster home.

Do you guys think Jamie Hagan should move elsewhere next year? Seems a waste to have hims pend so much time on the bench. We'll swap you a young second row...

Also, is MicK Kearney of the Connacht Academy related to the Leinster Kearneys? He's from Dublin and maybe it's my eyes playing tricks, but he looks a bit like them too.

New Ospreys coach, and Tom Smith is still being selected, and that's despite the fact that he's leaving at the end of the season. If they're gonna play Ryan Jones, play him in his best position at 6!

They really need to develop a genuine fullback as well, because I don't think Fussell is the correct player going forwards.

This should be a good match. Will be interesting to see how BOD goes after his lay-off, and whether Beck can continue his great form so far this season after what must have been a slight disappointment not to get a cap for Wales in the 6 nations.

Bit risky throwing BOD right in with a start, isn't it?

The man is a healing machine in fairness. I can't think of an injury he's had where he hasn't beaten the estimated recovery time by at least a month. If they say he's good to go, he's good to go.

This is our probably best midfield, it'll be very interesting to see how the two lads get on.

Well he is up against Andrew Bishop...

Yeh, Bishop's been mighty disappointing recently. It wasn't that long ago that we was the best Welsh centre in the Magners league, he's just a bit of a nothing player now. Still great defensively though. Beck might cause some issues for Leinster though.

Yeh, Bishop's been mighty disappointing recently. It wasn't that long ago that we was the best Welsh centre in the Magners league, he's just a bit of a nothing player now. Still great defensively though. Beck might cause some issues for Leinster though.

Ya its a shame. A few seasons ago Gatland said he could be like an Aaron Mauger player for the Ospreys and Wales. But he said he would have to become more vocal and organisational. Haven't seen any improvement from since he was first picked for Wales.

Eh, we're missing the bleedin' obvious discussion point here.

5. BRAD THORN

I thought Leinster signed Thorn on the basis that Cullen was long term injured, and now Cullen comes back the same week Thorn makes his debut

..... looks like Toner still isn't trusted in the big games

I thought Leinster signed Thorn on the basis that Cullen was long term injured, and now Cullen comes back the same week Thorn makes his debut

Big games?

It's the Pro12 ..Big games would be another Heiniken cup final or something...And why not get the worth out of Thorn

Thorn was brought in to replace Stephen Skyes on a short term basis. With Damien Brown and Leo both carrying injuries it was deemed necessary that another option for the 5 jersey was needed.

I don't get your point about Toner not being trusted. This is a Rabo game at home, a game we should win comfortably. Toner has played a lot for Leinster recently whereas Cullen is coming back from a long layoff and Thorn has played 40 minutes for us in an 'A' game against Connacht. Both are in bad need of game time and thus are picked to start. I'm hopeful that Tiner will be given the nod against Cardiff.

Thorn was brought in to replace Stephen Skyes on a short term basis. With Damien Brown and Leo both carrying injuries it was deemed necessary that another option for the 5 jersey was needed.

I don't get your point about Toner not being trusted. This is a Rabo game at home, a game we should win comfortably. Toner has played a lot for Leinster recently whereas Cullen is coming back from a long layoff and Thorn has played 40 minutes for us in an 'A' game against Connacht. Both are in bad need of game time and thus are picked to start. I'm hopeful that Tiner will be given the nod against Cardiff.

This, because Thorn has signed it is likely he and Cullen will start all the Heineken Cup matches, and the coaches do not trust Toner to start in the big Heineken Cup knockout matches yet despite having a good season

This, because Thorn has signed it is likely he and Cullen will start all the Heineken Cup matches, and the coaches do not trust Toner to start in the big Heineken Cup knockout matches yet despite having a good season

Why wouldn't they play that combination now that they have him... Toner has a bit to develop yet before I'd start him in the Heineken cup regardless of the monstrous Brad Thorn being here or not.

Latest posts