• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12 - Stormers v Crusaders

Originally posted by phoenix@Apr 30 2006, 04:09 AM
For those who watched the game; did the crusaders play as poorly as the score suggests?
Stormers played really well, Crusaders were just outplayed.(again)

tough road home for the crusaders now....they will be playin the bulls and brumbies away from home.....
[/b]

They play the Brumbies at home

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 30 2006, 04:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-phoenix
@Apr 30 2006, 04:09 AM
For those who watched the game; did the crusaders play as poorly as the score suggests?
Stormers played really well, Crusaders were just outplayed.(again)
[/b]
They rested a couple players though didn't they? I know McCaw was one, but who else? In any case it's not a good sign for them if resting just a couple players sees them lose...

They rested the best 5/8 in the World also so that didn't help. By the time he came on it was all over.

Originally posted by aussie1st@Apr 30 2006, 04:24 PM
They rested the best 5/8 in the World also so that didn't help. By the time he came on it was all over.
Nevertheless... I still expected more from the Crusaders to be honest. Mind you, the Tahs struggled over there with no Rogers, but still beat the Stormers in a close one... they played attrociously against the Bulls though.

Originally posted by aussie1st@Apr 30 2006, 01:24 PM
The game was over my arse

Carter and Mcdonald came on at half time with the score at 13-3, if they were good enough they could have easily won the game.

:blink: Well done Mountain Goats... :bravo: Me thinks the Crusaders are going to have a rough time in Pretoria as well.

I didn't see the game but I've never like Deans since he cost us a Super 12 ***le against the Brumbies a few years ago when he played McIntyre instead of Mehrtens.

I knew resting players against the Stormers would bite them in the ass.

Originally posted by Mehrtsisagod@Apr 30 2006, 09:03 PM
I didn't see the game but I've never like Deans since he cost us a Super 12 ***le against the Brumbies a few years ago when he played McIntyre instead of Mehrtens.
That was a shocker of a match for the Saders! Didn't the Brumbies score 5 or so tries in the space of 15 minutes or something in that game?

yeah they were 30 or so points up after 20 mins, brin on merts and we came back was a close game in the end but brumbies won

that is also why i hate ben blair he had the worst game of anyone in a grand final of any sport.

couldnt catch a ball to save himself

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 30 2006, 10:56 PM
that is also why i hate ben blair he had the worst game of anyone in a grand final of any sport.

and for some reason he decided to remind everyone of that ability against the Tahs Friday night... man he gives me the shits, he needs to go back to Buller.

I've always liked Ben Blair... He just keeps screwing me over all the time with his "brain explosions".... Or lack of opposable thumbs.

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 30 2006, 11:08 PM
I've always liked Ben Blair... He just keeps screwing me over all the time with his "brain explosions".... Or lack of opposable thumbs.
LOL - it's funny coz it's true haha

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 30 2006, 09:56 PM
yeah they were 30 or so points up after 20 mins, brin on merts and we came back was a close game in the end but brumbies won

Apparently you didn't see Chris Walker's defence in the 2004 NRL GF...

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 30 2006, 11:46 PM
aparently i dont care
Hey, just trying to put things into perspective! There's bad, and there's Chris Walker... :wall:

yeah i dont even know who was in the 2004 grand final. if it wasnt parramatta i wouldnt have watched it as i was working night shift back then. and i happened to start at 10pm when the game kicked off about that on a sunday night (i hate the sunday night grand finals i loved it when it was the afternoon)

i saw the knights eels and the warriors roosters. also another one not last year but the year b4 in taupo. could have been the game you are talking about but i have no idea who was playing or what happened (i spent 200 bucks on alcahol, but not all of it was for me)

i never miss a super final though, even if the blues are in it

Originally posted by woosaah@May 1 2006, 10:50 AM
if it wasnt parramatta i wouldnt have watched it as i was working night shift back then
Hey a fellow Eels fan, who would have known? Good work.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 30 2006, 06:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-aussie1st
@Apr 30 2006, 01:24 PM
The game was over my arse

Carter and Mcdonald came on at half time with the score at 13-3, if they were good enough they could have easily won the game. [/b]
Giving the Stormers at start at home means defeat. Who knows what would have happened if Carter started they might still have been down but Carter would have been into the game rather than trying to get with the flow of the game.

Latest posts