• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 2: Brumbies v Blues

ahaha shame on you redunderthebed thinking the brumbies had it in the bag. it's never over until the final whistle.

I must admit I was a bit worried coming into the last few minutes there and the blues not scoring. they left it late but they did get there in the end. I am sure the blues might lose the odd close one this year too but until they do I will be singing their praises and rubbing it into the losing team's fans :D

Bloody awesome stuff from the Blues !!! Nacewa is a legend and McAlister is a beast !!

A concern would be Gibson, he really needs to sort himself out, used to be a fan but after the injury he has been ****.

Huxley boot almost won it for us.He could be wallaby material methinks. :cheers:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...the brumbies were robbed!..but hey as phil kearns would say over the course of his time in the commentry booth..."auckland blues are the biggest cheats in the game"...

where to start...our forwards were out done..thanks alot whitcombe you just assured yourself a back seat when mealamu returns..and afoa is the most over rated prop in nz next to tialata..he SUCKS at scrum time..flavel had his worse game ive seen since him returning to nz...and our loose forwards were absolutely pathetic...they got bullied around the small kids at the playground..good job!..video assessment of this match is gonna make them wisen up...

AND DAVE GIBSON SHOULD BE SHOT!...HE IS THE WORST HALF BACK IN NZ!!!....necewa was below average..i thought a move early on in the 2nd half with howell at 10 and necewa at the back would liven up the blues scoring chances..but na ah...mccalistair is the best 12 in nz..no question

with that been said..we won..not convincingly well but a wins a win and there is so much improvement needed if this team has play off hopes...

oh yeh...the game would be totally different if the weather wasnt as cruddy as it was..but hey you guys been going through a drout???..fair dinkum

GO THE BLUEZ!!!!!!!

I think Nucifora has policy of having at least one retard on the starting team for every game and since Lavea left, Gibson has to be that retard. He wasn't always a retard though !!

What did i tell ya about Kraplan :lol: :lol: :lol: he just cant help himself.

Anyways,Brumbies only have themselves to blame or Huxley in particular for missing all those opportunities to seal the game.

Huxley's kicking tonight reminds me of Hewat last night. He nailed the impossible kicks from over 50 but missed the easy ones that mattered.

I the Force hadn't won this weekend i would be livid right now. B)

Huxley boot almost won it for us.He could be wallaby material methinks. :cheers:
[/b]

Not with kicking like that he wont.

I really rate Nacewa he was one of the few blues players who looked lively right up to the death. He always gives it his utmost and strangely doesn't seem to suffer from the heads down syndrome that is synonymous with Auckland sides when things aren't going there way.
For most of the second half it looked as if the blues weren't even interested in winning the game but rather in maintaining the scoreline and slinking off with the bonus point.
Luke the puke played well, but was wanting on defence a few times as the brumbies broke through in the middle.
Gibson is a piece of ****, but I felt this game really underlined the lack of a powerful ball running scrumhalf such as the chiefs and hurricanes seem to possess in abundance. Taniela Moa is a halfback who might fill this requirement, but he is unproven at super level.
Flavell couldn't build on his last performance, in fact he totally sucked and this time committed a foul worthy of a yellow card. All of the other forwards sucked as well though Braid tried hard.

Interesting to note that the Blues are winning games now that Lavea is not in their side.

Arsehole bloody blues. :(
[/b]

Should be arsehole bloody brumbies for letting the game slip away in the last minute! hahaha

Well done blues, lots of errors but match of the round lived up to its billing, thriller! :D

if u have lavea on your side period....winning percentages slightly go down by 70...even if he isnt playing..just ask the chiefs..HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA...

and yes ozzy..where is moa and poluleagaga...gibson is trash and i do not know why he is playing at this level..he just recovered from an almost career ending..i do not know why devine isnt starting...he is a commanding halfback..the type of halfback that gets on the nerves of his forwards and with the softcocks we have (barring flavell and mr.t) we need that push...gibson is an impact halfback..more of the flamboyant type..we dont need that versitility when we got players in the backline that give us that..

i dunno....

Blues need Nick Williams in there instead of that dick head MacDonald. He does not do a thing apart from giving away penalties. If they want a jumper they should have Boric.

I'd also like to mention that David Palavi has retired after his neck injury in the trial match against the Tahs.

flavell had an awesome round 1 game, is he getting complacent now?!?!? if he keeps up his round 1 form he shld get into the ABs

Latest posts