• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 4: Brumbies v Cats

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Let`s see how are we going to play in the second half. Perhaps we might get back into the game

They are at home big deal the Cats are gifting them points more than anything.

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 09:32 PM
Let`s see how are we going to play in the second half. Perhaps we might get back into the game
Wake up Rassie :p

I think you better get the record books out :D

I don`t think Brumbies will equal their performance vs Cats in that season when they scored more than 60 points but who knows!

28 - 0 as i`m watching right now

How about George Smith........ in this form he's the best player in the world...... what cant he do

The Cats defence has improved alot this half ..... but something's gotta give.

28-7 Cats defence was great in the second half to deprive the Brumbies of a bonus point.

But still the same problem for the SA teams...... there useless in attack, they managed to get a lucky try in the second half though through there tiny full back.

Gregan was man of the match and he looks like he's back to his best this year, he's just unlucky the only scrum half thats been better than him so far this year is the favourite for the Wallabies #9 jersey(cordingley).

We won the second half :p . Anyway, a little bit too late! With only 2 tries scored in those 4 games you can`t expect too much. OK, we denied Brumbies the bonus point but in vain. Of course the importance of a bonus point was proven last season when Tahs fail to be no 1 after the regular season despite the fact that they dominate it. They haven`t manage to score the 4 try vs Blues therefore were denied of the first place by Crusaders!

Hopefully Cats game will improve! Even that win agains Chiefs was inconclusive !

The Cats dismal effort must be really embarrassing to South Africa, seriously that what shocking - they just got bent over and pumped. Outstandingly the worst effort I’ve seem from a bunch of Saffa’s to date.

Brumbies way to strong on the set piece... owned the second phase... rammed it home… 15 Cats walking home tonight feeling like they have been victims of the American prison system for the past 5 years.

Shame South Africa, shame on you.

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 10:40 PM
We won the second half  :p . Anyway, a little bit too late! With only 2 tries scored in those 4 games you can`t expect too much. OK, we denied Brumbies the bonus point but in vain. Of course the importance of a bonus point was proven last season when Tahs fail to be no 1 after the regular season despite the fact that they dominate it. They haven`t manage to score the 4 try vs Blues therefore were denied of the first place by Crusaders!
Please dont remind me of that

Waratahs probably would have won the comp last year if the chose to go for the bonus point in that game (f**king idiots)

EDIT: thanks Dumbo, hey Groen hows your Saffa weekend going now?????

Perhaps you`re right Dumbo, anyway, one of the best game i`ve seen from Cats was that win in Nelson vs Crusaders a few years ago, that 32- 31!

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 10:52 PM
Perhaps you`re right Dumbo, anyway, one of the best game i`ve seen from Cats was that win in Nelson vs Crusaders a few years ago, that 32- 31!
Ahh Rass....... always living in the past :p

Really did think that the Cats would come out and put in a hell of a fight... Brumbies I think lead the set peice in the Super 14, did anyone else notice how many runners they had coming on to the ball at pace? big warning there to all Super 14 teams, to bet the brumbies you really have to upset their set peice (you can't afford to give Gregan an inch).

Well, at least last 10 - 15 minutes were intersting :D Both teams were looking for points, ACT for the bonus, Cats for the score sheet

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 10:58 PM
Well, at least last 10 - 15 minutes were intersting :D Both teams were looking for points, ACT for the bonus, Cats for the score sheet
Yeah how funny was injury time :lol:

Thats the funniest rugby i've seen in ages

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 3 2006, 06:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rassie
@Mar 3 2006, 10:40 PM
We won the second half  :p . Anyway, a little bit too late! With only 2 tries scored in those 4 games you can`t expect too much. OK, we denied Brumbies the bonus point but in vain. Of course the importance of a bonus point was proven last season when Tahs fail to be no 1 after the regular season despite the fact that they dominate it. They haven`t manage to score the 4 try vs Blues therefore were denied of the first place by Crusaders!
Please dont remind me of that

Waratahs probably would have won the comp last year if the chose to go for the bonus point in that game (f**king idiots)

EDIT: thanks Dumbo, hey Groen hows your Saffa weekend going now????? [/b]
It's still going along nicely thankyou. :p

I just need The Sharks, the Cheetahs and the Proteas to win and it will be complete.

I was hoping for a Cats win... but I always knew that the Cats would struggle this year. You can't miss 40 tackles in one game and expect to go close or win.

--------

Rassie... I was just wondering, did you support the Cats with passion before Centrals came in, or did you just follow the Cats or what.... I knew a couple of people from Bloemfontein and they said to me that they didn't fully support the Cats because the Cats were too Jo'Burg based and orientated, and that there was a bit of friction between the two provinces as to the goings on around the franchise. What was your stance?

I felt exactly the same! I supported Cats (it was nobody`s fault that those farked up SARFU decided on the political order to make a franchise against nature - us and the JHB`ers) but we fell betrayed when 80% of the home games were played on Ellis Park , when our players were `forgotten` not to mention the Tim Lane or Chester Williams experiments!

Huh, and not to mention Lauerie Mains! How can it be possible to bring a foreigner from NZ in the nursery of SA Rugby (Oranje Vrystaat). Mains hated to play in Bloem, he always picked Oranje players last and so on.

A lot of friction, very true!

Latest posts