• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Release Date 11/11/05

Alot of sites down here have just updated to 1st of December

There's gotto be some source going round, coz all of them, have changed to the same date

Not too mention RL2's announcement...perhaps HIP and trying to intercept sales.

Its going to huge

RL2 v RC2006

even though different sports, the same people will buy it...but which one

WHAT A BATTLE ON THE SHELVES THIS IS GOING TO BE

Cricket 2005 was #1 until RPIC/BLIC arrived, and that flew past Cricket 2005 on the charts.

I can see it already.

RL2 fan - Man this game is soo bloody good, the best
RC2006 fan - Man this game is better than RL2, i am trading in
RL2 fan - No way RL2 is the best - but i havent played RC2006
RL2 fan after a week - I have traded in RL2 for RC2006

Non Aussie (RL bias) Magazines:
RL2 8/10............better than Rugby2k5, worse than RC2006
RC2006 9/10......the best rugby game ever

RL2 will always be praised regardless of the comparison to RC2006, coz of its niche league factor.

These assumptions are all based from locksleys comments, coz he is a league man, yet continues to say "RC2006 is the best rugby game ever", and he also had alot to do with RL2 (UK player stats), in which I assume he has played both, but regards one of them better.
<

Ill just solve the problem by getting both, its not often that we are spoiled for choice so I think eveyone esle will probably be the same.

dam 1st december would be bad for me. I was planning to get rl2 as my early b-day present as it comes out on the 8th but now rc2006 seems to be releasing around the same time. looks like it will be one for my -b-day and the other for christmas. I am not sure if people will get both rl2 and rc2006 if they release around the same time. most kids etc will only be able to get one game for Christmas so will end up choosing one over the other.

its defintely is a great battle though rl2 v rc2006. I think rc2006 will be spread by word of mouth especially when people learn it was made by the guys that did rpic/blic then know what to execpt since that game was so good. that is what sidhe don't have in their favour a prior release as not many would have gotten gripshift compared to rpic. sidhe do have though a previous version of league and also new features like online play and franchise mode. the winner of this battle proabbly won't be unknowen until next year when the people that could only get one for christmas decide to get the other one or not.

I think you should all grow up and get jobs, becasue then you can buy what you want.

<

well I will get both of course just not at the same time one will be for my-b-day and the other Christmas. I am pretty sure most on the forum will get both but i did refer to kids in my post that will only be able to get one game for christmas and will have to choose which one they get as they can't get both.

Originally posted by robbinho@Nov 9 2005, 10:11 AM
I think you should all grow up and get jobs, becasue then you can buy what you want.

<
You havn't got a mortgage, have you?

<

Originally posted by robbinho@Nov 9 2005, 10:11 PM

<
easier said then done

16 yr olds cant spawn into adults with expendable incomes

I myself am getting both, so i have zero issues with anything
<

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 7 2005, 11:18 PM
RC2006 will definitely not be released on 11th November. Guaranteed ... it's totally impossible. There are some issues which need to be resolved - which I cannot discuss - which are delaying final manufacture of the game.

I think late Nov early Dec is still the best call.

I know this is bringing it up a bit late, as Trev's post was a while back now, and I'm not trying to be negative, but here goes.

THIS above is how you do it Mario (Sidhe). This is how you give your fans a bit of an idea of what is going on.

Everything I've read from Trev has been insightful and helpful. Almost no-one is being negative to Swordfish on this site, and I believe that Trev's abig part of the reason. If anyone says anything negative, he pretty much ignores it.

This is in STARK contrast to what we received as far as feedback from Sidhe. I mean, if Trev is wrong about some info or estimate he gives us, we're not going to get all ****** off at him, because he actually informs and tries his best for us.

We only had the stock standard, "I cannot confirm/deny/estimate/guess/hint/tell you anything" line from Sidhe towards the end.

I totally condemn Los Lovers outbursts towards Mario and Sidhe, but as far as PR and making me want to buy a game, well there's no contest.

Swordfish and Trev have bent over backwards for us. Towards the end, the other guys were asking us to bend over.

Not trying to stir anything between these two companies, just trying to say (by virtue of comparison) Well done Trev and Swordfish.

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Nov 10 2005, 10:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 10 2005, 10:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Nov 7 2005, 11:18 PM
RC2006 will definitely not be released on 11th November. Guaranteed ... it's totally impossible. There are some issues which need to be resolved - which I cannot discuss - which are delaying final manufacture of the game.

I think late Nov early Dec is still the best call.

I know this is bringing it up a bit late, as Trev's post was a while back now, and I'm not trying to be negative, but here goes.

THIS above is how you do it Mario (Sidhe). This is how you give your fans a bit of an idea of what is going on.

Everything I've read from Trev has been insightful and helpful. Almost no-one is being negative to Swordfish on this site, and I believe that Trev's abig part of the reason. If anyone says anything negative, he pretty much ignores it.

This is in STARK contrast to what we received as far as feedback from Sidhe. I mean, if Trev is wrong about some info or estimate he gives us, we're not going to get all ****** off at him, because he actually informs and tries his best for us.

We only had the stock standard, "I cannot confirm/deny/estimate/guess/hint/tell you anything" line from Sidhe towards the end.

I totally condemn Los Lovers outbursts towards Mario and Sidhe, but as far as PR and making me want to buy a game, well there's no contest.

Swordfish and Trev have bent over backwards for us. Towards the end, the other guys were asking us to bend over.

Not trying to stir anything between these two companies, just trying to say (by virtue of comparison) Well done Trev and Swordfish. [/b]
To be fair, from what I understand, the increasingly litigious and vague nature of Mario and other Sidhe staff’s responses was due to pressure and guidelines given to them by HES...

Originally posted by robbinho@Nov 9 2005, 11:11 AM

<
Like I did, I now play Games at work......

I am really looking forward to this so hopefully it will be out just in time for Christmas....

Absolutely! Well, St Helens Dan insists I'm a Stalinist... but you get the drift
<
Anyway, we contacted Mario and told him these sections in particular shall be under heavy scrutiny. Thus your post got deleted.

Originally posted by sanzar@Nov 10 2005, 01:02 PM
Absolutely! Well, St Helens Dan insists I'm a Stalinist... but you get the drift
<
Mark Bosnich and I salute you
<
<

Play.com now has it released for 1/02/2006. All high street shops still 25/11/2005

Latest posts