• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RaboDirect Pro 12 - Ulster vs Leinster - 20/04/2012

Can someone please pm me a good link that's available in Switzerland.

Willie Faloon has gone so alarmingly backwards its not funny.

Can someone please pm me a good link that's available in Switzerland.

gold-link-in-chain.jpg

Like it

Leinster just more precise than us. We could nick this, but doubting it. Happy enough considering we're down to 3 of the first choice pack. Main thing is Henry and Mincer being fine! Please let them be fine!

Hows SO'B gone at 8?

Healy just got called world class. Not sure if I'd go that far but if the commentator wants to..

Firing ok . not taking on enough ball but tackling well popped up a gorgeous offload

as i say that he saves the day with a whopper covering tackle

Oh sweet mother of god this injury list is scaring the hell out of me.

Remove Pienaar, Trimble and the props now.

O'Driscoll making a break is a wonderful sight.

And so is him in a ruck.

Who's this ****er who's on in place of Pienaar. I'll tell you now he's not half the player of Paul Marshall.

Who is? As discussed earlier Marshall's injured.

• :D why are my smileys turning out like this?

16 - 8 is a respectful score line in my opinion considering our injuries and rested players, deserved by leinster.

Aye, can't argue with that.

Very pleased with Jackson, PaddyMac and Macklin, all three of whom should play a part come Saturday. Thank god Iggle Piggle is back.

Ultimately done by the breakdown and execution, Leinster didn't make as many mistakes with both. Shame the likes of Pedrie, McGlock, Terblanche and so on can't go out with a home win, so they'll just have to win the HC to compensate.

********. An 8 point loss at home with a play off place on the line is unacceptable, regardless of the opposition or circumstances.

Further proof that Ulster still don't see themselves as a top side.

********. An 8 point loss at home with a play off place on the line is unacceptable, regardless of the opposition or circumstances.

Further proof that Ulster still don't see themselves as a top side.

We're not. Why should we when we aren't?

We lost our playoff place last autumn in an appalling run. The selection for the Connacht match was the signing of the death certificate for said. This was hitting the corpse on the head with a hammer on the off-chance it sat up and went 'ow'!

We are getting there. Our first choice XV is by now a match for just about anyone. Paddy Jackson is beginning to show serious signs of solving our 10 dilemma and I intend to hire BG8 as an advisor for putting together a strop to post whenever snoopy doubts him. This side has the ability to go to Clermont and run them all the way in the Stade Michelin, the ability to rip Leicester apart and fly a bloody tigerskin from Ravenhill, the out and out stones to go to Thomond and spend most the game just soaking up their attacks. The bounds Ulster have taken this season in terms of ability, in terms of precision and in terms of self-belief are fantastic.

But, for all those memorable deeds, we're not there yet because that was the work of about 20 guys (the first fifteen and Small Paul, PaddyMac, D'Arcy... uhm... maybe only 18), because we've only got about 20 guys who are really fit for the top level of domestic rugby (give or take) and you can't have a top side with only 20 guys. You need depth. Ulster don't have depth. The moment you take Ferris, Best, Tuohy and Afoa out of our pack, we're not scary at all. Brady's consistent and solid, and the Stevenson Rocket's done well, but tighthead is slightly hit and hope at the moment, and the gap in class between our first choice back-row and second choice back-row is scary and embarrassing. The only reason the backline isn't as bad as the pack is because of the kids, and playing kids en masse is always a gamble in itself.

I am confident that if Anscombe is the man Humphreys thinks he is and with McGlock at the academy, over the next three years Ulster can put those issues to bed and plonk themselves right down at the top table in Europe. The talent *crosses fingers firmly over the back-row* is there. But it's done yet. The moment Ulster have to rotate heavily against a top side, we're done for, and I don't think you can call any team like that a top team.

From the moment this Ulster side was named (and I'd read it properly) I knew there was only one result, barring a shock win that would have been just as significant as the two I mentioned above. Our eggs are all in the basket marked 'Semi-Final' and I don't think there's too many Ulster fans who'd choose different. Win or lose, the playoffs are irrelevant compared to that.

Latest posts