• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7 - Waratahs v Blues

D

Dumbo

Blues ranked 4th to last and the tah's ranked number 3... Blues come of a win as do the Tah's... will be interesting...

I didn't see the Brumbies game, so I don't know how good they were, but I'm confident the Tah's will have this one at home.

I would put my house on the Tahs for this game

Tuqiri should be back which means Berne get get f***ed, Dell is on fire as is Rogers, this one could be nasty

The Tahs have one of the best forward packs in the comp, plus...

Whitaker
Rogers
Sailor
Turinui
Tiqiri
Hewat
Norton-Knight

You wont find a better backline than that in any league

Tahs by 20+

EDIT: Rogers>McAlister

if the blues win this, they will make the semis. they have played. and lost to most of the top teams. with alot of easy(ish) beats to play, plus some momentum, could be interesting.

if the tight 5, plus flavel play well, and mcallister is playing the blues are more than capable of winning.

In my opinion it will all come down to the Waratah's control of the game. If they play like they did against the Force, they'll lose. If they Norton-Knight's kicking game is on song, Rogers is playing at his upredictable best and the forwards keep their heads, then the Tah's will strangle any chances the blues have and slowly start piling on the points.

Well, it`s the moment of truth for Blues! They can`t afford another loss if they want to have a real chance to make the semis! Very important: will be bonus points? Tahs can even afford to lose if they manage 2 bonus points from this game !

The Waratahs are the Blues biatch's, how many times have they beaten us overall? can't be more then 3 or 4 times at the most.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 20 2006, 07:44 AM
Whitaker
Rogers
Sailor
Turinui
Tiqiri
Hewat
Norton-Knight

I beg to differ...

Robinson
Spencer
Cohen
Quinlan
Clarke
Lamont
Reihana

Just thought I'd throw that in there. These guys in action is quite something. If you want proof, www.sportal.com.

I have nothing useful to add to the actual match debate, but I'd probably back the Waratahs to win it.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 21 2006, 06:54 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Mar 20 2006, 07:44 AM
Whitaker
Rogers
Sailor
Turinui
Tiqiri
Hewat
Norton-Knight

I beg to differ...

Robinson
Spencer
Cohen
Quinlan
Clarke
Lamont
Reihana

Just thought I'd throw that in there. These guys in action is quite something. If you want proof, www.sportal.com.

I have nothing useful to add to the actual match debate, but I'd probably back the Waratahs to win it. [/b]
hmmm... let me see

Robinson, solid half back
Spencer, hot and cold... Rogers>Spencer
Cohen... LMAO! Sailor is no champion, but still Sailor>-------------------------- COHEN
Quinlan... haven't seen enough of him
Clarke, HAVE seen enough and trust me, Tuqiri>--------------------- Clarke
Lamont, good player, but at the moment I would have anyone take Hewat's position... EASILY the most under-rated Aussie player in the S13
Reihana... You probably haven't seen Norton-Knight as he's so young, but put simply, he's the new Larkham.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 20 2006, 07:44 PM
I would put my house on the Tahs for this game

Tuqiri should be back which means Berne get get f***ed, Dell is on fire as is Rogers, this one could be nasty

The Tahs have one of the best forward packs in the comp, plus...

Whitaker
Rogers
Sailor
Turinui
Tiqiri
Hewat
Norton-Knight

Tahs by 20+

EDIT: Rogers>McAlister
Thats just your opinion there are a few teams that could carve that backline up your midfield isnt that flash neither is your wings, Hewett dosent have enough pace and last year was a good example he only got so many tries because they were interecepts and i remember in last years S12 against the Canes Nonu ran him down after he got an intercept.

if mCalister is back will be very interesting. blues have some great backs they just need the ball and to hold onto their passes. the forwards also need to step up again.

the brumbies were bad last week but the blues really just blew them off the park and simply outplayed them

Could be that things are changing for the Blues... 12 and 13 combo are hitting the line hard... still to send it out to the wings, also Blues forwards seem to have picked up a gear... this game we will see if they had a lucky day against the Brumbies OR if the tide has changed.
And if McA' is coming back where is he gonna' play... Rua's deserves to hold his spot (and the couch seems to have some weird frtish for Lavea).

Lavea has retained his spot at 10 with Mcalister coming in at 12 meaning Tipoki is on the bench. How on earth Lavea is still at 10 is a mystery to me (probably doing personal favours for Nucifora or something !!).

The other change is Macdonald starting at 7 for the injured Braid.

i see that rokocoko aint scoring tries but in general play he still world class..just his defensive positioning and counter-attacking/support play have been awesome...

the fact he doesnt get ENOUGH ball with openspace is tha problem...he is still an allblack starter..dam..hes only like 22/23 now?

mccalister should be thrown into the 10 jersey with lavea on the bench...

Latest posts