• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11: Sharks v Blues

they are good but then look at the blues backs I know which backs i would have. if the blues can get enough ball for mcAlister to use then the blues should be able to win this in a close game. I can't really see the blues forwards getting smashed so badly that thereisn't enough ball for the backs to cut loose with. still sharks at home anything can hapen

Odds betting wise..

TAB Sportsbet

Blues to win $2.20 for every $1 bet
Sharks to win $1.60 for every $1 bet

SHARKS to play the Blues

15. Percy Montgomery
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. Adrian Jacobs
12. Andries Strauss
11. Cedric Mkhize
10. Tony Brown
9. Ruan Pienaar
8. AJ Venter
7. Jacques Botes
6. Warren Britz
5. Johann Muller
4. Johan Ackermann
3. BJ Botha
2. John Smit (Captain)
1. Deon Carstens

Reserves
16. Bismarck du Plessis
17. Heinke van der Merwe
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Keegan Daniel
20. Scott Mathie
21. Bradley Barritt
22. Brent Russell

History:

2005: Blues 36-20 Sharks
2004: Sharks 26-37 Blues (I was at this game)
2003: Blues 25-16 Sharks
2002: Sharks 20-13 Blues
2001: Blues 27-41 Sharks
2000: Sharks 19-30 Blues
1999: Blues 6-12 Sharks
1998: Sharks 24-8 Blues
1997: Blues 55-36 Natal (Semi)
1997: Blues 39-17 Natal
1996: Blues 45-21 Natal (Final)
1996: Natal 23-30 Blues

courtesy of www.sharksrugby.co.za

Head to Head:
Sharks: 1 - Deon Carstens, 2 - John Smit (captain), 3 - BJ Botha, 4 - Johan Ackermann, 5 - Johann Muller, 6 - Warren Britz, 7 - Jacques Botes, 8 - AJ Venter, 9 - Ruan Pienaar, 10 - Tony Brown, 11 - Cedric Mkhize, 12 - Andries Strauss, 13 - Adrian Jacobs, 14 - Odwa Ndungane, 15 - Percy Montgomery.
Reserves: 16 - Bismarck du Plessis, 17 - Heinke van der Merwe, 18 - Albert van den Berg, 19 - Keegan Daniel, 20 - Scott Mathie, 21 - Bradley Barritt, 22 - Brent Russell

Blues: 1 - Tony Woodcock, 2 - Keven Mealamu (Captain), 3 - John Afoa, 4 - Greg Rawlinson, 5 - Ali Williams, 6 - Anthony Boric, 7 - Daniel Braid, 8 - Nick Williams, 9 - John Senio, 10 - Luke McAlister, 11 - Joe Rokocoko, 12 - Isa Nacewa, 13 - Anthony Tuitavake, 14 - Doug Howlett, 15 - Brent Ward.
Reserves: 16 - Tim Dow, 17 - Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 - Jerome Kaino, 19 - Onosai'i Tololima-Auava'a, 20 - Junior Poluleuligaga, 21 - Ben Atiga, 22 - Viliame Waqaseduadua.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Looking at the Stats it looks like it's the Sharks turn to win (how's those stats! it's like ok we one last time so tis time you can win...).

Expect to see a hell of a battle in the front row (quality players on both sides) as well as a good match up with the locks (Ali needs to step up to show the AB selectors that he's still hungry). Think the Sharks lose forwards have the edge here (no Flavell and Kaino's starting on the bench).

The backline though I'm going for the Blues (and only slightly at that).
If the Sharks try a rushed defence approach they'll get cleaned up by the Blues 10 and 12 for sure... I think for the Sharks to win this one then defence will not be enough... they have find the Blues weakness and attack (finding that weakness though will be interesting - one area will be in the loose forwards I reackon... bet Ventor will be looking to have a crack aty the line).

Dumbo's going for the Blues by +9 (best of luck to the sharks though and lets hope for a quality game) due to the Sharks rushing the the Blues and McAlistair kicking over the top.

forward battle will be interesting. the sharks have some quality players in their team but the blues isn't bad either. I don't think either pack will really domiante the other and push them around. the key will be in the backs and that is where i see the blues miles ahead. the sharks will have to play well to contain the blues backs and get plenty of ball for their own backs to do score some points.

looking at the history it seems the games are often highscoring sometime only a few tries between the teams as well. I would be expecting more of the same with the blues backs proving the difference

I've said it time and time again ..... Ruan Peinaar needs to be the Springbok #9

The kid is phenomenal and will add alot to team that is not known for there attacking rugy........he's also the tallest bloody scrumhalf i think i've ever seen.

du Preez is a solid half-back but Peinaar has that X-factor that can change a match in an instant.

Anyway 12-5 Go Sharks!!

Wow! Sharks really ****** on the Blues didn't they! So much for all that talk from the aucklander mob...
Well this caps off my worst week of Tipping in S14 this year...

Well....that was an owning, 32-15.......bonus point to the Sharks keeps there semi final chances alive.

The Sharks forwards just monstered the Blues all match, McAlister played a Lavea type game and Nacewa was smashed every time he got the ball......... Ward was really the only decent player for the Blues.

M.O.T.M = Pienaar ,dont know why they benched him so ealy in the second half.

Just as I keep saying.

We always miss out because of a late season choke job against a South African team.

so true. especially after recent times where the starts to the seaons have not been good.

Sad day for Kiwi's when the best New Zealander on the day is playing for the opposition.... Shame on you Blues, shame on you

Great win for the sharks!

AJ Venter, Ruan Pienaar, Monty and BJ Botha are looking like good selections for the bok squad. even jon smit is playing pretty well these days...

Great win by the Sharks. :cheers: See Bulls??? That's how you beat the Blues. Bokean, "maak die Haaie almal Bokke" ;)

Bring on the Bulls, BRING IT ON :rahh:

Latest posts