• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC4 PC Editor RELEASE

NEW RELEASE
Beta version 0.5

Changelog:
- Players --> Height and Weight added. Hoping the secondary position has been fixed as well
- Teams --> Player options added, Line Depth added, strip IDs added, logo IDs and some other stuff too soon to talk about.
- Kits --> Added strip numbers

ENJOY

Download:

Shots:
1616999685271.png1616999696636.png

Hello, trying to use the editor on a be a pro database and get the following issue:

error: unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection

Any advice?

Thanks

Hello, trying to use the editor on a be a pro database and get the following issue:

error: unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection

Any advice?

Thanks
This thread is for the release of the editor only not for personal issues. PM me and then I might help..

NEW RELEASE
Beta version 0.6

Changelog:

This is a big update. Includes the ability to edit competitions to a degree and fixtures. Below I'll outline tutorial to replace a team within career mode.
The editor will from now on make a backup of your database before writing. So if you ever run into issues. You can restore.

ENJOY!!

Download:

Tutorial:
The below steps can be followed to replace a team in career mode. In the below example I'm added London Irish onto Super Rugby.
They will play dual tournaments in the career mode and you can have loads of fun.

0. Let's first take note of what we need. Write down the following:
Competition ID
Team Replaced ID
New Team ID
1. Use my editor to make an competition edible within the game. You therefor have to unlock the competition so you can add or remove the teams in game.
This can be done by changing from 0 (not edible) to 1 (edible) as shown below.
1618147872164.png
2. With this done you have to CLOSE the editor and boot into the game. Go to edit competitions and add the team you want. You have to replace an existing team. Do not make other changes it will break.
For our example you'll remove the Jaquares from Super Rugby and add London Irish.
3. Close the game. Open up the editor again.
4. Now in the editor we need to do a couple of things. First let's go over to the teams.
Each team has a default competition it is assigned to. This is now read by the editor. We need to remove Jaquares from the Super Rugby, competition 1002. And we need to add it as the default for London Irish.
As you can see we change Jaquares CompID2 to 0000 and save, then we change London Irish to 1002, save. Now would be a good time to write the database. Let's then restart fresh with the final step.
1618148715064.png1618148743640.png
5. If you were to now boot the game, you'd see the teams, however, career mode will be broken, as there is no fixtures. We need to take care of that as well.
Lets in the editor goto the fixtures tab. Now you need to look at all the matches that has jaquares in them, (this will be searchable in the future).
We need to replace Jaquares teamID in the fixtures with London Irish's teamID. Double check you get all of them. Save after each. Once done write the changes.
1618148973842.png

Last edited:
NEW RELEASE
Beta version 0.6

Changelog:

This is a big update. Includes the ability to edit competitions to a degree and fixtures. Below I'll outline tutorial to replace a team within career mode.
The editor will from now on make a backup of your database before writing. So if you ever run into issues. You can restore.

ENJOY!!

Download:

Tutorial:
The below steps can be followed to replace a team in career mode. In the below example I'm added London Irish onto Super Rugby.
They will play dual tournaments in the career mode and you can have loads of fun.

0. Let's first take note of what we need. Write down the following:
Competition ID
Team Replaced ID
New Team ID
1. Use my editor to make an competition edible within the game. You therefor have to unlock the competition so you can add or remove the teams in game.
This can be done by changing from 0 (not edible) to 1 (edible) as shown below.
View attachment 10539
2. With this done you have to CLOSE the editor and boot into the game. Go to edit competitions and add the team you want. You have to replace an existing team. Do not make other changes it will break.
For our example you'll remove the Jaquares from Super Rugby and add London Irish.
3. Close the game. Open up the editor again.
4. Now in the editor we need to do a couple of things. First let's go over to the teams.
Each team has a default competition it is assigned to. This is now read by the editor. We need to remove Jaquares from the Super Rugby, competition 1002. And we need to add it as the default for London Irish.
As you can see we change Jaquares CompID2 to 0000 and save, then we change London Irish to 1002, save. Now would be a good time to write the database. Let's then restart fresh with the final step.
View attachment 10540View attachment 10541
5. If you were to now boot the game, you'd see the teams, however, career mode will be broken, as there is no fixtures. We need to take care of that as well.
Lets in the editor goto the fixtures tab. Now you need to look at all the matches that has jaquares in them, (this will be searchable in the future).
We need to replace Jaquares teamID in the fixtures with London Irish's teamID. Double check you get all of them. Save after each. Once done write the changes.
View attachment 10542
Mate.. I know this is early stages but this is actually ground breaking for the game. I know you are planning some more stuff as well which is really exciting. Bloody good job man!

Editor Issues and Howto Fix:

Finding and fixing errors. Most errors with the editor is based on two things:
  1. You don't have SQL installed correctly see below.
  2. You're database is different and the table offsets needs adjustment.

How do you know which one is the error?
Its a simple process, did an older version work on your database? If so, SQL is working fine and you've got issue 2.
If its your first time and you're receiving an error, make sure to follow the steps to fix 1 first, then move onto fixing issue 2.

Fixing SQL (1):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=55994

1. Open the installer as indicated.
2. Select Download Media
3. Select LocalDB
4. Download it.
5. Install it (will be under your downloads folder)

Fixing Offsets (2):
Unfortunately this is a bit more technical and might require some skill. Its important to understand that each of the things you're seeing in the
editor is actually an database table. Each table has a place where it starts and each has a place where it ends. The editor is programmed with default start and end locations for each table.
These you can view under settings:
1619825238672.png
For the sake of this tutorial, let's not worry too much about the boxes underneath the HEX strings. If you don't know what the HEX strings are, I suggest you stop.
On you're left you have start locations and on your right you have end locations. 99.99% if you're database has an error, its because one of these locations can't be found.
You can test this by using the new test DB function. This function will attempt to find which of these offsets can't be found, and you can proceed to manually get it.
Let's use an example of an database having issues.
You don't have to load the database, the test function will do so. So let's clicks Test DB. The editor will tell you which table it is testing, if no error occurs and it moves on, then that table is fine.
1619826274673.png
Here you will see we have our first issues!
1619826302410.png1619826328592.png
To debug this, we have to confirm if these offsets on the editor, is actually found in the DB!. Let's open an HEX editor and start searching.
Search using the HEX editor for the HEX values, you must be sure to select HEX and not Text when you searching.
1619826458350.png
In this example, I couldn't find the end offset for the competitions. Here we'll see that the user has a lot more competitions, and that's why its failing.
We need to adjust the offsets.
1619826695804.png
For competitions, the start of each record is 61 characters before the name. See here:
1619826829714.png
Each record within a table has a specific size, this is also now displayed in the editor. Once you know where a record starts, you can determine where it ends. The end of a table needs to be either the last record,
or the first records after the last one. in this example we can see a competition record size is 100 characters. Lets count 100 from the start of the last record.
1619826997146.png
And the ones after that would be the end offset.
Let's take at least around 30 characters.
1619827035088.png
The HEX string 01 00 00 00 75 04 35 66 32 31 61 32 66 30 31 39 61 38 64 63 62 32 35 31 63 35 38 64 34 37 will become our new end for competitions.

Now for the Lineups we have an unique situation, we have both offsets that can be found. Based on the rules we know that each record for a lineup is 776 of length.
The match based on the current end for lineups is shown in yellow.
1619827724630.png

We can see that there is some characters at top. This is unfortunately not so easy to do. We can see some HEX characters here. Marked in blue. 776 characters from them doesnt' match our current match.
This would mean we need to adjust. So our actual end needs to be 01 00 00 00 82 1D 70 60 02 00 00 00 83 1D 71 60 03 00 00 00 85 1D 73 60 04 00 00 00 87 1D 74 60 05 00 00 00 5F 1A 77 60 06 00 00 00.

This is very technical and I cannot help everyone to get their DBs working. The following guides can be followed:
Players --> 1348
Lineups --> 776
Teams --> 212
Kits --> 280
Fixtures --> 16
Competitions --> 100

You can also open old databases or stock ones and then see how it differs on the specific matches from yours.

NEW RELEASE
Beta version 0.6

Changelog:

Bug fixes. Now saves settings to file after save. Also added the TEST DB function.
Note you need to use your saved offsets between different versions of the editors, so store them somewhere for future use!.

ENJOY!!

Download:

Hey @Frans.Hendrik First of amazing work with the editor. Your work is truly remarkable.

I wanted to ask a few things regarding with it if that's ok and also some suggestions that I could add.

Questions:

1.) Is this the tool we use to upload kits into the game ?
2.) I saw your latest update has a competition editor is it possible to add new competitions into the game ?

Suggestions:

- If my second question isn't possible as of now, could it be possible in later updates ?
- Would be great if you can add other tiers. To be clearer, when your selecting your team and you can pick from different tiers for example international, top 14, super rugby etc.

The only reason I said the above because I think it'll be awesome if we could work on a 'world of rugby' mod where it includes every team (professional) in the game. I understand that what your doing is very complex so I won't be disappointed if you can't.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey @Frans.Hendrik First of amazing work with the editor. Your work is truly remarkable.

I wanted to ask a few things regarding with it if that's ok and also some suggestions that I could add.

Questions:

2.) I saw your latest update has a competition editor is it possible to add new competitions into the game ?

Suggestions:

- If my second question isn't possible as of now, could it be possible in later updates ?
- Would be great if you can add other tiers. To be clearer, when your selecting your team and you can pick from different tiers for example international, top 14, super rugby etc.

The only reason I said the above because I think it'll be awesome if we could work on a 'world of rugby' mod where it includes every team (professional) in the game. I understand that what your doing is very complex so I won't be disappointed if you can't.

Thanks in advance! :)
I've not been very active. But to answer your questions:

1. no this is not the tool
2. no the competition format seems to be hardcoded. With the current one, you can easily replace an existing team etc. within the career mode competition. But you cannot add another one. The formats seems to be hardcoded.

NEW RELEASE
Version1.0

Changelog:

Bug fixes. Added player face, hairmesh and beards record IDs to editor. This doesn't work the same as in previous versions. Faces are designed using the game's editor.
Note you need to use your saved offsets between different versions of the editors, so store them somewhere for future use!. My offsets will not work for you.
Open your previous editor, goto settings, copy those offsets, paste onto new editor and click save settings. It should now work

ENJOY!!

Sorry for not posting in a while, was working on a career progression editor, however, its' a dead end as the tables are too unstructured. I managed to decode player competition stats onto the editor, but the tables keep changing.
This would have been great to create a offline progression based on players competition stats etc. I'm now working on rather doing this with the global editor with filter e.g. based on age, or position. Also working on an improved check DB.
This will automatically adjust the offsets to your database to assist for users which are struggling.

Download:

anyone also struggling for the database to open on the tool? Mine just remains blank

Greeting therugbyforum and members. Awesome contributions from everyone. Here is the original custom0.db and details on the offsets corrected for compatibility with Frans's RC4 Editor 1.0

NB: This is the original and clean DB from first launch without any modifications or changes.

E3030000240124010100479C581342770000005F0A0301003D372EFFF3DE: Competition Offsets (Second Row) so that this matches with the below:

1669371102289.png

Last edited:
anyone also struggling for the database to open on the tool? Mine just remains blank
Greetingz @Jakkalz089 & @IXNZ,

If you can send me the custom0.db database, I would be happy to try and assist, I am by no means a fundie at this, but I would like to see if I can help.

I'm also working on trying to obtain a most up to date database and / or create one myself. I found using Hex editing along with Frans's Rugby editor that I am able to make some fun changes to the game and Career mode. I must honestly say a lot of work went into the editor <3 Thank you Frans !

Latest posts