• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reply from Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hey Dave

I trust that you are well.  As for the new Rugby game. However, a lot has changed.  What I can say is that I am now based out of our biggest studio based in Canada and we are using a whole new engine and related tools and development is coming along nicely.  We are still in the early stages, however, I think that it is already looking better than Rugby 2004.  We have taken into account a great deal of fan input as well as trying to implement a number of things that technology prevented us from doing last time. 

As for demos and screenshots etc, we are still a little way from that.  We haven’t quite reached our art benchmark yet, but we are getting closer by the day.

Cheers

Andrew[/b]

Ofcourse this is the edited version of the email, i took some things out as Andrew and I have known each other for a while and I dont want to ruin that trust we have.

Fan input eh? Maybe they are among the forums but don't want to make themselves known, which is understandable.

By the way: I have put a dedicated Rugby 2005 forum up at www.rugbyforum.tk, so we don't flood this off-topic one when the news starts rolling in (it is not to compete with this forum, I've talked to Dom about it.[it's just that this forum has certain partners and it is easier this way])

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 16 2004, 05:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Hey Dave

I trust that you are well.  As for the new Rugby game. However, a lot has changed.  What I can say is that I am now based out of our biggest studio based in Canada and we are using a whole new engine and related tools and development is coming along nicely.  We are still in the early stages, however, I think that it is already looking better than Rugby 2004.  We have taken into account a great deal of fan input as well as trying to implement a number of things that technology prevented us from doing last time. 

As for demos and screenshots etc, we are still a little way from that.  We haven’t quite reached our art benchmark yet, but we are getting closer by the day.

Cheers

Andrew

Ofcourse this is the edited version of the email, i took some things out as Andrew and I have known each other for a while and I dont want to ruin that trust we have. [/b][/quote]
Mate, we all know about your special relationship with Andrew. Just get over yourself, grow up and stop pretending you're special or important in any way whatsoever.

I don't hold out much hope for any game made by EA. Fifa 2004, Rugby2004 and Cricket2004 have all been big disappointments and everytime we get promised they will be bigger and better than Rugby2001, than Cricket2002 and everytime we get disappointed. If you only take a look at the difference between what Andrew Wilson promises and what he produces you would understand what I mean.

Originally posted by kingwilko@Sep 18 2004, 04:19 AM
I don't hold out much hope for any game made by EA. Fifa 2004,
So you haven't played fifa 2005 demo then!

I've always felt that fifa has never really delivered, but I enjoyed Euro 2004 & now I've played fifa 2005 demo, I can say, it looks & plays great!

Just hope it is as good as I think because it would be a nice change from playing Pro Evo series all the time!

Well it sounds like ProEvo has forced EA to raise its game for football but unfortunately that is a much bigger market than rugby or cricket. I honestly hope ProEvo, WCR and BLC will show EA that they'll have to produce something worth buying in future but I have my doubts.

Originally posted by kingwilko+Sep 18 2004, 04:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Sep 18 2004, 04:19 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave
@Sep 16 2004, 05:34 AM
Hey Dave

Cheers

Andrew

Ofcourse this is the edited version of the email, i took some things out as Andrew and I have known each other for a while and I dont want to ruin that trust we have. [/b]
Mate, we all know about your special relationship with Andrew. Just get over yourself, grow up and stop pretending you're special or important in any way whatsoever.
[/b][/quote]
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

I know what you mean mate! I can't stand people like him who feel they need to name drop or talk about their "special relationships" with people in cirtain positions! So f***ing what if you have a special relationship with this loser who produced the peice of **** known as "rugby 2004"? For christ sake, this Andrew bloke was the one who promised Rugby 2004 would be "Madden proportions"!

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 16 2004, 04:34 PM
I think that it is already looking better than Rugby 2004. 
Hope he didn't mean literally "LOOKING" as we are not interested in it if it just looks great.

Puzzling this fan input....who and where?

You really need fans to help out with gameplay as programmers often miss things....often their specialty is computer technicalities FIRST and gaming SECOND, otherwise they would be gamers rather than developers....very hard to serve 2 masters.

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 18 2004, 09:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 18 2004, 09:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave
@Sep 16 2004, 05:34 AM
Hey Dave

Cheers

Andrew

Ofcourse this is the edited version of the email, i took some things out as Andrew and I have known each other for a while and I dont want to ruin that trust we have.
[/b]
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

I know what you mean mate! I can't stand people like him who feel they need to name drop or talk about their "special relationships" with people in cirtain positions! So f***ing what if you have a special relationship with this loser who produced the peice of **** known as "rugby 2004"? For christ sake, this Andrew bloke was the one who promised Rugby 2004 would be "Madden proportions"! [/b][/quote]
f*** me he is trying to be helpful by giving some info on whats going on. Be thankful.

Cheers for that Dave.

Sorry to disillusion you mate but if you want reliable infomation on whats happening stay away from Dave who is frankly a fantasist who has been living in his own world for so long he believes stuff to be true. There are no lengths this guy will not go to to make you believe him; fake screenshots, convos, threats of legal action; you name it.

If I want info about EA games (and I have my own sources) the last person on earth I would ask is an egomaniac like Dave here.
Apologies to everyone else for clogging up the thread and getting off topic.

Originally posted by kingwilko@Sep 18 2004, 12:02 PM
Sorry to disillusion you mate but if you want reliable infomation on whats happening stay away from Dave who is frankly a fantasist who has been living in his own world for so long he believes stuff to be true. There are no lengths this guy will not go to to make you believe him; fake screenshots, convos, threats of legal action; you name it.

If I want info about EA games (and I have my own sources) the last person on earth I would ask is an egomaniac like Dave here.
Apologies to everyone else for clogging up the thread and getting off topic.
oh true, sorry boss i havnt heard of all these fake screenshots, convos, threats of legal action that you speak of.

Originally posted by JJ-@Sep 18 2004, 01:13 AM
Yeah, keep us updated Dave, let people decide what they want.
I respect your right to make your own mistakes.

Dave's a hypocryt... He goes on and on about how Sidhe don't deserve to be aloud to make another RL game because (in his opinion) the first game was crap, yet he's creaming in his pants over news on Rugby 2005?!?!?!
What a ********!

I don't hold out much hope for any game made by EA. Fifa 2004, Rugby2004 and Cricket2004 have all been big disappointments.
If it was such a big disappointment why are you advertising one of its websites?

If you actually went to the site you would see its a patches site, ie making the game better.

Originally posted by kingwilko+Sep 18 2004, 12:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Sep 18 2004, 12:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Sep 18 2004, 01:13 AM
Yeah, keep us updated Dave, let people decide what they want.
I respect your right to make your own mistakes. [/b]
Thank you.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Sep 18 2004, 04:23 PM
If you actually went to the site you would see its a patches site, ie making the game better.
I hate getting shut down like that. It happens far too often for poor old Wally.

Originally posted by Wally+Sep 18 2004, 05:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 18 2004, 05:43 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@Sep 18 2004, 04:23 PM
I hate getting shut down like that. It happens far too often for poor old Wally. [/b]
lol Don't worry about it mate. After nearly 12 months and a lot of hard work we reckon we've almost made the game playable for PC users. Far too many bugs in the original release though and no chance of a patch it seems.

I would like to back kingwilko up on this. Much of the information Dave gives is proberbly untrue and not direct from Andrew, posted by Dave with the aim of making himself seem more important then the rest of the community.

I would take all information Dave gives with a pinch of salt!

Ste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts