• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: Cats v Reds

D

Dumbo

The Cats (ranked 13th) take on the Red’s (12th). The only thing I expect to be remotely interesting about this game is that it’s being played in Jo’burg and I’ve always kinda’ liked the name.
Fingers crossed that at least one team can catch a ball (but I’m not expecting as much as that), scoring a try I think will be out of the question.

Hmm tough one to tip, ask me a week ago and I would of said Reds easily but seeing the Reds display against the Sharks and with Andre Pretorius and Ashiwn Willemse back for the Cats it could go either way. I will tip the Cats by 6 just because they are a SA team.

I will also go for the Cats. Not just because the are a South African team, but because I believe Andre Pretorius was the missing link in the Cats loss to the Highlanders. If he was playing I'm sure that the Cats would have broken through the line more easily. That game gave the Cats a lot of confidence, and I believe that the Reds will be worse off going up to the highveldt, and that the Cats will be freshened up from the bye.

Cats by 10 points. Yep, 10 POINTS!!!

Originally posted by Stormer@Apr 4 2006, 12:32 PM
Hmm tough one to tip, ask me a week ago and I would of said Reds easily but seeing the Reds display against the Sharks and with Andre Pretorius and Ashiwn Willemse back for the Cats it could go either way. I will tip the Cats by 6 just because they are a SA team.
The Reds weren't that bad against the Sharks :wacko:

The Reds weren`t bad against Cheetahs, Crusaders or Tahs ! Cats sucked pretty bad even vs Chiefs! Anyway, some improvement have been made in the process but still it`s very difficult to pick them as winners!

It`s anybodys game but my vote goes to Cats too !

I think the Reds should win this one........... although Pretorius is a big boost to the Cats.

Anyone heard if Lathams gonna play?

Originally posted by Wally+Apr 4 2006, 01:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Stormer
@Apr 4 2006, 12:32 PM
The Reds weren't that bad against the Sharks :wacko: [/b]
Sorry should of been more specific, Reds in general play were decent and showed some good touches in attack but in set plays Sharks dominated and how easily AJ Venter, Warren Britz and Ruan Piennar scored is not a good sign for them.

Add Ricky Januarie, Trevor Hall and Jannes Labuschagne to possible Cats returning.

Head to Head:
Cats: 15 Conrad Jantjes, 14 Wylie Human, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Wayne Julies, 11 Grant Esterhuizen, 10 André Pretorius, 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Cobus Grobbelaar, 7 Wikus van Heerden (captain), 6 Gerhard Vosloo, 5 Willem Stoltz, 4 Gordon Gilfillan, 3 Marius Hurter, 2 Delarey du Preez, 1 Pietman van Niekerk.
Replacements: 16 Lukas van Biljon, 17 Lawrence Sephaka, 18 Jannes Labuschagne, 19 Ernst Joubert, 20 Enrico Januarie, 21 Doppies la Grange, 22 Earl Rose

Reds: 15 Drew Mitchell, 14 Peter Hynes, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Julian Huxley, 11 Caleb Brown, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Tom McVerry, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Ole Avei, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Mitchell Chapman, 20 Nic Berry, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Tim Atkinson

Let it be known the Reds have never lost to the Cats at Ellis Park. In fact, the Reds have only ever lost to the Cats once in the last decade.

Cats will be way more attacking this week with Andre back. Reds put up a great fight against the Sharks so should be a good game.

What's the best way to get rid of that humble pie taste in your mouth? And yes, I am aware that prevention for this is to keep my mouth shut. <_<

Latest posts