Gavin

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Former Soviet Union
Club or Nation
Barbarians
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6107311,00.html

England centre Riki Flutey will leave Brive for London Wasps at the end of the season the French club confirmed on Wednesday.

After having played just five matches for CABCL, Flutey has been allowed to leave, despite having another year left on his contract.

"The club, the player and his agent have come to an agreement for an early departure," a club official told Rugbyrama.

So much for Munster wanting to sign Flutey to replace de Villers. Riki moving back to Wasps is a huge bonus for them, he will slot nicely back into the back-line and will give some good experience to the younger players of the squad.

Wonder how much his sallary for this year was - Not very good value for money on Brives account, only playing 5 games, he's as fragile as Wilkinson these days!

Good to see him back over this side of the channel though, makes his selection for the England squad a little more acceptable (a Kiwi living in France playing for England really made no sense)

Must say in 1 way I glad we didn't get him as he is injury prone,

But I respect him because Olyy you mention Salary and I can confirm Munster had alot more on table than Wasps and he decided to go to club that is his roots over money.

A club that's his roots? He barely spent 2 years there after jumping ship from Irish. And hewas only there for around 18 months.

He's had more clubs then Matt Dunning has had cream buns.

True but in Europe that is his home team, been a proud English man as he is :p

I suppose also he was with Irish before that. Missing London maybe?

Which isn't a million miles from London. I know I'm clutching at straws, but it's the best I've got right now :D

Latest posts