• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 10. Blues v Cheetahs

D

Dumbo

The rampant Blues after almost getting beaten by the Chiefs last week take on the Cheetahs at home.
The Blues sitting on top of the ladder will be looking forward to this game to concrete their position.
The loss of McAlister to the Blues shouldn’t be too much of a concern with Tuitupou showing last week that he is deed a force to be reckoned with.
Other injuries concerns for the Blues may be within Tony Woodcock and fingers crossed Troy Flavell should return for this game as well as his presence will be required to aid in dominating the Cheetahs forward pack.

With the Cheetahs sitting just under half way on the ladder you’d have to go with the Blues in this one.

Blues: 15 Ben Atiga, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Isaia Toeava, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Anthony Tuitavake, 10 Isa Nacewa, 9 Steve Devine, 8 Jerome Kaino, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Justin Collins, 5 Troy Flavell ©, 4 Ali Williams, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock

Replacements: 16 Derren Witcombe, 17 Nick White, 18 Greg Rawlinson, 19 Angus Macdonald, 20 David Gibson, 21 David Holwell, 22 Joe Rokocoko

Williams & Mealamu have been given a starting role with Smokin Joe earning a call-up to the bench. Must have been very hard for Nucifora to leave Rawlinson on the bench as he's been in tremendous form. Gus Collins takes over from Nick Williams with Kaino shifting back to 8. Flavell returns along with Devine.

Toeava has exceed expectations and is playing like a seasoned pro.

BLUES by 15.

I think its more of him living up to his expectations rather than exceeding.

People were always wondering why the hell he was chosen for the All Blacks at such a young age. Now people are beginning to see why.

I wonder if we'll get to see Flavell wear the #6 jersey in one of their upcoming games. Would be good to see how he would go there, especially with Rawlinson in good form. They would also have a tall lineout. Only thing I'm worried about is at the breakdown. Braid might not get as much support, but meh. Give it a shot!

Sadly for the Cheetahs, one All Black gets injured, and gets replaced by another All Black.

I'm still not sure about Kaino at #8. I don't like how he struggles really bad when their scrum gets pushed back. I'd like to see him handle the ball a lot better from the back of the scrum.

Jerome Kaino should be given a rest in one of our coming games. We need to start giving Nick Williams more game time.

Coming up after the Cheetahs, we face the Sharks here at Eden Park, then we travel to Cape Town to face the Stormers, Bulls in Pretoria and then finally the Force in Perth.

Maybe against the Sharks, Nucifora might wanna shift Flavell to 6 and bring N.Williams at 8. Give Kaino a rest. Rawlinson and A.Williams to partner at locks.

Cheetahs: 15 Bevin Fortuin, 14 Eddie Fredericks, 13 Marius Joubert, 12 Meyer Bosman, 11 Tiger Mangweni, 10 Herkie Kruger, 9 Michael Claassens, 8 Kabamba Floors, 7 Duane Vermeulen, 6 Heinrich Brussouw, 5 Corniel van Zyl, 4 Rory Duncan, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Hans van Dyk, 1 Ollie le Roux ©
Replacements: 16 Richardt Strauss, 17 Wian du Preez, 18 Dewald Senekal, 19 Bian Vermaak, 20 Falie Oelschig, 21 Willem de Waal, 22 Philip Burger

This could get ugly

Blues by 13+

Dont see why we don't have Rawlinson/A.Williams/Flavell at 4/5/6

And how long is Luke out for?

blues by 13+. can't see much hope for the cheetahs with the blues in the form they are.

About 4 weeks, he needs surgery.
[/b]
Back in time for the Semi-Finals I guess.

Blues by 13+ hopefully, they got their clanger out of the way last week, and if any other team is going to beat us it will be those redneck ******** who call themselves the Highlanders, would be nice if a South African team puts up a challenge this year, but seem to be as crap as ever when away from their beloved country, despite some decieving performances this year.

That try by Tuitavake is one of the best team tries you'll ever see

Impressive!

Toeava pretty much instigated all of the Blues tries in that match, he's pretty much screaming for a test spot

Toeava should be the 13 with his form. Best centre I've seen in the Super 14.

toeava....what a machine...hes only 21 people...bunce was 35 until he kicked ass..but ice has all the attributes of our best centres in the past years...its true and very evident at this level

graham henry is the greatest nz scout

Watched this game this morning and what a game, Blues played some attractive rugby and it was a disappointment there was no bonus point!

Also Ollie Le Roux was playin and what a monster he is!

I was drunk watching this........for me the jury is still out whether I think the Blues will do it this year.

i'm surprised ollie lasted as long as he did out there - plus he's been playing the game for what seems like an eternity

thought the blues did well to win this one comfortably they gave away alot of penalties - cheetahs did well to maul over in the end with their numbers - not too much ball for the cheetahs backs very scrappy game over all - some nice breaks and finishes by howlett & co

yer, Blues might find it a bit too tough against the Crusaders.. Their lineouts and scrums seem ok, but at the mauls, they were getting shutdown

Latest posts