• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 14- Stormers v Bulls

D

Dumbo

The Stormers (ranked equal 10) take on the Bulls (ranked equal 5th) at home… the Bulls are chasing down a semi spot while the boys from the Cape will be looking to keep them out… anther very interesting game…

Bulls can still make it but in order to do so they have to beat the **** out of Kaapstaders :D (and of cousre, no bonus point for Brumbies)

I'd be realy happy to watch two Saffa teams beat the **** out of each other!
I'd say the the Stormers won't be a walk over though... not at all

That`s for sure ! I don`t think Bulls even consider the posibility of still making the semis!

With the fan base they have - they'd have to rassie (where's bull - HEART!).
Has the potential of being the game of the round

Bulls need a win by more than 45 points if i`m not mistaken! Can`t see that happen !

Stormers team to play the Bulls @ Newlands

Team: 15. Johan Pietersen, 14. Chumani Booi, 13. Marius Joubert, 12. De Wet Barry (Captain), 11. Jean de Villiers, 10. Peter Grant, 9. Neil de Kock, 8. Joe van Niekerk, 7. Schalk Burger Jnr, 6. Luke Watson, 5. Andries Bekker, 4. Ross Skeate, 3. Eddie Andrews, 2. Schalk Brits, 1. JD Moller

Replacements: 16. Hanyani Masana Shimange, 17. Neil Fullard, 18. Gerrie Britz, 19. Adri Badenhorst, 20. Bolla Conradie, 21. Naas Olivier, 22. Rayno Benjamin

Bulls team to Play to Stomers

Team: 15. Jaco van der Westhuyzen, 14. Bryan Habana, 13. JP Nel, 12. Wynand Olivier, 11. Frikkie Welsh, 10. Morne Steyn, 9. Fourie Du Preez, 8. Pedrie Wannenburg, 7. Tim Dlulane, 6. Jacques Cronje, 5. Victor Matfield (Captain), 4. Francois van Schouwenburg, 3. Danie Thiart, 2. Gary Botha, 1. Wessel Roux

Replacements: 16. Jan Adriaan Strauss, 17. Jaco Engels, 18. Danie Rossouw, 19. Pierre Spies, 20. Bakkies Botha, 21. Heini Adams, 22. Akona Ndungane

Somehow I don't think the Bulls will repeat 75 - 14, I expect them to win, say by 14 points.

Previous S12 season, Bulls won by 75 to 14 in Pretoria! The Kaapstaders were destroyed!

Bulls need now a win by at least 45 points in order to qualify for the semis - and of course, no bonus point for Brumbies!

Originally posted by Rassie@May 12 2006, 07:05 AM
Previous S12 season, Bulls won by 75 to 14 in Pretoria! The Kaapstaders were destroyed!

Bulls need now a win by at least 45 points in order to qualify for the semis - and of course, no bonus point for Brumbies!
chances are just between nul and f8ckall :lol:

Yeah, very true, in statistics they are sayin 1% :D

Anyway, if Crusaders smash Brumbies by 40 points (more likely than Bulls to put 40 over Stormers anyway), then Bulls only need to win 5 points in Kaapstad !

But, as you`ve mentioned before, this is smth between nil and farkall or 1% :D

So what winning margin do the Bulls need gainst the Stormers to get into the semis????

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 13 2006, 10:20 AM
So what winning margin do the Bulls need gainst the Stormers to get into the semis????
From the look of this about 36 points I think?

2006 Super 14 Table For/Against/Points/Difference
Crusaders 412 210 51 +212
Waratahs 348 173 8 44 +175
Hurricanes 12 308 212 7 43 +96
Sharks 361 297 10 38 +64
Brumbies 326 269 4 38 +57
Bulls 312 280 7 33 +32

Are you serious? .................I've been watching the FA Cup final and missed it.

Congrats Bulls :bravo:

EDIT: 43-10 :eek: Wow , i hope they smash the Crusaders

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 14 2006, 04:53 AM
Are you serious? .................I've been watching the FA Cup final and missed it.

Congrats Bulls :bravo:

EDIT: 43-10 :eek: Wow , i hope they smash the Crusaders
Bloody amazing! Talk about determination!!!!!!

Now they can have a chanc at redemption....payback....revenge.....

yeah amazing stuff. a mathmatical chance only at the begining of the week and now they are in the semis.

Bulls clinch semifinal spot (courtesy of tvnz.co.nz)

May 14, 2006

The Bulls produced a stellar performance to claim an unlikely Super 14 semi-final place by beating the Stormers 43-10 at Newlands on Sunday.

They will meet the Canterbury Crusaders, the defending champions, in a semi-final in Christchurch next weekend.

Going into the match, the Bulls needed to beat their fellow South African rivals by at least 32 points while earning a bonus point for scoring four tries to usurp the Sharks in fourth place in the standings.

A controversial try in the 63rd minute by wing Bryan Habana, his second in the match, converted by flyhalf Morne Steyn put the visitors 33 points ahead.

Habana chased a kick from lock Victor Matfield and beat the defence to the ball. Television replays seemed inconclusive as to whether he legally grounded the ball, but the try was awarded and as it turned out it was the last scoring move of the game. coach Heyneke Meyer said.

"I feel very sorry for the Sharks to be eliminated this way, they must be shattered," Bulls coach Heyneke Meyer said.

"I'm hoping that in the future there will be more than one South African team in the semis.

"It's always tough to fly all the way to New Zealand for a semi, but I think we have a chance of doing well."

The visitors made sure of the result with a brilliant 15-minute burst in which they scored four tries to take a 26-3 lead at halftime.

The match turned their way when centre Wynand Olivier burst through the weak tackle of De Wet Barry to score under the crossbar in the 17th minute.

Nine minutes later Habana smashed flank Luke Watson to the ground and dislodged the ball, which was hacked ahead for Habana to collect and score unopposed.

On the half hour Bulls centre JP Nel benefited from a poor midfield pass which Stormers wing Jean de Villiers was unable to control. Nel swooped and beat the cover defence to the corner.

The Bulls secured their bonus point two minutes later when Steyn ducked under the swinging arm of Marius Joubert for a soft try.

De Villiers scored a superb solo try for the Stormers to briefly peg the Bulls back.

But a Steyn penalty and a Wessel Roux try, which Steyn converted, left the Bulls just six points off their target with 25 minutes to play and set the stage for Habana's clincher.

This must be one of the most unpredictable top 4's ever especially the Bulls good job. I believe the TAB in NZ must have made some good money this week.

Great effort by the Bulls to win by that mcuh away from home. Problem is travelling all the way to Christchurch makes the task of an upset near impossible.

bulls could go alright against the crusaders. they seem to have had some good matches in the past. the travel factor I think will be too much for them to conquer this time though.

Latest posts