• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7 - Waratahs v Blues

Jeez Sambad are you having to justify the Super 14 over the NPC, hello! who cares outside of NZ about NPC? Super 14 dudes - thats where it's at

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 27 2006, 10:12 PM
Jeez Sambad are you having to justify the Super 14 over the NPC, hello! who cares outside of NZ about NPC? Super 14 dudes - thats where it's at
s14 is boring. its like canned sport. the mcdonalds of rugby.

Originally posted by sambãd5+Mar 27 2006, 09:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Dumbo
@Mar 27 2006, 10:12 PM
s14 is boring. its like canned sport. the mcdonalds of rugby. [/b]
But at least people turn up to the matches ;) .

Afl sell out many games during the year(that our #1 sport)

Over here in perth the West Coast Eagles and Freo Dockers sell out just about every game of the year (thats 40-43,000) and big Games like Essendon v Collingwood or Carlton v Collingwood at the MCG get 80-100,000

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 27 2006, 09:27 PM

Over here in perth the West Coast Eagles and Freo Dockers sell out just about every game of the year (thats 40-43,000) and big Games like Essendon v Collingwood or Carlton v Collingwood at the MCG get 80-100,000
AFL is a different proposition as well though because the game is close to unwatchable on TV but spectacular live. Rugby is great to go to, but you don't lose anything in the TV presentation.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 27 2006, 10:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Mar 27 2006, 09:27 PM

AFL is a different proposition as well though because the game is close to unwatchable on TV but spectacular live. Rugby is great to go to, but you don't lose anything in the TV presentation. [/b]
Aussie Rules is great to watch on tv, the ratings speak for themself.

Point is even though we have many sports in OZ we still get great crowd numbers.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 27 2006, 09:38 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 27 2006, 10:33 PM

AFL is a different proposition as well though because the game is close to unwatchable on TV but spectacular live. Rugby is great to go to, but you don't lose anything in the TV presentation.

Point is even though we have many sports in OZ we still get great crowd numbers. [/b]
But wouldn't you agree that you lose scope of the game when it's on TV because so much is going on that you can't see? Ask any AFL (real fan, and I admit I have at best a casual interest and only when at my father's house (who is from WA) in AFL) and they'll tell you every time that watching it on TV gives you nothing compared to actually being there. Which isn't a way of me saying people won't want to watch it on TV, but rather there is an extra insentive for people to go to the games if they can. Anyway though, I'd only ever go to a game if there was absolutely no chance I'd miss a live game of league or union.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 27 2006, 11:43 PM-->
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 27 2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 27 2006, 10:33 PM

Point is even though we have many sports in OZ we still get great crowd numbers.
But wouldn't you agree that you lose scope of the game when it's on TV because so much is going on that you can't see? Ask any AFL (real fan, and I admit I have at best a casual interest and only when at my father's house (who is from WA) in AFL) and they'll tell you every time that watching it on TV gives you nothing compared to actually being there. Which isn't a way of me saying people won't want to watch it on TV, but rather there is an extra insentive for people to go to the games if they can. Anyway though, I'd only ever go to a game if there was absolutely no chance I'd miss a live game of league or union. [/b]
I've been a die hard Aussie Rules fan since i can remember and have been to so many games i've lost count , but the reason i go to the games has nothing to do with the quality of viewing on telly,the reason i go is for the atmosphere that you get from watching the game in a cauldron like Subi.

I agree that you dont get the same feeling for the flow of the game from the telly but i think that has little to do with the crowd numbers.Most ppl (including me) find themselves watching the big screen alot during the game because regardless of how good your seat is you cant see everything as close as you would like to at a huge Aussie Rules Stadium.

Alot of ppl i know actually prefer watching AFL on tv because of the fact you cant see the action as close as they have become accustomed to. TBH all aussie rules fans i know love watching the game on tv.

Enough... AFL is everywhere at the moment and it really doesn't have to be here, yes it draws crowds, yes this and yes that BUT DUDE IT'S AFL for chirstsake.
I spoke to old guy the other day and I asked him who his team was in the AFL, he said that he didn't have once cause he hadn't been here long enough. I asked him how long he'd been here and he said over 50 years...

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 28 2006, 07:26 PM
.I spoke to old guy the other day and I asked him who his team was in the AFL, he said that he didn't have once cause he hadn't been here long enough. I asked him how long he'd been here and he said over 50 years...
Nice story

point?

Well now that you come to mention it I'm not sure... OK I admit that but enough with the AFL already.

Latest posts