• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Referee Strictness

Bring back Rugby 06 Refs, they didn't see everything, so there was always a chance your high tackle would lead to a turnover and not a penalty.

some calls should definitely get missed, but i wouldn't waste too much time sitting around and putting in referees personalities. maybe in a few years, when this game gets some money in it and that becomes the only real problem in the game, then they could handle that, but for now, lets put in real-time physics, be-a-pro mode, and make the breakdown more interactive instead of, lets throw some people in and try to get lucky

some calls should definitely get missed, but i wouldn't waste too much time sitting around and putting in referees personalities. maybe in a few years, when this game gets some money in it and that becomes the only real problem in the game, then they could handle that, but for now, lets put in real-time physics, be-a-pro mode, and make the breakdown more interactive instead of, lets throw some people in and try to get lucky

are we playing the same game here :mellow:

are we playing the same game here :mellow:

You can not play same as You want. I have seen that Most of the people have got penalty who have played such type of game. Even I am also want to such type of game But It is too much risky.

You can not play same as You want. I have seen that Most of the people have got penalty who have played such type of game. Even I am also want to such type of game But It is too much frisky.

again with the dirty jokes!

I hate if you run the ball out the sideline it's opposition throw in even if you've got a penalty. Also the 22m rule might be a bit hard to implement but would be good to keep up with the times. Crouch, touch, pause, engage omg please don't put this in the game it'll suck major balls. Bad enough seeing reset scrums in real life seeing them in a game would be shocking.

Being serious now!

A start would be to have a ref and touch judges on the field of play. Should this project prove worthy of further devekopment then the characteristics of different referees could then be explored.

i think, get rid of the instant penalty after you get tackled high. even when you've given the pass and you're off for a certain try only to be brought back for a penalty

I think it would be sweet to have a ref on the field but i don't think that their strictness should vary.
Maybe they could make incorrect decisions depending on where they are standing in relation to the game. but this should be an optional slider so that if your playing 'Lounge mode' with mates you could make the ref's absolutely perfect but when playing 'Season Mode' (or any other tournament) they may slip up. this would help give the game some more realism.
eg. New Zealand vs France World Cup 2007... The ref missed the forward pass that lost the All Blacks the game, but that is part of professional sport and would add a very kool dynamic to Season mode

I think that penalty tries should be included... (only in extreme cases) if a player gets high tackled on the try line and loses the ball. a penalty try should be awarded

I think it would be sweet to have a ref on the field but i don't think that their strictness should vary.
Maybe they could make incorrect decisions depending on where they are standing in relation to the game. but this should be an optional slider so that if your playing 'Lounge mode' with mates you could make the ref's absolutely perfect but when playing 'Season Mode' (or any other tournament) they may slip up. this would help give the game some more realism.
eg. New Zealand vs France World Cup 2007... The ref missed the forward pass that lost the All Blacks the game, but that is part of professional sport and would add a very kool dynamic to Season mode

We must have been watching differnt games then, yes the pass was forward but NZ were played off the park in the second half. France earned and deserved that win.

There should be human error to a point like an obvious high tackle should be called or knock on. But a marginal forward pass should be a luck of the draw. There should be TMO for tries like in the rugby league series. The spear tackle should be optional that you can perform. The refs should actual call half and full time correctly. The touch judges or 'assitant referees' should have input and have made up refs from different countries so there may be a bit of bias if an ref is refing between certain countries. the whole point of these games is realism and the human error and biased refs should be includde just not to over the top.

I'd like a bit of human error. I mean you don't want the same stuff happening all the time in a game (Rugby 08 had a bit of this problem). I love nothing more than when I'm on my tryline and I use hands in the ruck and get the ball back without the ref doing anything. Its that taking a risk factor... It could be a penalty and a yellow card or it could be a turn over.

Unpredictability = Win.

I'd like a bit of human error. I mean you don't want the same stuff happening all the time in a game (Rugby 08 had a bit of this problem). I love nothing more than when I'm on my tryline and I use hands in the ruck and get the ball back without the ref doing anything. Its that taking a risk factor... It could be a penalty and a yellow card or it could be a turn over.

Unpredictability = Win.

This is completely true, although I've never experienced this using your hands on your own line and getting away with a penalty, I'd love for something like this to happen...
Unpredictability also keeps people wanting more and when you don't know what you're going to get it adds more excitement.

nooo just make the ref miss a couple of things some times, like the odd high tackle or infringement in the ruck, if there is purposefully wrong decisions in the game I will use the game disk as a frisbee.

I think that is what everbody means and really wants, unpredictability. Go HB you can do it!

An easier solution would be to have a 'referee awareness' slider this way we can all be happy :)

We must have been watching differnt games then, yes the pass was forward but NZ were played off the park in the second half. France earned and deserved that win.

You admit the pass was forward so the try shouldn't have been awarded so they didn't deserve the win... they only won by 2 points

get over it, we lost. that was 3 years ago. we didn't deserve the win playing like that anyway.

Latest posts