• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12: Crusaders v Hurricanes

D

Dumbo

The Crusaders (sitting on top of the ladder) take on the Canes (sitting around 8th) in Christchurch.
The Canes were non to convincing against the Cheetahs while the Crusaders put one over the Highlanders last week.
For mine this will be a tight game with the Canes outstanding lose forward trio putting a lot of pressure on the Crusaders.
I can’t see the Canes taking it out though but am sure they will lift big time for this game.
However if the Canes can maintain a high level of defence and sneak in a few tries here and there the game should be decided in the last 20 mins.

I'd love for the canes to win, but the Crusaders seem too strong. They've totally dominated in their last 2 outings.
The canes have finally got themselves some wins, but I don't think it will continue here.

Will be interesting to see Carter vs Weepu lol
The loose forward trio match up would be awesome to watch.

Crusaders should win comfortably.

if the canes lose they are pretty much out of the competition. History is definatly not on their side either, they havnt lost in ages.

I'm not writting off the Canes, man on man there's a possibility of sme good match ups here.
Ma'greedy on Mauger, possibly Tana on Laulala, Gear on Gear?, Mose on Rodney... think this will be a close one indeed.

Ahhh, the two finalists of the first 2006 Super 14. This could be a close one but as always, Crusaders will be favourites like in almost any other game. I have a feeling that this could be the end of the Hurricanes but I'd have to agree with Jerry Collins...'the Crusaders can be beaten'.

Good luck boys...

Go the Hurricanes

Go the Hurricanes Go!!!!

Go the Hurricanes Go!!!!

Go the Hurricanes Go!!!!

:bana: :bana: :bana:

Go the Hurricanes Go!!!!

Go the Hurricanes Go!!!!

Canes will smash the Crusaders at 'Fortress Jade'.

Hurricanes by 15.

Crusaders:
15 Leon MacDonald
14 Rico Gear
13 Casey Laulala
12 Rua Tipoki
11 Caleb Ralph
10 Daniel Carter
9 Andrew Ellis
8 Mose Tuiali'i
7 Richard McCaw (captain)
6 Kieran Read
5 Reuben Thorne
4 Ross Filipo
3 Ben Franks
2 Corey Flynn
1 Wyatt Crockett.

Reserves: Scott Hamilton, Stephen Brett, Kevin Senio, Johnny Leo'o, Issac Ross, Cammpbell Johnstone, Ti'i Paulo.

HURRICANES: 15 Cory Jane, 14 Shannon Paku, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 Hosea Gear, 10 Piri Weepu, 9 Alby Mathewson; 8 Rodney So'oialo ©, 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Jason Eaton, 4 Paul ***o/Luke Andrews, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 John Schwalger. Reserves: 16 Tone Kopelani, 17 Anthony Perenise, 18 Andrews/Bernie Upton, 19 Serge Lilo, 20 Jimmy Gopperth, 21 David Smith, 22 Tana Umaga.

Will be a tough one, but with there lack of consistancy at the pivot will prove costly.

Crusaders by 12 :mellow:

crusaders in good form and the hurricanes have weepu at 10. crusaders will simply destroy the canes and win by 13+ putting the canes out of there misery for another year. plenty of ab's on both teams so look for some big hits and great one on one match ups.

Fulltime

Crusaders win 23-13

Tries to Flynn & Filipo, Carter 2 con, 3 pen

For Hurricanes try to Nonu, Weepu 1 con 2 pen, Nonu yellow card

I think he is OK, confidently I think there is no major injury. I was listening to the radio this morning and they reported that he was fine and 'moving' after experiencing numbness in his shoulder and arm. But that was a huge concern last night not only for welly but for the whole of nzl rugby. The jade stadium crowd cheered and applaused with respect for jerry as he was strechered off the field. That's a great feeling.

read on tvnz that he did have full movement after tests at the hosptial. hopefully no serious damage and that he will back soon.

Latest posts