• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12 - Stormers v Crusaders

D

Dumbo

The Stormers (ranked 12) take on the Crusaders (top of the ladder)… after the Crusaders last effort against the Force (and if that form continues) the Stormers should be able to take this one out without raising a sweat. I’m serious… I may have a gay sig but I’m serious.

That is the shakiest I have seen the Crusaders all year when they played the Force. They are heading to the home of the Stormers, who may have just found some belief and confidence in themselves just before they head back to play under the watchful eye of some of the most fickle yet die hard fans in the Super 14 competition (I can never figure them out).

I feel that this one may get close, But I'd say the Crusaders by less than 9 points.

Well this may be the Cryusaders first defeat this year.....

They are only getting their wins because a lot of the teams have not been up to standard this year.....any other year and the Crusaders would probably be in third place at the moment.

I see worrying signs for the Crusaders up ahead............they look like they are yet to play a whole 80 minute performance that reaches their past standards. I fear that another team may "click" first before the playoffs and carry that winning edge all the way to the ***le.

the force was a bump in the road. that was proabbly the crusaders worst performance all year. there is no possible way they can play that badly again. crusaders to bounce back from last week and get a comfortable win by about 10 points or so

McCaw and Carter on bench for Crusaders
27 April 2006 

Star All Blacks Richie McCaw and Daniel Carter have been benched for the Crusaders' Super 14 rugby match against the Stormers at Cape Town on Sunday morning.

In-form fullback Leon MacDonald has also been named among a star-studded reserve list, in one of seven changes from the team who were stunned to draw 23-23 with the Western Force in Perth last weekend.

Coach Robbie Deans has had no problem removing the leading All Blacks, although the tight five is strengthened by the inclusion of lock Chris Jack and prop Greg Somerville.

Jack and Brad Mika both come in to replace the locking pair of Ross Filipo and Kevin O'Neill while Johnny Leo'o will replace McCaw on the openside flank. Reuben Thorne takes over the captaincy from McCaw.

Carter's No. 10 jersey goes to Cameron McIntyre while halfback Kenio Senio comes in for Andrew Ellis.

The resting of MacDonald results in a reshuffle of the outside backs. Casey Laulala comes in at centre, with Caleb Ralph moving to the left Wing and Scott Hamilton shifting back to fullback.

Ralph will make his 100th appearance for the Crusaders in his 109th Super rugby match.

Deans said Ralph's feat of not having missed a game for eight seasons was something that may never be repeated.

"He's the first to have done it and that's indicative of how remarkable it is," Deans said.

The 28-year-old began his unbroken run of matches for the Crusaders at the start of the 1999 season after transferring from the Blues.

Since then he has played in every game and has started in 97 of those 100 matches.
[/b]

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3649955a1823,00.html

Head to Head:
Vodacom Stormers: 15 Joe Pietersen, 14 Rayno Benjamin, 13 Marius Joubert, 12 De Wet Barry (captain), 11 Jean de Villiers, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Neil de Kock, 8 Joe van Niekerk, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Luke Watson, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Ross Skeate, 3 Eddie Andrews, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 JD Moller.
Replacements: 16 Hanyani Shimange, 17 Neil Fullard, 18 Gerrie Britz, 19 Adri Badenhorst, 20 Bolla Conradie, 21 Naas Olivier, 22 Chumani Booi.

Crusaders: 15 Scott Hamilton, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 Aaron Mauger, 11 Caleb Ralph, 10 Cameron McIntyre, 9 Kevin Senio, 8 Mose Tuiali'i, 7 Johnny Leo'o, 6 Reuben Thorne (captain), 5 Brad Mika, 4 Chris Jack, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Greg Somerville.
Replacements: 16 Tone Kopelani, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Craig Clarke, 19 Tanerau Latimer, 20 Andrew Ellis, 21 Daniel Carter, 22 Leon MacDonald.
--------------------------------------------------------
What going on? the Crusaders almost get pumped byt he Force and they field this line up?

Despite the way it sounds and unbelieveable as it might be, Crusaders can finish seventh and Stormers fourth at the end of the regular season! It`s statistics! Crusaders can lose all remaining games while Stormers can win all! They can start from this game! Yeap, it`s pure theory, it`s math chances but, if there is still a hope, let`s play the ball ! :D

Last weeks hiccup for the Crusaders is just going to make them stronger. Deans would have given them a right kick up the arse. I'm picking the Crusaders will pass 50 this week.

Bold call 50+, but Crusaders never play badly two weeks in a row, easy enough bonus point victory here I think.

1:36 7-0 to stormers

thats why hookers dont pass intercept try to de wet barry

edit

28:30 13 - 3 stormers

these commentators suck took them 7 minutes to realise that senio came off for some unkown reason, then when he came back on they are calling him ellis after calling ellis senio

crazy

:zzz: Yawning my head off watching the game. Twice in two days. 13 - 3 Stormers Half Tyd.

Stormers win 28-15 :lol: ........ was i the only one who picked the Stormers to win?

I think teams are starting to figure out how to beat them...... they seem really predictable and struggle without turnover ball

This result gives the Tahs a great chance to finish in top spot and get that all important home final.

Crusaders tonight =
poop.jpg

For those who watched the game; did the crusaders play as poorly as the score suggests?

Woooohooooo go you Stormers!!!
Serves them right for resting players.
The Tahs are in with a shot at a home final this year.

tough road home for the crusaders now....they will be playin the bulls and brumbies away from home.....

but the crusaders are a champion team and im sure they will bounce back against the bulls....
we still havent seen a complete performance from the crusaders this season...we might see it against the bulls....deans is surely livid at the moment.

Latest posts