• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14- Reds v Highlanders

D

Dumbo

The Reds (12th on the ladder) take on the Highlanders (ranked 9th), to late for both these teams to get a semi-birth so they’ll both be playing for pride. The Reds showed last week that they can take on any team if there mind is on the job, the Highlanders showed that they can be giant killers.

Reds: 15 Julian Huxley, 14 Drew Mitchell, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Andrew Brown, 11 Peter Hynes, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Mitchell Chapman, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Tom McVerry, 20 Nic Berry, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Tim Atkinson

Latham out, Huxley and Johansson return

Highlanders to win 16-12

One try in the match. Big Carl will get it again, because he's my man...He just doesn't know it..

*sigh*... Someday...

Sucked in Drew Mitchell. Why the **** wouldn't you start Johansson? Miller, go fall down a recently mowed hill.

I'm only watching this game because it's being played in Townsville.

Only reason I'm watching this is to see how the Red's scrum goes against the best in the business.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 9 2006, 10:31 AM
Reds: 15 Julian Huxley, 14 Drew Mitchell, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Andrew Brown, 11 Peter Hynes, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Mitchell Chapman, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Tom McVerry, 20 Nic Berry, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Tim Atkinson

Latham out, Huxley and Johansson return
and the Highlanders:

Highlanders: 15 Ben Blair, 14 Ben Smith, 13 Neil Brew, 12 Seilala Mapusua, 11 Richard Kahui, 10 Callum Bruce, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Craig Newby, 7 Josh Blackie, 6 Hoani MacDonald, 5 Filipo Levi, 4 Kane Thompson, 3 Carl Hayman, 2 Anton Oliver (captain), 1 Clarke Dermody.
Replacements: 16 Jason Macdonald, 17 Chris King, 18 Tim Boys, 19 Hale T-Pole, 20 Chris Smylie, 21 Ryan Bambry, 22 Roy Kinikinilau.

Same-same

Originally posted by aussie1st@May 11 2006, 07:04 PM
Only reason I'm watching this is to see how the Red's scrum goes against the best in the business.
In an article about Clarke Dermody in the rugby News, he said that in every scrum against any team they go out to smash the opposition scrum. Because they believe they are the best. Great attitude, I just wish we had backs to play off our great platform.

The Highlanders front row should start against Ireland!

Originally posted by kaftka@May 12 2006, 11:22 PM
f*** f*** f***... C'mon Highlanders.
Ah FFS!!!!!!!!

Man that sucked, both teams emphatically showing which end of the bloody table they are at :wall:

Good win by the Reds. Their attack was quite brillant early on. Rodzilla was all over the place. Reds scrum faired better than the Tahs and Brumbies ones so I would think we may have our front row for the wallabies.

Originally posted by kaftka+May 13 2006, 02:58 PM-->
Originally posted by dobrien7@May 12 2006, 11:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
@May 12 2006, 11:22 PM

Ah FFS!!!!!!!!

Man that sucked, both teams emphatically showing which end of the bloody table they are at :wall:
Bring on the NPC... [/b]
I wish Aus had a Union comp like the NPC, or NRL rather... Have it eminating from Sydney with teams from every major city included. 5 teams in NSW 3 in Qld, 1 in the ACT, 1 from Victoria, 1 from SA and 1 from WA. Would be very cool.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 13 2006, 04:53 PM-->
Originally posted by kaftka@May 13 2006, 02:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka

Ah FFS!!!!!!!!

Bring on the NPC...
I wish Aus had a Union comp like the NPC, or NRL rather... Have it eminating from Sydney with teams from every major city included. 5 teams in NSW 3 in Qld, 1 in the ACT, 1 from Victoria, 1 from SA and 1 from WA. Would be very cool. [/b]
Yeah, but Australia sucks...

Go MAGPIES!!!

Originally posted by kaftka+May 13 2006, 04:05 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 13 2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by kaftka@May 13 2006, 02:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka

Ah FFS!!!!!!!!

Bring on the NPC...

I wish Aus had a Union comp like the NPC, or NRL rather... Have it eminating from Sydney with teams from every major city included. 5 teams in NSW 3 in Qld, 1 in the ACT, 1 from Victoria, 1 from SA and 1 from WA. Would be very cool.
Yeah, but Australia sucks...
[/b]
YEAH! At everything except sport :p .

the new npc is soo gay..coz southland wont be playing welly..and i'll never be able to get tana's autograph...i shoulda got it when i had the chance ffs :(

Originally posted by kaftka@May 13 2006, 04:05 PM
Go MAGPIES!!!
So, you're a Collingwood supporter in the AFL? Good to see I'm not the only one.................... :D

Oh and well done to the reds, its good that they've finished in the way that they have.

Latest posts