• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 2: Crusaders v Reds

D

Dumbo

Well done the Reds for beating the Canes last week, well done indeed.
New Coach, missing players, not a positive result last year but they seem to have bounced back rather well.
New boy Clinton Schifcofske looks like he’s got the goods as well as fly half Berrick Barnes has matured no end and really did have a solid game against the Canes last week.
Question? What happens to Schifcofske when and if Latham returns?
As for the Crusaders… not sure.
On paper they are still a competitive team. Their loss last week to the Blues I’m sure will have fuelled the fire no end BUT it’s going to be hard work for the Crusaders (even with the home ground advantage).

The Reds will be without centre Andrew Brown (injury) and have not heard of what damage the Blues did to the Crusaders.
The Reds have a got shot at beating the Crusaders in this one BUT I’m going for the home team. A lose to the Blues, their home crowd… a lot of pride in these boys.

Crusaders by 7+

dont forget that the crusaders havnt lost at home since 2004 when showpony decided to score under the posts by scoring in the corner (just decided to run to the corner) and convert the try from the sideline (i really hate him for that argh)

if they win this weekend they would have had 20 unbeated wins at home, and this is just before the trip over to south africa

go the crusaders :)

I hate that 'showpony' for singly handly losing to the Aussies at the MCG on the 11-Jul-1998
and all the crap I copped because of it.

Crusaders:

15 Scott Hamilton, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 Rua Tipoki, 11 Caleb Ralph, 10 Stephen Brett, 9 Andrew Ellis; 8 Mose Tuiali'i, 7 Johnny Leo'o, 6 Kieran Read, 5 Kevin O'Neill, 4 Ross Filipo, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 2 Corey Flynn ©, 1 Ben Franks. Reserves: 16 Ti'i Paulo, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Michael Paterson, 19 Jake Paringatai, 20 Kevin Senio, 21 Tusi Pisi, 22 Brent Ward.

This one is almost too close to call

The Reds look the goods but it remains to be seen whether their pack can back up a dominant performance two weeks in a row against a well drilled side away from home.

On paper, the teams look fairly even in the backs, but it's up front where is see the Reds having the big advantage.

Reds by less than 12. (not confident)

Hopefully Caleb Brown is back this week, i'm always worried when i see Veratau's name in the starting lineup.

I think the crusaders will destory the reds this week and win by 20+. coming off a loss to the blues they will be hurting and it is also their first game at home. look for tipoki and gear to carve up.

hey i look at it this way..

the reds forwards munched up the chiefs forwards...that led to the victory for the reds and better attacking opportunities for there backs..

THEY WILL NOT DO THAT AGAINST THE CRUSADERS...I REPEAT..the reds forwards are not that great..so unless the crusaders let da gurad down which they never seem to do at setpiece then the reds can make moves..but canty will be counting on there forwards again to set the platform...the same platform they defused the blues with but they only lost at rucktime and to the backs...i dont think the reds can do that..

if they had latham..yeh..but nah otherwise else

REDS:
15 Clinton Schifcofske
14 Henari Veratau
13 Ben Tune
12 Lloyd Johansson
11 Peter Hynes
10 Berrick Barnes
9 Nic Berry
8 John Roe ©
7 David Croft
6 Mitch Chapman
5 Hugh McMeniman
4 James Horwill
3 Rodney Blake
2 Sean Hardman
1 Greg Holmes
Reserves:
16 Stephen Moore
17 Ben Coutts
18 Ed O'Donoghue
19 Tom McVerry
20 Will Genia
21 Quade Cooper
22 Charlie Fetoai

I know he's not overly well known, but Veratau must be the worst winger in Super 14 surely? Good thing he barely touched the ball against the Canes, if at all.

I know he's not overly well known, but Veratau must be the worst winger in Super 14 surely? Good thing he barely touched the ball against the Canes, if at all.
[/b]

I cant think of anyone worse, maybe one of the Saffa wings.

Luckily he's only playing on Caleb Ralph this week and not Gear.... but what are the odds of him playing two inconspicuous games in row.

whats wrong with him...surely there is none worse of a player going around then tasesa lavea..he needs a contract to europe

I agree.I can't see the Crusaders going down against the Reds.Home ground and if the Crusaders get on top they will smash the Reds.

I agree.I can't see the Crusaders going down against the Reds.Home ground and if the Crusaders get on top they will smash the Reds.
[/b]
Care to bet your life on that?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Care to bet your life on that?
[/b][/quote]

I Won't bet my life on the outcome friend but in a way I hope that the best side will win.The REDS are really playing well but so are the CRUSADERS.Time will tell.

im willing to bet his life on that!!!...

ooohhh..this is gonna be very interesting...battle of the young gun 10's

hey i read an article somewhere with bronco's coach sayin berrick will eventually return back to league in the next couple of years...

but isnt the barnes family been long associated with the brisbane league scene?...and would he know him alot closer??..

he didnt say squat all about sailor...nasty chocalate man he is!

Wayne Bennett said both Sailor and Tuqiri would be back in league before the end of their careers when they crossed over. He has said this about Barnes too, and I admit this call has more credibility than the other two as he is a lot younger and does have rugby league roots.

Cheats up to their old tricks, but a good fight back from the Reds 14-8 half time

Final score 33-22 Cheats

Bugger!

Very similar to last years match, Reds in control and then dicked in the final 10.

.... McMenimen injured again :cryy: