• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ricky Hatton vs Floyd Mayweather?

D

DC

Well, after last nights destruction, and i say destruction of Luis Castillo, Ricky Hatton made some remarks about Pretty Boy Floyd. Call it a hunch, but i have a feeling these two will be fighting in the very near future! Finally a big time fight, and also what can be added as Floyds first loss!

Mayweather warms to dream fight with Briton

John Rawling
Saturday June 23, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

It was surely no coincidence that Roger Mayweather happened to be hanging round the Top Rank gym in Las Vegas when José Luis Castillo met the media earlier this week. The trainer and uncle of the pound-for-pound world No1 Floyd Mayweather, who holds two wins over Castillo, was only too happy to talk up the possibility of a confrontation between Mayweather and Ricky Hatton."Floyd wouldn't want Castillo. Why should he? But Hatton would be huge. It would be a bigger fight than Mayweather and [Oscar] De La Hoya because it is not just about two boxers, it is about nations as well. I know Floyd said he was retiring but there would be so much money in that one that it would make a dead man walk," said Mayweather before adding emphatically: "But first Hatton must look good against Castillo."

That test comes in the Thomas and Mack Center tonight. Hatton, by his own admission, has produced three sub standard performances since a magnificent win against Kostya Tszyu two years ago. First, while embroiled in a split with his long-time promoter Frank Warren, Hatton gave a ragged and angry display against Carlos Maussa. Next, struggling against a fullblown welterweight, he barely edged past the southpaw Luis Collazo in a fight where some believed he was distinctly fortunate to get the judge's verdict. Then in January, on his Las Vegas debut, he was way short of his best as he outpointed the strong but limited Juan Urango, with the debilitating effect of a virus later revealed as a contributory factor in Hatton's performance.

"I am pretty ****** off about it," the ever honest Hatton confessed. "I know I am better than ever and have been doing some amazing things in the gym. So it is frustrating I haven't been able to show it in my recent fights. But I have had a fantastic training programme and I'm ready to produce a great performance. The way I feel there is no way Castillo can beat me."

Whether or not Hatton will need to reach his best to score a win remains to be seen. Castillo, 33, a veteran of 63 fights, looked rusty as he laboured to a points win over Herman Ngoudjo of Cameroon in his last fight. An explanation might be that the skills that propelled him to wins over the late Diego Corrales and Joel Casamayor, and twice extended Mayweather in close fights, have begun to erode.

Hatton has trained meticulously under his trainer, Billy Graham, in the expectation that Castillo will be able to recapture his best form. Castillo, a formidable puncher with a damaging left hook, is unlikely to be intimidated by Hatton's passionate following and believes Hatton's aggressive style will play into his hands. Bravado is commonplace before fights but there is a calm certainty about Castillo which suggests his preparations have been good.

Hatton seems uninvitingly priced as 1-2 favourite and better value can be found in following the suggestion he will prevail on points. The styles of the fighters might make for a thrilling fight as Hatton moves on towards a Mayweather dream fight. The undefeated Hatton, 28, may still be the fresher and is probably physically stronger. He anticipates a long and gruelling battle where fi ghting heart might ultimately prove as significant as any technical superiority and it would be no surprise if the contest went the full distance.[/b]

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/boxing/story/0,,2109653,00.html

Ricky of course has to move up to 147 for this fight but he's done it before and won. In terms of hand speed these two are deffinately equal and if Hatton can pull the hook an hold against Mayweather he's going to knock him out, not to mention the hitman is one of the best body punchers in the world!

Who do you think would win?

Promo:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6mQUtZx9pU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6mQUtZx9pU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Could be interesting, Hatton certainly is a better fighter when he moves up the weight group. However, he's also starting to become a spent force, so this could end up being the same as Lewis v Tyson; Should have happened years earlier so disappoints.

you must have never felt a boxing glove then, they arent that padded theyre still hard..

at least boxers dont get knocked out by silly slaps called 'right hooks' by UFC fans! cough liddell cough..

<div class='quotemain'> Nah, they stad there for 36 minutes hugging each other.

f***ing faries. [/b]

Better than humping each other for 15 minutes.. :toss:
[/b][/quote]

STFU-Bleech.jpg

Hatton did well against Castillo, but Mayweather will destroy him.

Also, disregarding Mixed Martial Arts as just a humpfest degrades the incredible mix of jiu-jitsu, kickboxing, boxing, wrestling and judo, that MMA truly is.

It's like calling (dare I say it) rugby a "gay" sport because you spend half the time sandwiched in between two guys asses and the other half of the time you're being rucked from behind by a forward you just-so-coincidentally call "Bubba."

MMA is to Boxing what Rugby is to American football: it's less derivative, has more flow, has more variations, and is less watered down and commercialized. Therefore, it takes a greater study of the sport in and of itself to be fully appreciated for what it truly is.

Although I will admit, they sure do look like they are humping each other. :p

Hatton did well against Castillo, but Mayweather will destroy him.

Also, disregarding Mixed Martial Arts as just a humpfest degrades the incredible mix of jiu-jitsu, kickboxing, boxing, wrestling and judo, that MMA truly is.

It's like calling (dare I say it) rugby a "gay" sport because you spend half the time sandwiched in between two guys asses and the other half of the time you're being rucked from behind by a forward you just-so-coincidentally call "Bubba."

MMA is to Boxing what Rugby is to American football: it's less derivative, has more flow, has more variations, and is less watered down and commercialized. Therefore, it takes a greater study of the sport in and of itself to be fully appreciated for what it truly is.

Although I will admit, they sure do look like they are humping each other. :p [/b]

I wouldnt quite say that MMA is more free flowing, the long pause when they lay on one another is boring

and it has been confirmed that Hatton will fight Mayweater on November 10th

im seriously considering buying tickets for this one..

<div class='quotemain'> Floyd hands down. I don't need to justify why. [/b]

With your usual record for predictions, that makes a Hatton win certain.
[/b][/quote]
Well the last few times I've predicted Mayweather to win, he has, so I really don't see where you're coming from.

Unless of course you're talking about Rugby which is totally unrelated, and even if you were it would be good if you could back up what you said.

to be honest i think floyd will get beat, for the following reasons:

1.) He is fighting hatton who is tough as nails
2.) He is fighting a fighter who has hand speed the same as mayweather
3.) Hook an Hold Hatton

no chance, mayweather likes to dance around and hatton likes to mix it up

It all depends if Hatton can catch Floyd. If he can, then he'll make things tough on Floyd. But Floyd is SO much faster, and if he dances and sticks like he did against De La Hoya, Hatton has no chance.

I hope Hatton drills Mayweather, as I don't like PBF's style. He dances too much and punches too little.

Take care,
PK

It all depends if Hatton can catch Floyd. If he can, then he'll make things tough on Floyd. But Floyd is SO much faster, and if he dances and sticks like he did against De La Hoya, Hatton has no chance.

I hope Hatton drills Mayweather, as I don't like PBF's style. He dances too much and punches too little.

Take care,
PK
[/b]

In terms of hand speed i'd be willing to be they are about the same, and i think hatton packs a little more punch in his.

Things to worry about with ricky though is how prone he is to cutting on the face. I also dont care for floyd i think he's a douche bag as well, a cocky douche bag.

I'd have to agree.

It would be interesting to see the match up though. Anything could happen, but likely wont.

In terms of hand speed i'd be willing to be they are about the same, and i think hatton packs a little more punch in his.[/b]

I'll beg to differ on that. Mayweather has obscenely fast hands, faster than Hatton.

Take care,
PK

I'm not seeing Hatton coming near beating PBF. PBF's defence is the best P4p: head movement, angles, counter punches etc. he's almost untouchable and dangerous, plus of cource his hand speed and precision would be too much for Ricky.

Latest posts