• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14: Bulls v Reds

holy crap!! i couldn't believe the scoreline when i woke up this morning!! what a hiding!! haha poor reds!! poor chiefs for missing out, but well done bulls for getting the other home semi!!

but yeah you're right you can never write off the wallabies particularly with the world cup

Bloody amazing scoreline!!! When the floodgates open it can be quite tough keeping your defence tight....but the Bulls showed they have the mentality to kill absolutely....incredible!

Honestly....I can't believe the Reds could drop that low.

Now we have the Sharks and the Bulls from South Africa. The Sharks who are twice finalists as well as the Bulls who are three times semifinalists. The two most successful South African sides in super rugby.

Their opponents.....the Crusaders and the Blues......do we even need an introduction to the exploit of these two teams. The two most successful franchises in Super rugby.

Sa vs NZ. Except this time the semis will be played in South Africa! This is the toughest rugby of all!

Will this be the beginning of an era. Out of all the 12 semis that the Blues and Crusaders combined have played they have never lost a single semi. Both franchises accept that if they make it to the playoffs then it is their birthright to be in the final.

No South African team has ever beaten a NZ team in a semifinal. The biggest upset was the Stormers losing in 1999 at home....a game they were overwhelming favourites to win considering the Highlanders had to travel. However will this be the beginning of a new era?

The Sharks beat the Blues this year while the Crusaders took care of the Bulls....but this time we are not playing in NZ.

Already though this has been a year of changes in the rugby climate:
- first time a South African team has ended up on top...and two at that.
- Bulls win in Canberra, Sydney and Dunedin...normally unheard of in previous years.
- Sharks win in Auckland. Ok so it wasn't Eden Park but still it was in Auckland.

It just takes one of the two S.A teams to win to have the final for the first time ever in South Africa! This would be amazing for the sport over there.

What a bloody f.ucking disgrace.

Anyway congratulations to the Bulls. See you in the finals.

Just got back from Barcelona - no rugby on TV. What the fark has happened to this competition?

SA are now favourites for the RWC :bana: :cheers: :bleh!:

Just got back from Barcelona - no rugby on TV. What the fark has happened to this competition?

[/b]

It's a good win but I don't think this makes SA favourites for the RWC, the favorites had been picked long before hand but just because there's a lot of focus in that part doesn't mean the rest of the world aren't competing in the RWC.

I have noticed in several articles, some NZ players being referred to as 'tired or lethargic' and this morning I spoke to a mate of mine in NZ who mentioned it as well. My gut says all South African final. Both the Blues and 'saders are coming off two consecutive losses. The Crusader management had probably not even thought about buying tickets to SA until the 60th minute at Loftus and I'm sure anyone who's travelled from NZ will tell us that it's not the most funktastic journey ever.

The Bulls lost in Christchurch yes but won the last three times at home. The added comfort, and the fact that the boys will have drawn an enourmous amount of self belief from this little coup they staged on the S14 with the help from the reds, will give the Bulls the edge. As for the Sharks, we'll, let's just say I don't think they'll be the ones singing the Blues on saturday either.

Can't wait

WOW, what an impressive performance :bravo:... man i'm just bloody glad there were no Wallabies playing for the Reds in this game.... wouldn't have been a great sign ahead of the RWC :lol:

Obviously i was ****** that the Brumbies missed out on the finals (i reckon they would have gone on to win it) but as soon as it became apparent that the Reds had no chance (like 3 seconds into the match) i was cheering for the Bulls to get that home semi and show the Kiwiz how to host a proper final.

I really hope the Bulls go on and win it from here. It would be great for the competition and long overdue for a team with such a massive loyal fan base.

Reds fans shouldn't be too concerned, yeah they got a severe rogering but it was just one of those games where everything went right for the Bulls, and with nothing to play for - all they could do is just go through the motions and wait for the final siren.

Thankfully we'll never have to watch a Reds team like that again. When you add players like Latham,McMeniman, Cordingley,C.Brown,Roe,Blake,Holmes,Coutts, Ioane,Johansson,Houston and Mowen to the team next year, they should be a very competitive side.... maybe top half.

[/b]
But I thought Australia were the favourites when One out of 4 Australian Teams beat One of Five New Zealand Franchises?

[/b]

But the RWC isn't being played in Sth Africa :p
They're an awesome team at home. And will probably win the S14, but a RWC in France. That's an even bigger step.

NZ had 3 teams in the S14 semis in 2003. We couldn't win the RWC.
NZ won the S14 in 99. We didn't win the RWC.
So success in the Super14 doesn't really mean success at the World Cup.

This years Tri-Nations will be tough.

i read on xtra that Fourie du Preez is battling with a double shoulder injury and could be in doubt for the semi. if he is than it will be a huge blow for the bulls.

dan carter will be flying with the crusaders to sa but it is too early to say if he will start in the semi.

Love your work Wally.

Agree with you, if it wasn't for the other 15 players taking the field for the Bulls the Reds would have blitzed them, no doubt about it.

Wally that performace by the Reds was a bloody disgrace.

Wally that performace by the Reds was a bloody disgrace.
[/b]
I didn't know you were watching, but I can see how your mum and sister picked up the nick name.

Latest posts