• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12 - Cheetahs v Blues

D

Dumbo

The Cheetahs (ranked 10th) take on the Blues (ranked equal 8th) at home.
After the Blues performance last week in which they offered NOTHING could go down here in a big upset.

Blues by lots and lots.

After our late season choke job to a South African team, we always come out and blow the next one we play out of the park or vice versa.

After the way the Blues played last week im picking the Cheetahs to win this by 10.

This should be a very close game with margin at the end to be less than one converted try.
The Blues will be heading to much higher grounds (literally) in Bloemfontein. The Cheetahs will be looking to make ammends after their very poor start against the Chiefs. They will not be able to claw back that sort of a start against the Blues. The Cheetahs can only win if they stay close to or lead the Blues at half time.

My heart says "Jagluiperde". However, I believe the Blues will win this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cheetahs produced something special.

Yeah, it will be a close call! IMO, having the advantage of home ground and the possibility of lining up the standard team (compared to Blues), i think we have the edge! We need nevertheless 5 points if we still want to be in contest for a place in the semis (yeap, it`s still possible to make the semis) I`ll be there cheering a new victory (hopefully)!

We need an Aucklander in charge.

Record with an Aucklander calling the shots :

96 - 1st
97 - 1st
98 - 2nd (Would've been first if it wasn't for Cashmore)

Henry goes to Wales

99 - 02 - Dark Ages

Henry Comes back

03 - 1st

Henry Gets AB Job

04-06 - Turns to **** again.

I nominate Sambad.

very good point there ripper.

hopefull though the blues can pull off the win this win ad keep the faint semi hopes alive

Head to Head:
Vodacom Cheetahs: 15 Bevin Fortuin, 14 Giscard Pieters, 13 Ronnie Cooke, 12 Keith Lowen, 11 Gaffie du Toit, 10 Willem de Waal, 9 Falie Oelschig, 8 Ryno van der Merwe (captain), 7 Bian Vermaak, 6 Kabamba Floors, 5 Barend Pieterse, 4 Corniel van Zyl, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 Wian du Preez.
Replacements: 16 Ollie le Roux, 17 Os du Randt, 18 Hendro Scholtz, 19 Gareth Krause, 20 Michael Claassens, 21 Meyer Bosman, 22 Eddie Fredericks.

Blues: 15 Brent Ward, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Anthony Tuitavake, 12 Isa Nacewa, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Luke McAlister, 9 Junior Poluleuligaga, 8 Nick Williams, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Ali Williams, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu (captain), 1 Tony Woodcock.
Replacements: 16 Tim Dow, 17 Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 Anthony Boric, 19 Onosai'I Tololima-Auava'a , 20 John Senio, 21 Ben Atiga, 22 George Pisi.
-------------------------------------------
Even... very even

Half Time Cheetahs 25 Blues 20.......great game

Even though the Cheetahs are in front , they better get there defence sorted out coz they're just standing off the Blues runners and if they keep doing that they'll get torched.

ps. How good was that 60m drop goal from Gaffie du Toit......amazing!

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 29 2006, 02:56 PM
I didn't think SH players were allowed to kick drop goals? ;)

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Apr 30 2006, 01:12 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Apr 29 2006, 02:56 PM
I didn't think SH players were allowed to kick drop goals? ;) [/b]
South African teams generally play a more NH style you see... which is why they never win the S12/14 ;) .

What a GAME!!!!!!!! 34-35 to the Blues.........what the hell was Liebenberg doing celebrating before he touched the ball down :wall:....... he needed to get it closer to the sticks to give Bosman a better chance to win the game.

What an idiot

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 29 2006, 10:17 PM-->
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 30 2006, 01:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Apr 29 2006, 02:56 PM

I didn't think SH players were allowed to kick drop goals? ;)
South African teams generally play a more NH style you see... which is why they never win the S12/14 ;) . [/b]
Hahaha very true

The only reason he went for the drop goal was because they had the advantage......... and if anyone can kick a 60m drop goal no matter where they're from i'll be very impressed.

Cheetahs really should have won that game... they scored that many tries it wasn't funny! ... Oh well, I guess it just highlights the importance of having a top class kicker at this level.

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 28 2006, 08:04 AM

96 - 1st
97 - 1st

Henry goes to Wales

99 - 02 - Dark Ages

Henry Comes back

03 - 1st

Henry Gets AB Job

I nominate Sambad.
You know, technically Henry's not an Aucklander, being born in Canterbury and all :lol:

yep!...he is an honoury aucklander now hahaha

what a game!...good to see kaino back,add to the allblack selection problems

Originally posted by Zambaman+Apr 30 2006, 10:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Apr 28 2006, 08:04 AM

96 - 1st
97 - 1st

Henry goes to Wales

99 - 02 - Dark Ages

Henry Comes back

03 - 1st

Henry Gets AB Job

I nominate Sambad.
You know, technically Henry's not an Aucklander, being born in Canterbury and all :lol: [/b]
Yeah, but he's done all his coaching in Auckland - rising up through the Auckland Secondary Schools where he made his name... and must Cantabs see him as biased towards Aucklanders (But of course Robbie Deans and his puppet Mitchell weren't biased...)

Latest posts