• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Release Date 11/11/05

Forgive me if this have been said, but should there be a demo for this game? Like BLIC

At the moment the game is still scheduled for a pre-Christmas release. I have heard that Ubisoft are considering holding the game back until February - but as far as I am aware that decision has not been made yet, and the game is scheduled for a December release.

If you think it strange that we do not know, the problem is caused by the publisher chain. We work directly with Hip, who then pass everything onto Ubisoft. We do not have any direct contact at all with Ubi, so are not aware of decisions they make.

That's just the way it is.

hopefully...its not released around Feb next year
because rugby 2006 would be releasing around about the same time
and most people in southern hemisphere will probably get rugby 2006 by looking at the cover of R06 with their favourite player on it.

aye and rugby 2006 wil be more geared towards the southern hemisphere with proper super 14 licenses etc. Trev mate we understand your position and that the release is beyond your control thanks for keeping us posted. this is just my opinion but I think ubisoft would release in december simply to pick up on the chirstmas market rush. the game will proabbly sell well around feb anyway with the six nations on and super 14 starting up around then. so ubisoft would want 2 bites of the cherry the christmas rush and the start of the rugby season. I could be wrong though and this is just my opinion

Dam this site has got depressing for me man!! Just been looking at the rugby league 2 forum and seeing how excited the little buggers have been getting about the release on the 8th December(don`t blame them) wish we had a release date
<

I'm hoping the game kicks ass to be honest, and we actually have one to play.

According to gamefaqs.com, there is only ONE PS2 game scheduled for release between 02 December 2005 and 27 January 2006 - Rugby League 2! If Ubisoft released the game before Christmas, they would have a clear run on sales! What are they playing at??
<

If they decide to hold it back till Feb - then they would have lost a heck of amount of sales. The game needs to be released before Christmas, they should be aiming to get it out before R2006

Very much agreed...muchly.

Sounds as if the guys at Swordfish just want it to be published, as do we.
Shame if it misses chrimbo but, my 18th is in Feb so thats a good B'day prezzie...
<

if the swordfish guys need a new banner for the top right corner i could make one, just throwin it out there, but im sure theres really good artists at swordfish, just tryin to see...

dc...

Originally posted by DC13@Nov 25 2005, 03:53 PM
if the swordfish guys need a new banner for the top right corner i could make one, just throwin it out there, but im sure theres really good artists at swordfish, just tryin to see...

dc...
lol i made that one up there for the first game ages ago ^

You can make a RC2006 one if you want.

Would be some tough competition with the RL2 game also out in Dec. But I would buy both games anyway so no competition for me.
<

yea true, i think most people will buy both rugby challenge and rugby06.. i've had every rugby game since that funky RWC87 one that was on pc..

you may die starving from a GREAT RUGBY VIDEO GAME mayn

hahha..thats good dedication to the sports video games hahaha

good stuff

I have had every game since Rugby 2001.

I am getting both, as they both sound kick-ass and RC2006 has the licenses for me, but Rugby 2006 may not (what a surprise) but might play better. Still nice to have a little variance.

ive had every rugby game since jonah Lomu rugby...man when the f*** is this game coming out?

im hungry for rugby games!

Latest posts