• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 9: Highlanders v W.Force

Absolute stunning day in Dunedin, hopefully there will be some good running rugby and the Highlanders will take it out.

25 - 22

Only saw the last 5 minutes. Tense last 5 minutes it was as well.

Close win for the Highlanders. Force almost scored in the last couple of seconds to win the match.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 7 2006, 04:08 PM
Think your both on drugs..

9 - Jimmy Cowan vs Matt Henjak... as much as Cowans a tool he's no where as much of a tool as Henjak.
10 - Callum Bruce vs James Hilgendorf... ok things could be a little even here.
11 - Roy Kinikinilau vs Digby Ioane... why? check the try count
12 - Seilala Mapusua vs Scott Staniforth... why? cause it's obvious
13 - Neil Brew vs Josh Graham... see above
14 - Vilimoni Delasau vs Gavin DeBartolo... check the try count
15 - Ben Blair vs Cameron Shepherd... um ANOTHER obvious one here...
You must be slightly retarded.

10 - Callum Bruce vs James Hilgendorf... I'm not even sure who the **** Callum Bruce is but Hilgendorf has been a relevation for the Force.
11 - Roy Kinikinilau vs Digby Ioane... The Force's best back and among the best rookies of the Super 14, if not the best.
12 - Seilala Mapusua vs Scott Staniforth... Are you kidding me? Staniforth has been the best hard running inside centre of the competition. Five tries in four games for the Force.
13 - Neil Brew vs Josh Graham
14 - Vilimoni Delasau vs Gavin DeBartolo
15 - Ben Blair vs Cameron Shepherd... Both kick goals, both run fast, both f@#k up alot. Even.

****er, what?

Reckon' Wally that it's was hard to judge today, Force by far had 10,12,13 under control today... so many mistakes from both sides made it really hard to even work out who was the best team on the day...

BUT no Evans, Ginga Lock and Anton... still think that on paper it goes to the Highlanders. Great first 30 mins from the Force though... great running at the line from 1st5... give Mitchell all the **** you want but that looked like the All Blacks tactics pre not taking out the last world cop/tri nations attitude.

Staniforth is a dirty barstd and should get a month on the sidelines for that act of filth.

Originally posted by Southern man@Apr 9 2006, 01:36 AM
Staniforth is a dirty barstd and should get a month on the sidelines for that act of filth.
Thats what we call over here a good old fashioned hip n shoulder ........ you see atleast 30 of those a game in Aussie Rules, you get up and you shake it off .

Stop ya whinging you big girls blouse.

Well go back to watching Aussie rules then because in rugby it is called an off the ball high hit leading with the elbow. Well thats how I would describe it.

By the looks of things Mr Staniforth could be in a little bit of trouble.

Western Force player Scott Staniforth has been cited for an alleged dangerous tackle in the Rebel Sport Super 14 match between the Highlanders and the Western Force at Carisbrook, Dunedin, tonight, Saturday 8 April.

Staniforth was cited by Citing Commissioner Mike O’Leary for the incident in the 21st minute of the match.

He will appear before a SANZAR Judicial Committee at the New Zealand Rugby Union offices in Wellington on Monday 10 April, with the hearing starting at 5.00pm.[/b]

There's no way to know what he'll get because Rugby Union is the biggest joke in international sport when it comes to fowl play punishments... seriously, they've got no f***ing clue and there is ZERO consistency! In Rugby League they have a highly professional and consistent system in which players know where they stand, but in Union Lote can get banned for a coulpe weeks for a slight shoulder charge, while Umaga and Mealamu can spear tackle and dislocate the shoulder of a player and get off scot free!

Umaga and Mealamu wern't cited, while Tuquiri was. When a player gets cited I think its basically guaranteed that they will get a stint on the sideline. While in league a player can argue their case and get off it.

Originally posted by Southern man@Apr 9 2006, 10:09 AM
Umaga and Mealamu wern't cited, while Tuquiri was. When a player gets cited I think its basically guaranteed that they will get a stint on the sideline. While in league a player can argue their case and get off it.
But only if they have a case to argue, and arguing often risks a longer stint if you fail, so it's a bloody good system really. As for Umaga and Mealamu not being cited, well that just proves how amature Rugby Union still is in this area! In League there is NO WAY IN HELL that dislocating a players should through a spear tackle COULD NOT get you cited... pathetic effort by part timer officials if you ask me and the system needs to be totally scrapped and replaced. The NRL knows what it's doing in this area, Rugby Union don't, it's as simple as that.

I agree with Sanzar. If the International Rugby Board won't come up with a universal system for dealing with player citings I think that SANZAR should do so with incidents that occur during the Super 14 and Tri-Nations.

Latest posts