• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 8. Reds v Chiefs

D

Dumbo

The badluck Reds take on the Chiefs at home.
Last week was a poor effort from the Reds but due to most of their players being injured what do you expect.
The Chiefs however put in a good effort against the Lions and this week will have the option of fielding Sivi and Bryon (Mils out for a long time), also Jono Gibbs and Steve Bates may be back from injury.

There is hope for the Reds though in the possible selection of Lavea at first5, who last week although was not as woeful as he has been in the past was still woeful.

Chiefs in a rough one up front.

We can all assume from here on that the Reds season is over. They're on record to be the first team that wins the wooden spoon even before the competition has reached half way.

Well done to the Reds.

The Chiefs will be boosted by the return of Kelleher & probably Sivivatu. With the in-form Lavea, they should win this game comfortably by 5 tries or more.

Chiefs by 20.

Can't see the Reds putting up much of a fight unless they change tactic. Their gameplan has fallen apart now.

Cordingley,McMenimen,C.Brown and A.Brown must be close to returning soon eh?

I'd like to agree but with guys like Roe... they just never say die.
If the chiefs can take this one and win a bonus point then they are going to be sitting around half way up the ladder... just like every other year.
think the Chiefs will have the edge up front and a big battle with the loose forwards.

Backs however... who knows?

Where's Wally? oh, there he is.

Good supply of drugs up in QLD? mate, Reds are going to get humped.

17 mins gone Chiefs lead 10-3 after Ormsby try and a sideline conversion to Donald. Both sides traded penalties early on.

Thats what you get when your forced to recruit amateur props from Brizzy club rugby.

Skelton you cockhead!!!! you just lost your side the match :rahh:

hard luck to the reds, but its proberally about time the cheifs won one of the close 1s

saw most of the second half and it was a fairly average game. both sides dropped the ball a lot and made basic errors like kicking the ball out on the full. the matter wasn't helped by one of the worst refs I have ever seen. he was giving away penalites for crooked feeds into the scrum. I mean seriously he did at least 3 time in a row inside about 5mins. I agree with what the aussies comentators were saying that he was auditioning for the world cup and would proabbly ref there.

Worst game I've seen from Copper, couldn't catch a beach ball yesterday. Don't know what Walker was thinking with the long range drop kick, should have at least tried to get closer or try and milk the penalty.

yeah that reds no. 10 had the worst game i have ever seen a player have... ever

Worst game I've seen from Copper, couldn't catch a beach ball yesterday. Don't know what Walker was thinking with the long range drop kick, should have at least tried to get closer or try and milk the penalty.
[/b]
He's 18 though so you can't really expect any sort of consistency from him yet. 'Copper' will learn from this game, and that's what being a rookie is all about. It's Cooper by the way.

Yeah I was at the game and it was pretty boring to watch mostly because the large amount of mistakes but at least i got to see a try from the reds :p

Latest posts