• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 13: Sharks v Lions

D

Dumbo

The Sharks (ranked 3rd on the ladder) take on the Lions (ranked 11th) in Durban.
After being beaten by the Chiefs in NZ the Sharks will be looking to get some more points under their belt to secure their spot and Lions will be looking to through a spanner in the works.

I’m 50/50 on this one, never know what the lions are going to do next.

It`ll be a typical blood and thunder local derby, with the only bonus points up for grabs for staying within 7 points.

The Lions and the Sharks have both been at their best up front, and this is where the battle will be won and lost. I`m leaning towards a Sharks victory. With the Bulls taking out the Blues in Pretoria, a win here will move the Sharks up to 2nd spot, and a definite home semi.

i dont think we will go two games without a win again to be honest but ill need to see the teams before i can accurately comment but i can see sharks giving these lions a lekker whooping

It`ll be a typical blood and thunder local derby, with the only bonus points up for grabs for staying within 7 points.

The Lions and the Sharks have both been at their best up front, and this is where the battle will be won and lost. I`m leaning towards a Sharks victory. With the Bulls taking out the Blues in Pretoria, a win here will move the Sharks up to 2nd spot, and a definite home semi.
[/b]

Don't be too confident that the Sharks will get a home semi even though the Blues lose. If it does happen, then the maximum points that the Sharks will lead over the Blues on the points table, will only be by 3 or even 1 if the Blues gain 0 or 2 points in their lost. Then there will be a decider for the home semi in the last round.

Oh and by the way...

Sharks to win by 10 :)

Nah, the Sharks are guaranteed 5 points, and a healthy points difference, next week against the Stormers. We usually give up and take it in round 13 against local opposition who are in with a semi shout, like last year`s 43-10 vs the Bulls, when they needed 5 points and a +33 points diff, and the 75-14 return the previous year in the same circumstances. The Blues meanwhile, will b facing the slightly stiffer challenge of the rampant Crusaders in round 13, hence my confidence in a home semi for the Sharks.

Nah, the Sharks are guaranteed 5 points, and a healthy points difference, next week against the Stormers. We usually give up and take it in round 13 against local opposition who are in with a semi shout, like last year`s 43-10 vs the Bulls, when they needed 5 points and a +33 points diff, and the 75-14 return the previous year in the same circumstances. The Blues meanwhile, will b facing the slightly stiffer challenge of the rampant Crusaders in round 13, hence my confidence in a home semi for the Sharks.
[/b]

:huh: Ah actually the Blues have already beaten the Crusaders in the very first round of the competition. The Blues will be playing the Force not in round 13 but round 14 of the competition.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

:huh: Ah actually the Blues have already beaten the Crusaders in the very first round of the competition. The Blues will be playing the Force not in round 13 but round 14 of the competition.
[/b][/quote]

Sorry, my mistake. I blame society for this. Or alcohol, the greatest killer of functioning brain cells. And I reckon you`re right- the Blues will end up 4th on the log and face the top-placed Crusaders in round 14.......

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Sorry, my mistake. I blame society for this. Or alcohol, the greatest killer of functioning brain cells. And I reckon you`re right- the Blues will end up 4th on the log and face the top-placed Crusaders in round 14.......
[/b][/quote]

:lol: like I even thought they'll lose their 2 remaining games. I bet ya they'll end up 2nd on the table.

Lions: 15 Earl Rose, 14 Louis Ludik, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Jaco Pretorius, 11 Jaco van Schalkwyk, 10 André Pretorius ©, 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Jacques Cronjé, 7 Ernst Joubert, 6 Cobus Grobbelaar, 5 Geo Cronjé, 4 Cobus Grobler, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Willie Wepener, 1 Heinke van der Merwe.
Replacements: 16 Ethienne Reynecke, 17 Bertus Smit, 18 Franco van der Merwe, 19 Willem Alberts, 20 Doppies la Grange, 21 Louis Strydom, 22 Colin Lloyd.

I think the Sharks will run away with this game. They need five points from this game after losing against the Chiefs last week. If they lose they have big problems.

The only happy people heading back to Johannesburg after this game will be the Gauteng based Sharks supporters. The Sharks should win this one comfortably, gaining a four try bonus point on the way.

15. Percy Montgomery
14. Francois Steyn
13. Waylon Murray
12. Bradley Barritt
11. JP Pietersen
10. Butch James
9. Ruan Pienaar
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. AJ Venter
6. Jacques Botes
5. Johann Muller
4. Johan Ackermann
3. Deon Carstens
2. John Smit (Capt)
1. Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements
16. Bismarck du Plessis
17. BJ Botha
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Warren Britz
20. Bob Skinstad
21. Rory Kockott
22. Adrian Jacobs

Someone who is getting better everygame gets swapped with someone who cant catch a ball. I would have given Adi a chance aswell, how many tackles does he have to break before he gets a start. Will be good to see how Frans copes on the wing

Sharks have destiny in their own hands. Geez going to be tough for 3 and 4 Crusaders at home and Sharks at home.

Sharks have destiny in their own hands. Geez going to be tough for 3 and 4 Crusaders at home and Sharks at home.
[/b]

Here's what I think will happen:

Blues: they've got to beat the Force to guarantee they make the semis.
Bulls: they will definitely beat the Reds to make the semis either in 3rd or 4th place.
Chiefs: I don't think they will beat the Crusaders at Jade.
Brumbies: If Blues and Chiefs lose, this would be a great chance for them to book a semi spot, playing
the Highlanders.
Force: They have to win big against the Blues and gain a 4 try bonus point and have a big points difference
If any of the above teams win, then there is no point of winning big.

Anyhow I think the Bulls and Blues will make up the final spots. But if the Blues lose...things could be very interesting.

Latest posts