• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rapala Pro Fishing

U

USArugger

Has anyone tried this? A fishing game has all kinds of potential. The actual fishing part of this game is pretty cool and it isn't even boring like I thought it would be. You have a profile and you go enter tournaments and you can unlock better tackle as you place in tournaments.

After playing the NASCAR game I have a whole different idea for a fishing game.

EA Sports Bass Masters Championship Fishing. You start by fishing from the dock with a cane pole. As you progress, you can buy stuff like a Wal-Mart Zebco combo or a couple of Mepps spinners. You can even buy a canoe or waders or something. I don't know. Initially you enter local tourneys at your local pond. As you win stuff, maybe you could rent a boat for a big tourney or something. A few wins there and you can buy a boat of your own. Eventually you can get sponsors and the whole 9 yards. They will need sponsors from rod companies, bait companies, boat companies, truck companies, everything. That way I can fish with a St Clair Rod, Mitchell reel, and Berkley line while fishing from my Lund boat that I pull to the lake with a Ford truck. It would be very cool.

Or maybe not.

ive played 2 fishing games, pro bass, and some other one which i cant remember, but it was sea fishing.

they are f***ing cool aye. i use to go fishing the whole time, but because of uni, and work, and having a life (well, maybie not) i dont get time to go fishing, but this is isnt a half bad subsitute.

i cant say i would spend as much time i would playing r2006, but i would play it to waste time, or while i am sick of a game. even if i played it for a weekend, it would still beat how long i played rl2 :lol:

Originally posted by Confused@Feb 25 2006, 12:04 PM
A fishing game? It sounds really boring. Now NASCAR, that is cool.
I have no idea how can they possibly make a Nascar game without making the grandstands full of hairy, fat hicks with their bucktooed wives/sisters/wife-sisters.

Originally posted by USArugger@Feb 24 2006, 10:12 PM
Has anyone tried this? A fishing game has all kinds of potential. The actual fishing part of this game is pretty cool and it isn't even boring like I thought it would be. You have a profile and you go enter tournaments and you can unlock better tackle as you place in tournaments.

After playing the NASCAR game I have a whole different idea for a fishing game.

EA Sports Bass Masters Championship Fishing. You start by fishing from the dock with a cane pole. As you progress, you can buy stuff like a Wal-Mart Zebco combo or a couple of Mepps spinners. You can even buy a canoe or waders or something. I don't know. Initially you enter local tourneys at your local pond. As you win stuff, maybe you could rent a boat for a big tourney or something. A few wins there and you can buy a boat of your own. Eventually you can get sponsors and the whole 9 yards. They will need sponsors from rod companies, bait companies, boat companies, truck companies, everything. That way I can fish with a St Clair Rod, Mitchell reel, and Berkley line while fishing from my Lund boat that I pull to the lake with a Ford truck. It would be very cool.

Or maybe not.
yes yes yes

USA RUGGER

i bought this approx a year ago

i love fishing - my favourite escape from the real world

Rapala is great...............just wait to u see what u can unlock towards the end

the big peacock bass in the amazon is a real rush

of course it aint the real thing

but it give u the same satisfaction of landing a big fish coz in rapalas its bloody hard to land the biggens - the fishing mechanics for a controller are great

AK,

I agree 100%. WHen you get a Salmon or a big Muskie on there it is pretty cool. I think the reel is a little slow on the response though. If the fish swims towards the boat, you can't reel in the line fast enough. I don't have that problem much in real life. I like how if you try to cast a really small lure with a heavy rod it won't go anywhere just like real life.

The Salmon were really ******* me off. You have to hook 4-5 to get one in the boat.

I wish you had a fish-finder, a GPS, and a trolling-motor. A trolling motor would be sweet.

I would put more random fish in the game so you would catch bullheads or Northern Pike during a bass tourney in Minnesota.

My next tournament is for Crappies if I remember correctly.

Have you ever fished peacock bass for real? I did it when I was in Panama. They schooled up, so once you hit a school you would catch them almost as fast as you could rebait your line and cast.

Latest posts